linkr

Luka Dončić 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 9/30/2018 at 7:41 PM, chud12 said:

Realistic projections, 16/6 with two 3's per maybe and real inconsistent to get there. I just can't see that being 4-6 round value. And I am being kind of the projection.

Glad I didn’t listen to myself and took the risk 3 days later lol.  Always nice pulling up some garbage u said months back.  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Glad I didn’t listen to myself and took the risk 3 days later lol.  Always nice pulling up some garbage u said months back.  😂

I was 15-5-5 with 2 3's in 43% shooting. So glad to be wrong.

• Like 1

I was excited to draft the kid after seeing what he’s been doing in Europe against grown men. My league said I reached for him in 8round lol but I did not think he would be putting up these kinda lines at all. This kid is gonna be exciting to watch for years to come. 

He'll be gone by the 2nd round next year at this point.

Get this man some help! Youngest player in the NBA history with 2 triple doubles. Just waiting for his 40+ point 20+ rebound + 20+ assist game. Might not be this year but it's coming soon. 

If people were reaching for Mitchell in the late 2nd round this season you better believe this guy is going second round in every draft next. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

If people were reaching for Mitchell in the late 2nd round this season you better believe this guy is going second round in every draft next. 

I was one of those that gambled and reach for him early in the 5th round this year and boy did it pay off! Got him on two squads. 

• Like 2

Hawks looked stupid during the draft and they look even more stupid now. Dude is an absolute stud.

• Like 4

On 7/3/2018 at 10:15 AM, greatestmetfan said:

Alright so for me he's definitely the most intriguing player in the draft and I can't wait to watch him play. I also agree that he could be ROY because he has such a unique well rounded skill set. It's kind of like Jokic meets Manu Ginobili. I see his number dipping to 15/5/5 from euro league to the NBA which is still very impressive for a rookie and we have a future euro star here IMO.

I see him struggling on defense because he's not the quickest guy out there. Guys like John Wall, Westbrook, even Jrue Holiday will blow by him so his biggest weakness will be defense. I don't expect any defensive stats unless he's better at reading passing lanes than I realize.

NBA players close out quicker so I expect to see his 3 point % stay the same and 2 point % dip as well. He's going to shoot a lower percentage than you think because in the NBA the players are bigger, faster, stronger. He's an extremely crafty player though so we might see some struggles early and him really start to adjust as the season goes on and in to next season.

I'm very high on this rookie and would maybe go for him in 6th-7th round depending on who's available.

I feel like I was pretty close here and he's even outperformed this!

14 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

I was one of those that gambled and reach for him early in the 5th round this year and boy did it pay off! Got him on two squads. 

I took him 37th overall in a 12 team league. I said no way I would let someone else take this guy. 

• Like 1

I traded Middleton for him early in the season.. some say I lost the trade but I have really enjoyed owning Doncic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Padilla814 said:

I traded Middleton for him early in the season.. some say I lost the trade but I have really enjoyed owning Doncic.

I tried so many times to trade for Middleton in first 2-3 weeks and i am glad that i couldn`t. He can`t give you even one stock per game lately and his efficiency is in the history.

I traded Gary, Dinwiddie and WCJ for Luka in early december and many, even in this thread, thought that i gave a lot. The trade was 2 veto votes away to be cancelled. And now looks like huge victory for me.

Doncic (ankle) will be available for Saturday's game against the Cavs, Mavs play-by-play man Mark Followill reports.

Spin: Doncic was held out of Thursday's loss to Detroit, but his ankle injury was never considered overly serious, and he'll return to the starting lineup Saturday. The Mavs will again be shorthanded in the wake of the Kristaps Porzingis deal, so with only 11 players available, Doncic could see a slightly expanded role.

Anyone worried about his free throws long term? If he was at 80% like he shot in Europe, he’d be top 40. Seems like it’s in his head but that’s really all it takes to be a sub par ft shooter. 

5 minutes ago, serveist said:

Anyone worried about his free throws long term? If he was at 80% like he shot in Europe, he’d be top 40. Seems like it’s in his head but that’s really all it takes to be a sub par ft shooter. 

Not one bit....nothing to nitpick with this NINETEEN year old who’s already dominating the nba.  Superstar

42 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Incoming first career 40 pt game 

did u just jinx it 

35 points 11 rebounds and 6 assist without any of his new teammates. Only 19 years old and getting better. Had a all time great 1st half and one of the worst 2nd half. He is a fantasy beast and future superstar. Can't imagine how it's going to be when Porzingis joins him next season. Might be the greatest duo in the 2020's. 

Edited by PSA10Collector

12 minutes ago, PSA10Collector said:

35 points 11 rebounds and 6 assist without any of his new teammates. Only 19 years old and getting better. Had a all time great 1st half and one of the worst 2nd half. He is a fantasy beast and future superstar. Can't imagine how it's going to be when Porzingis joins him next season. Might be the greatest duo in the 2020's. 

what happened in the 2nd half? his FG% ain't that bad

2 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

what happened in the 2nd half? his FG% ain't that bad

He was 7/9 in the first half with 4 3s, but in the second the shot from outside just didn`t fall.

Edited by montanski