linkr

Luka Dončić 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

This may be treading closely with an AC forum question, but I'll ask anyway. Have we gotten to that point where proposing a Kawhi for Doncic trade seems pretty fair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Nica4two said:

This may be treading closely with an AC forum question, but I'll ask anyway. Have we gotten to that point where proposing a Kawhi for Doncic trade seems pretty fair?

As a Doncic owner no way would I take Leonard for Doncic. Doncic is like fine wine he keeps getting better and better as the season goes on. Leonard meanwhile spends time on the bench every other game. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nica4two said:

This may be treading closely with an AC forum question, but I'll ask anyway. Have we gotten to that point where proposing a Kawhi for Doncic trade seems pretty fair?

Shiet. Savey owners had Kawaii DnD and had Luka way higher than his adp. To that point? Luka is Bird. Leonard is Leonard.

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luka being Luka. He just has the it factor that you can tell he will be a future superstar in this league. Just another 26 points 10 rebounds 7 assist game. Nothing to fancy :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just thinking about where hes going to go next season, I'm thinking end of the 1st early 2nd round. Hes already a fan favorite. This season was by far the best value were going to find on this guy rest of the way. Dont get me wrong I'll happily draft him next season at that ADP.

Edited by buzzkilloton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

Was just thinking about where hes going to go next season, I'm thinking end of the 1st early 2nd round. Hes already a fan favorite. This season was by far the best value were going to find on this guy rest of the way. Dont get me wrong I'll happily draft him next season at that ADP.

And lose your league doing it. He is not a first rounder yet because: 1) bad fg% 2) very low steals ( in last 10 games he has only 2 steals)  3) very high turnovers and 4) low ft% for a guard. Those all add up to keep his rankings in the 80s right now. If he improved all of them right away he could probably be a 2nd or 3rd rounder next season. He is much better in real life than fantasy right now..don't get me wrong i love owning him but this was as a 5th round pick. Next season i won't be drafting most likely price too high

Edited by richg24
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The low steals and low ft suck 😞  I was expecting high turnovers but this is insane. I just realized I have a low turnover team with the exception of Jokic and doncic 

Edited by Fantasyscrub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this kid, but dang, he's gonna quadruple-double pretty soon. Over under on next season's Luka Quaddubs? starting at 3.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, silianrail said:

Love this kid, but dang, he's gonna quadruple-double pretty soon. Over under on next season's Luka Quaddubs? starting at 3.5

Turnovers are going to come down as the team becomes better around him. Right now he does everything and overdoes it a lot. He's still a rookie even though he's already a literal god.

FT% i think has to improve significantly next season as well...or maybe he will be a Lebron like FT shooter but I doubt it.

The steals I dunno...those might always suck but who cares when he can nearly avg a tripple double with 25 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, richg24 said:

And lose your league doing it. He is not a first rounder yet because: 1) bad fg% 2) very low steals ( in last 10 games he has only 2 steals)  3) very high turnovers and 4) low ft% for a guard. Those all add up to keep his rankings in the 80s right now. If he improved all of them right away he could probably be a 2nd or 3rd rounder next season. He is much better in real life than fantasy right now..don't get me wrong i love owning him but this was as a 5th round pick. Next season i won't be drafting most likely price too high

You know i havent even noticed the negative stats the one league i own him in is a head2head points league and hes ranked 27th on the season and 15th over all average in the last 30. That league also gives a bonus for TDs. I dont play in any roto leagues just head2head I forget sometimes how much of a effects those negatives have in other formats.

Edited by buzzkilloton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

THE WORLD IS ******** ENDING...pls God no, no no no no. Plsss be ok

the fact that he finished the game is a pretty good sign he should be ok.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

the fact that he finished the game is a pretty good sign he should be ok.

i agree. dont get me wrong, it could turn out to be something serious but I personally hear a pop in my knee all the time when my foot is planted and i swivel my leg. lets just keep our fingers and toes crossed here and pray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gosh.. it's 1st day of fantasy playoffs and this???

 

Come on Luka!!! We need that Luka Magic!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is our wonderboy Luka going to play? -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wisegeeks said:

Is our wonderboy Luka going to play? -_-

 

I don't know but I put in a low-ballish trade offer to his owner in a tight playoff week as I sit in my BYE week lounge chair.  So it's one of those cases where it would be more advantageous for ME if he didn't play, but I will not hope for bad things or wish anything upon anyone, as us fervent fantasy fellows tend to do.  Wishing Luka the best however it plays out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.