Sign in to follow this  
colepenhagen

Huge Deal on table for JO RAM... WHIR

12 team 5x5 redraft h2h

give ozzie, gleyber, acuna

get jo ram, yoan, candelario

im fine giving up ozzie and more (offered ozzie and j up and got countered with this) but i love gleyber so have a hard time looking at this trade without bias

i really dont need jo ram but getting that proven top 10 player for 3 rookies seems like a smart move to go with trout, trea, arenado,

my team

c gary dl

1b c santana

2b ozzie

3b arenado

ss trea

of trout

of j up

of acuna

util gleyber

util braun

bench - andujar, bird

I would turn it down. Even though they are rookies, they have all met or exceeded expectations this season (possibly with the exception of Acuna, but his expectations were sky-high to begin with). While JRam will help a bit in the SB category, I think you'll get similar totals in all of the other categories out of Ozzie and Gleyber. Not sure if you even need SBs with Trea and Trout though. In a shallow 12 team, I think Candelario will be a solid run producer besides his low BA since he gets walks pretty easily. However, Moncada's BA will put a significant hole through your team's BA without any real hope of a breakout like the rookies.

• Like 1

I love JoRam but I wouldn't do it. Yoan and Candelerio are very mediocre options, at best. Albies is as good as it gets at 2B behind JoRam/Altuve, and he may end up better than Altuve this season. I'd offer Acuna and Gleyber for JoRam and not lose sleep if he declines. 

• Like 1

I would walk away from it.  JRam is a stud, but I think you give up too much.

• Like 1

what if he adds in skaggs and newcomb and takes away canderalrio? i need am in need of any type quality sp

I would pass on that deal

I would hold pat for a bit.  See if you can work it out with keeping Gleyber.

I would do this in a heartbeat. The key word here is "redraft". So far this season, looking at season averages (since Acuna was out for awhile), Ozzie's been top 40, Acuna top 70, and Gleyber top 100. JoRam's top 7 (top 4 if you look at season totals). So although I get the whole potential aspect of it, and that these players can get better as the season goes on, and that just because that's what the stats have been so far doesn't mean that's what they're going to be the rest of the season... but I can't confidently say that any of these players are expected to be a top 20 player right now THIS SEASON. And JoRam definitely should be top 10. So I'd easily go with the JoRam side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

I would do this in a heartbeat. The key word here is "redraft". So far this season, looking at season averages (since Acuna was out for awhile), Ozzie's been top 40, Acuna top 70, and Gleyber top 100. JoRam's top 7 (top 4 if you look at season totals). So although I get the whole potential aspect of it, and that these players can get better as the season goes on, and that just because that's what the stats have been so far doesn't mean that's what they're going to be the rest of the season... but I can't confidently say that any of these players are expected to be a top 20 player right now THIS SEASON. And JoRam definitely should be top 10. So I'd easily go with the JoRam side.

I didnt even notice a redraft. 100% agree with this.

Keep the Ozzie side, and move other players for his JoRam trio. But who are you gonna offer up for that? Post you're full roster.