dorwell

Andre Drummond 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Drummond started last season with just incredible improvements in free throw shooting and play making.   The AST improvements was sadly drastically cut back after the Griffin trade, but he still returned top 20 value.  He's good enough to be taken in 2nd round if you are punting ft, which like some others have pointed out, you might not want to do anymore since he's gotten so much better. 

Expect Pistons to once again run the ball through Blake Griffin, but Drummond might take a three pointer here and there and I really don't mind that.  He's not getting Marc Gasol kind of strokes over one summer but if he can do 31% and attempt less than 2 per game (basically Giannis level), then it will help slightly more than it hurts. 

Unfortunately, while he was often available in the 4th round at draft last season, I expect him to be projected into late 2nd, early 3rd round even by casual fantasy players and pretty much will no longer be a great value play.  As far as C's go I have AD at the top, then KAT/Jokic.  At the next level are Embiid/Drummond. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Airball B said:

Drummond started last season with just incredible improvements in free throw shooting and play making.   The AST improvements was sadly drastically cut back after the Griffin trade, but he still returned top 20 value.  He's good enough to be taken in 2nd round if you are punting ft, which like some others have pointed out, you might not want to do anymore since he's gotten so much better. 

Expect Pistons to once again run the ball through Blake Griffin, but Drummond might take a three pointer here and there and I really don't mind that.  He's not getting Marc Gasol kind of strokes over one summer but if he can do 31% and attempt less than 2 per game (basically Giannis level), then it will help slightly more than it hurts. 

Unfortunately, while he was often available in the 4th round at draft last season, I expect him to be projected into late 2nd, early 3rd round even by casual fantasy players and pretty much will no longer be a great value play.  As far as C's go I have AD at the top, then KAT/Jokic.  At the next level are Embiid/Drummond. 

Well said my man. Didn’t own him last year because I didn’t execute any punt FT% but with his improvement he shouldn’t be exclusive to that strategy anymore. If you watch his IG stories he is really practicing on his 3s repeatedly, it seems like he will be given a green light to launch a few. Let’s just hope it doesn’t mess with his FG% as much.

With that being said an Embiid Drummond combo during the turn of the second round if you’re picking at that position could be nasty. You just need a Derozan, Gallo or Louwill to stabilize your FT%.

5 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Well said my man. Didn’t own him last year because I didn’t execute any punt FT% but with his improvement he shouldn’t be exclusive to that strategy anymore. If you watch his IG stories he is really practicing on his 3s repeatedly, it seems like he will be given a green light to launch a few. Let’s just hope it doesn’t mess with his FG% as much.

With that being said an Embiid Drummond combo during the turn of the second round if you’re picking at that position could be nasty. You just need a Derozan, Gallo or Louwill to stabilize your FT%.

Tough to stabilize FT% from the IR

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 9:51 AM, jay14bay said:

Tough to stabilize FT% from the IR

Embiid Drummond would be tough to stabilize but it is possible to salvage somewhat so you don't lose every week (or get last place in roto).   Maybe Booker / Derozan for 3rd/4th pick.  But then you're punting assists.  

The cheapest (and I think the best) way to stabilize FT% is LouWill.  A lot of those other guys it depends on your seating in snake as to whether you get them.  But you can pretty much guarantee to get LouWill in the 5th round as I haven’t seen him get selected in the 4th round in any mocks.  Not to mention Drummond is overkill in rebounds and very solid in stocks.  LouWill is strong in the opposing stats of Points, threes, and assists.  So if I picked Drummond in the second and didn’t want to punt FT (bc it was roto or whatever other reason) I would look to pick LouWill in the 5th.  If I missed on him I would then move into punt FT%.  That way I either get a FT anchor for cheap or punt.  If you draft Drummond then overdraft DeRozan types then that completely defeats the purpose.  In drafting a punt FT big your hope is that you’re getting a discount of several rounds of what his adp would be if FT weren’t a stat.  If you overdraft DeRozan or whomever to make up for his FT, then you’re giving up that advantage voluntarily.