• Announcements

    • Patrick Bateman

      Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

      Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
dorwell

Andre Drummond 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

So what is your take on this big guy. Finished last season #22 in 9cat according to BBM. If you punted FT% he's #9.

 

Now with Casey in Detroit I'm not sure how they are using him. Only followed the situation of JVal in Toronto and he did had a hard time every season under Casey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drummond >>>>> Valanciunas.  I don't think he's in any danger of being messed with like Casey did to JV.  

 

Drummond is perfect for punt-FT builds but after improving from a ~36-38% FT shooter to 60% last year, he can even be used in non-punt teams if surrounded by other strong FT shooters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this could be there year delivers first round value w/o punting. His ft's are improving like Gobert. Plus he's adding a 3 point shot??? :ph34r:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my ideal start to a draft this year would be Steph/Giannis + Drummond and punt FTs. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saucy said:

I think my ideal start to a draft this year would be Steph/Giannis + Drummond and punt FTs. 

WHY ON EARTH would you be drafting Steph when you plan punting FTs ?????????!?!?!?!?!

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

this could be there year delivers first round value w/o punting. His ft's are improving like Gobert. Plus he's adding a 3 point shot??? :ph34r:

 

 

 

Oohhh Dear God please NO... goddammit Drum.. . stick to... stick to what you know doing best...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

WHY ON EARTH would you be drafting Steph when you plan punting FTs ?????????!?!?!?!?!

Because of the elite fg% and 5 rebs per game from the PG slot. Although that combo looks strange at the first look, I have seen it a few times in h2h leagues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, x_Nemesis_x said:

Because of the elite fg% and 5 rebs per game from the PG slot. Although that combo looks strange at the first look, I have seen it a few times in h2h leagues.

IDK man... that doesn't look nor sound right... 
On the other hand... drafting Gianni - Drum combo and punting FT... that's just fine :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stefan said:

IDK man... that doesn't look nor sound right... 
On the other hand... drafting Gianni - Drum combo and punting FT... that's just fine :D  

 

When you punt FT% you are likely gonna double punt 3's so Steph is actually great for a punt FT% build.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, x_Nemesis_x said:

Because of the elite fg% and 5 rebs per game from the PG slot. Although that combo looks strange at the first look, I have seen it a few times in h2h leagues.

 

And the elite 3's most punt ft guys get none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, turner46 said:

 

When you punt FT% you are likely gonna double punt 3's so Steph is actually great for a punt FT% build.

 

18 minutes ago, turner46 said:

 

And the elite 3's most punt ft guys get none.

 

Hmmm I don't think that's a good tactic... much of Curry's overall value comes from SUPER ELITE fts... 92% on 5.9 FTA... 

IDK... maybe I'm wrong... but that's a strange combination...

 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Stefan
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Hmmm I don't think that's a good tactic... much of Curry's overall value comes from SUPER ELITE fts... 92% on 5.9 FTA... 

IDK... maybe I'm wrong... but that's a strange combination...

 

The hardest stat to find when punting FT% is 3's and assits, and many of the top 3pt shooter can crush your FG%. Steph is elite in 3pt obviously but also among the very best point guards in FG%. If you get steph, and then another 3pt shooter with decent percentages (Klay, Gary Harris), you can afford to take high volume 3pt shooters later in the draft without worrying about your FG%.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

 

Oohhh Dear God please NO... goddammit Drum.. . stick to... stick to what you know doing best...

 

why hate on a player for expanding his game? :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

 

why hate on a player for expanding his game? :huh:

I mean... common man...

Not hatin' but he's a career 42% ft shooter... and now all of a sudden he's shooting threes... 

Work on something you gonna need/use in gametime situations...

s h i e t

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

 

 

Hmmm I don't think that's a good tactic... much of Curry's overall value comes from SUPER ELITE fts... 92% on 5.9 FTA... 

IDK... maybe I'm wrong... but that's a strange combination...

 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the punt FT% with Steph strategy became a thing a couple years ago. He was in the 4-5 range on volume until last year when he spiked to 6. H2H (punt leagues) aren't my thing so other people can chime in. For roto, punting is not wise...but for Drummond now, I don't think you have to punt in roto any longer. I think getting him in the third round is obviously better, but you are going to need to get volume FT shooters like a Derozan after you pick Drummond and pair him with FT% in the top rounds. FT% is tough to overcome because of the lack of volume. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I mean... common man...

Not hatin' but he's a career 42% ft shooter... and now all of a sudden he's shooting threes... 

Work on something you gonna need/use in gametime situations...

s h i e t

I don't think he is working on it to become a legit 3 point shooter, just one that needs to be watched/kind of guarded. I would guess the Pistons would try to run sets to open up the lane for Blake to drive. I think Drummond shooting 3's is more about Blake than it is about Drummond, if that makes any sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i enjoyed owning him last season.  would target him again in the 2nd round.  and yes please no 3s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I got this dude in the 40s last year. Saved my team consistently. I doubt he’ll ever be as stat heavy as he was last year tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Griffin will hit his usage, especially his assists. I enjoyed last year but won't target him high this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine AD & Drummond as your 1st & 2nd. The stocks :rolleyes:

 

With ADs high volume fts and shooting 82% last year (85% last two months) he could help offset drums poor fts with another guy later such as derozan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Imagine AD & Drummond as your 1st & 2nd. The stocks :rolleyes:

 

With ADs high volume fts and shooting 82% last year (85% last two months) he could help offset drums poor fts with another guy later such as derozan

I won Draft Kings of Rotoworld last year by drafting AD first, Lillard second, Beal, Covington...and since it was roto I got DJ and Howard really late. Granted this was a little different than what you described.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2018 at 7:16 PM, thezing1 said:

I don't think he is working on it to become a legit 3 point shooter, just one that needs to be watched/kind of guarded. I would guess the Pistons would try to run sets to open up the lane for Blake to drive. I think Drummond shooting 3's is more about Blake than it is about Drummond, if that makes any sense. 

Putting Drummond out at the 3 point line just seems like a terrible idea, and I'd DND him if it looks like he's taking them. It could easily crater his rebounding value while trading 3s for FG%, and cause him to be overdrafted. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Putting Drummond out at the 3 point line just seems like a terrible idea, and I'd DND him if it looks like he's taking them. It could easily crater his rebounding value while trading 3s for FG%, and cause him to be overdrafted. 

He will probably attempt like 1pg and it will have negligible impact on his game. It’s hype. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

He will probably attempt like 1pg and it will have negligible impact on his game. It’s hype. 

 

And when he does take them people will do this to him

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The amazing thing about last year is that he averaged the second most free throws per game of his career (5.1) and still hit just over 60% of them (3.1), which is a mark about 19% higher than his next best season. If that number keeps creeping up and his assists stay around where they were last year, he’ll be a no doubt top 20 option with Round 1 upside. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.