dorwell

Andre Drummond 2018-2019 Season Outlook

11 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

Is he worth a top 20 pick in a punt FT team? Imagine he has to be if OREB is a category but not sure in standard

I think he is... 

Last year he was (per game value) 9th if u punt assists.

??? My goodness not only is he worth a top 20 pick in Punt FT, he’s worth top 20 if you’re NOT punting FT%.  He’s worth a top 5 slot in punt FT%.  Not that you’ll spend that much to get him.  That’s the whole point of punting FT, you get a top 5 player for your build for a second round pick.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Anyone gunning for him in the 2nd round to pair with AD or KAT?  

Drummond vs Gobert who you got? 

I prefer Drummond.  I like Gobert as a fan but he lacks the statistical diversity to make the next step.  Drummond isn’t your typical FG, Rebound, Block punt big.  Rather he has the potential to contribute positively in every counting stat next season.  16/16 with 3apg, 1.5+ spg/bpg, 1 3pg.  His FG might come down a percent but will still be semi elite and if you’re punting FT you can always find an elite FG anchor later.  Drummond is the real deal and I’m pretty much gunning for him everywhere. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I prefer Drummond.  I like Gobert as a fan but he lacks the statistical diversity to make the next step.  Drummond isn’t your typical FG, Rebound, Block punt big.  Rather he has the potential to contribute positively in every counting stat next season.  16/16 with 3apg, 1.5+ spg/bpg, 1 3pg.  His FG might come down a percent but will still be semi elite and if you’re punting FT you can always find an elite FG anchor later.  Drummond is the real deal and I’m pretty much gunning for him everywhere. 

If you got AD/KAT and managed to get Drummond in the 2nd round, would you commit to a punt assists & FT% build? I know the risks of punting 2 cats, but you would be so dominant in other cats and it would be easier to make up the one category you would be weak in (3pt) than both 3pt and assists. I think its an interesting proposal, was wondering what you thought?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Saucy said:

If you got AD/KAT and managed to get Drummond in the 2nd round, would you commit to a punt assists & FT% build? I know the risks of punting 2 cats, but you would be so dominant in other cats and it would be easier to make up the one category you would be weak in (3pt) than both 3pt and assists. I think its an interesting proposal, was wondering what you thought?

I haven't ran through a filtered list of rankings but my initial thought would be that I wouldn't punt FT.  I would rather just take players who will help bring it back up.  At minimum you're middle of the pack and have a shot against most teams, who will likely have at least one or more players who are crappy FT shooters.  

The reason I say probably no FT punt is that Davis/KAT are not only good FT shooters from the C spot, they are legit FT anchors period.  Also with my 3rd pick it probably wouldn't change much if I were punting FT or not.  It's the same pool of players I'm targeting anyway.   I would still go highest scoring guard available who gets the most steals/3's...I feel like it's not boosting the value of anyone that much until my picks in the mid rounds.  

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Nice.  I know its been mentioned before but with Griffin in town Drummond will be getting no assists (went down from 4 per 100 possessions to 1.5 per 100 possessions after trade).  Still not a huge deal to his overall value.   

30 minutes ago, Saucy said:

I have no problem punting two cats but it’s hardly necessary with AD and Drummond.  Both of them are excellent at steals and are decent at assists out of position so you don’t really have to punt assists. Additionally, they are so absolutely dominant at rebounds and blocks as a pair that you could literally not draft another big man the rest of the draft and still finish above average in rebounds and blocks.  So the beauty of that pairing is that it enables you to push all in on guards and maybe draft someone like DeAndre Jordan or Adams cheaply.  But if it was an auction I would actively target something like Gobert, Drummond, Capela and hopefully get them for around $100 total and absolutely dominant FG, Rebounds, Blocks.  Punt Ft/AST and target Steals and threes the rest of the draft. 

In pts leagues he's a top 10 pick...one of only seven guys to total over 3,000 fantasy points last year in mine. 

HE FU$KING DID IT!!!
Lets give the big man some Love...who cares about preseason (0/11 from deep). Nice form too...I'll settle for 1 triple a game thanks Drumm...

Experts ranked him at 25 in points leagues... drafted him at 16 and he’s probably gonna be top 10... if you’re in a points league and the Drummond owner is clueless get on it and buy this guy 

Cmon guys I know he’s 4/18 which sucks but he’s 10/16 with 5 stocks.  He gets that 4/18 up to 9 and you’re looking at 20/16 with 5 stocks.  He has the flu.  Give him a break.  

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

Cmon guys I know he’s 4/18 which sucks but he’s 10/16 with 5 stocks.  He gets that 4/18 up to 9 and you’re looking at 20/16 with 5 stocks.  He has the flu.  Give him a break.  

I forgot he has a flu haha

Games like these that make me feel better about picking Drummond over Embiid in my points league.

11 minutes ago, Chickenmane said:

lol 3 fouls in 4 min 

I get the feeling he hates playing against Embiid