Sign in to follow this  
l.pizzigoni

New Dynasty League Draft 4th Pick WHIR

I am drafting fourth in my first dynasty league this year with the below set-up:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1TE

1Flex

1SuperFlex

I assume OBJ, Hopkins and Gurley will be gone.  Brown and Bell are getting older so not sure about them.  Im a die hard giants fan so taking zeke would be tough.  Should I consider saquon and Kamara?

Let me know.

Gurley, Bell, Brown will all go in the top 3 in drafts this year. Target Barkley at 4th since you're a Giants fan. You can't pass on you're shiny new toy! 

Gurley

Zeke

DJ

Bell

Kamara

any of those are fine

17 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Gurley

Zeke

DJ

Bell

Kamara

any of those are fine

Agree with this + Barkley.

lil help?

Zeke is an absolute no brainer to me. I wouldn't even take OBJ or Hopkins ahead of him. 

I’d go either DJ or Zeke. I understand not wanting Zeke though. Barkley should be considered too.

Fandom aside I would take Zeke however, fantasy football is ultimately supposed to be about having fun and it won't be fun rooting for your enemy. I don't think the other options are drastically behind him so for the added enjoyment I don't think you are losing much. There is no shortage of strong, young RBs but Kamara outscored almost all of them on limited touches in only his rookie year. Ingram is a FA after this season so Kamara's touches could go up big time and he has a young receiver in Thomas who will help to stretch the defense but with Brees aging its questionable how much longer they'll have the historically great offense that allowed him to put up his numbers. 

I could understand not wanting Zeke on your team but I think its the other extreme to get Barkley. I like to keep my fantasy football and actual football somewhat separate since it leads to more logical and stat based thinking rather than acting on emotion (sometimes the overlap is unavoidable but I don't go out of my way to make it happen). Dude looks great and I'd probably have him right after Kamara so I don't think he'd be a bad pick and in a sense it would be fun but you can enjoy him plenty as just a Giants fan. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, dmb3684 said:

Nuk if he slips.

I agree, young WR's are more valuable in dynasty than in redraft--more years of top performance ahead of them.

I'd still take Zeke or Saquon. You can't let your fandom cost you in fantasy, but those two are fairly close and you won't be losing much going with Barkley.

I agree with Zeke over Barkley but not by much.

But I can see the difficult scenario of watching Giants/Cowboys and hoping Zeke does well but not too well.

Although I guess it would limit the pain in a Giants loss.