• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (Rotisserie) 2018-19: Discussion Thread

For the most part, the dust has pretty much settled now in this free agency storm. I'm itching to do some drafting for the best format, Rotisserie. 

9 cat Roto, standard mock draft.

Draft Order:

Copy and pasted format from previous mock threads:

--------------------------------------

Rules and guidelines:

- Post the current round only. Well slap together and post the entire draft upon completion.

- League settings: 12-Team Roto 9-cat (PTS, REB, AST, 3PM, STL, BLK, FG%, FT%, TO).

- Drafting hours are Monday through Friday, from 8am PST/ 11am EST to 6pm PST/ 9pm EST. You get 3 hours on the clock (OTC) before a pick will be made for you. On weekends, this time frame will be extended to 6 hours. If you are unable to make a pick within your allotted time, an auto-pick will be made for you.

- You are obligated to make picks, if OTC, during drafting hours. Picks may be made outside of this time frame but aren't mandatory. You will be subject to replacement for too many auto-picks.

- If you are going to be OTC soon (e.g. 2-3 picks away) and know you will be away, leave a pick queue (e.g. 3-4 players) or target list with another drafting member who can't snipe you. If you don't know who to leave this list with, post on this thread your need to leave a list.

- After making your pick, you must private message (PM) the next GM, who is now OTC.

- This is a snake draft, so post accordingly and turn dudes pick twice.

The format below should be used for each pick:

Round 1:

1. Player A

Team (forum member):

PG:

SG:

G:

SF:

PF: Player A (1.1)

F:

C:

C:

UT:

UT:

Bench:

Bench:

Bench:

I saw you made one awhile ago from a quick Google search @young_styler , so you probably are able to manage the thread better than I can ( or whoever else that can do it better ). That's if you're up for it.

When we get enough people to participate ( I'm in of course ), may you set the draft order and date @TheOneAboveAll or any mod whose available.

Posted (edited)

Ah yes, this was just being discussed about when to start a forum mock. 

There will be about 7 of us joining that participate every year (myself, Kaboom, COH, Red Dog, tongs, unluckyshot, TOAA) 

We won't be allowing any member with zero- single digit posts to join the mock this year (nothing personal, based on bad experiences in the past) only active participants to keep the flow of the draft going.

A start date has yet to be determined but it will be set up by Kaboom this year. 

Draft Order:

1. Trench Mob 

2. Kaboom 

3. COH

4. Tongs

5. Unluckyshot

6. TOAA

7. Young_Styler

8. Better Call Hinkie

Next in line:

Edited by young_styler
  • Like 1

Stiffle returns to these boards after a long time, so its my duty to  join this mock. Count me in!

• Like 2

When's the 9 cat h2h mock??? I'd like to join that(my unfamiliarity with roto will sit this one out).

1 hour ago, turner46 said:

When's the 9 cat h2h mock??? I'd like to join that(my unfamiliarity with roto will sit this one out).

The H2H mock can start as soon as people want to organize it after the roto mock finishes. Forum rules allow for only one at a time. The roto mock took about a week to complete last year.

• Thanks 1

A couple of things:

I took a look at last year's mock and saw that our first pick was on July 17. There are still a few FA's left on the board as of now, so how about Monday, July 16 as our official start date (the weekend prior can be non-mandatory)? Also, CoH is away on vacation right now and asked if we could start mid-July when he gets back home.

@superjew is in a WhatsApp group with me and some other guys here and he expressed interest through that in participating in the roto mock a while before this thread went up. I haven't heard back from @tongs or @unluckyshot yet, so I think it's fair to replace one of them with him. No offense at all to anyone, but he did ask first.  

• Like 2

One other thing: the draft order is traditionally randomized by non-participant @Pirate and we'll ask him to do so again as soon as the final mock roster is set.

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

One other thing: the draft order is traditionally randomized by non-participant @Pirate and we'll ask him to do so again as soon as the final mock roster is set.

dam i really wanted pick 8. willing to swap positions for the 8th spot!

31 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

Do you want it bc you’re drafting from that spot in one of your leagues?  If so I’ll trade you assuming I get the 8th.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Do you want it bc you’re drafting from that spot in one of your leagues?  If so I’ll trade you assuming I get the 8th.  

Same, if I get 8 as well. I'm sure some of the other guys in the mock are cool with trading their 8th pick to you too. 

Edited by Kaboom
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kenny Mack said:

id join the h2h mock again. tnx

Me and kenny mack for the h2h version!!!

Damn, you guys got this started early this year!  Throw me on the wait list for the Roto mock.  If that is full then I'll do the H2H one.

I am a big fan of rotoworld members mock draft. Waiting for it to start

i would like to put my name in for the H2H mock.  not sure where else to do that sorry for being off topic