Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (Rotisserie) 2018-19: Discussion Thread

Would someone please format Will Barton (bpa) for the MIA guy? 

Also, do we have any volunteers to replace him? If not, we will just auto pick for him until the mock is finished.

Shocking that the one probationary member in the mock would do this. It never fails. :lol:

• Haha 5

Kinda sucks that the player I was going to pick was auto picked.  That’s why it’s so annoying when people auto draft. That and waiting for 4 hours since the last pick.

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, young_styler said:

Ah yes, this was just being discussed about when to start a forum mock. 

There will be about 7 of us joining that participate every year (myself, Kaboom, COH, Red Dog, tongs, unluckyshot, TOAA) 

We won't be allowing any member with zero- single digit posts to join the mock this year (nothing personal, based on bad experiences in the past) only active participants to keep the flow of the draft going.

lol

Back in the office now, I will format the pick.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kaboom said:

lol

Back in the office now, I will format the pick.

If we're replacing him wouldnt it be better ro let the second gm make the pick?

14 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

If we're replacing him wouldnt it be better ro let the second gm make the pick?

Could take a while, if we even find someone. Better to just use the slot as an auto pick at this point instead of waiting imo. 

• Thanks 1

I'll be picking momentarily 

• Like 1

I picked Jarrett Allen.  Don't know who to message as we haven't worked out the replacement situation.  Hopefully someone steps up in the next 3 hours.  I will be away from my computer.

A comment from the perspective of someone following the draft but not participating:

I think the easiest way to follow the draft would be to:

1) have a discussion thread 

2) have a picks only thread (don't worry about formatting rosters and pick history in these posts)

3) have a google spreadsheet that only participants can edit, that has the full pick history and lineups

The reason for 3 is that 2 gets really sloppy and hard to follow IMO.  A spreadsheet with the same information would be cool.

If 3 worked out well, then the thread in 2 might not even be required.

Edited by jay14bay
  • Like 2

Dropping a deuce atm, will format the auto pick when I'm back at my comp

2 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Dropping a deuce atm, will format the auto pick when I'm back at my comp

Image result for dancing feces

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chaiway said:

I'm down to fill in

Was just about to auto-pick, but go for it. Thanks for volunteering.

1 minute ago, Kaboom said:

Was just about to auto-pick, but go for it. Thanks for volunteering.

working on it, will get it in a few minutes

15 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

massive steal bro

I’ve seen him go top 50 in industry mocks but I think most experts are too aggressive with speculative players, particularly Gallagher.  

That said he was top 150 last season even on just 20 MPG with most of that time not even starting.  Even if you assume no improvement from him but extrapolate out to 30 mpg (more reasonable than per 36) he’s still inline for 12/8 with 1.8 bpg.  Even if he doesn’t hit those numbers he can easily hit 10/7 with 1.5 bpg+.  There aren’t many players who get those many blocks and make their free throws so I’d say he’s a lock for top 75 value.  

I think a lot of people in this mock were overvaluing bigs particularly mid to low end bigs who were taken too early.  So I decided to go against the market and take guards until they ran out.  I just hoped my sleeper bigs weren’t taken.  I took the risk and it panned out with Saric and Allen, just cross my fingers they live up to the hype.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’ve seen him go top 50 in industry mocks but I think most experts are too aggressive with speculative players, particularly Gallagher.  

That said he was top 150 last season even on just 20 MPG with most of that time not even starting.  Even if you assume no improvement from him but extrapolate out to 30 mpg (more reasonable than per 36) he’s still inline for 12/8 with 1.8 bpg.  Even if he doesn’t hit those numbers he can easily hit 10/7 with 1.5 bpg+.  There aren’t many players who get those many blocks and make their free throws so I’d say he’s a lock for top 75 value.  

I think a lot of people in this mock were overvaluing bigs particularly mid to low end bigs who were taken too early.  So I decided to go against the market and take guards until they ran out.  I just hoped my sleeper bigs weren’t taken.  I took the risk and it panned out with Saric and Allen, just cross my fingers they live up to the hype.  

i honestly can't stand gallagher but i have to agree with him on allen. not that he should go top 50 but definitely a target in the early latter. good thing u didnt wait another round, my friend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

i honestly can't stand gallagher but i have to agree with him on allen. not that he should go top 50 but definitely a target in the early latter. good thing u didnt wait another round, my friend.

I follow Gallagher because I think he’s mostly right but that his way of drafting is so different from mine that it causes me to question my assumptions.  I never reach as hard as he does but it’s generally not necessary and if you keep his guys in mind you can get some sneaky picks in.  Last year his three main guys were Jamal Murray, Marquis Chris, and Boban.  Boban never really played.  Chris was a miss.  But Jamal Murray was a hit if you held onto him. And Gallagher is right in his underlying assumption which is that if you reach for the upside players even if you only bat 1/3 you can always just replace the misses from the waiver wire and you’re left with some game changing steals.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I follow Gallagher because I think he’s mostly right but that his way of drafting is so different from mine that it causes me to question my assumptions.  I never reach as hard as he does but it’s generally not necessary and if you keep his guys in mind you can get some sneaky picks in.  Last year his three main guys were Jamal Murray, Marquis Chris, and Boban.  Boban never really played.  Chris was a miss.  But Jamal Murray was a hit if you held onto him. And Gallagher is right in his underlying assumption which is that if you reach for the upside players even if you only bat 1/3 you can always just replace the misses from the waiver wire and you’re left with some game changing steals.  

right before murray got it together he told everyone to cut him lol. 

• Like 1

Bit the bullet and took the Zinger. I think he'll be back around January, if he comes back and gets in around 50 games he'll finish as a value from where I drafted him. He played 48 games last year and finished #77 in total value. 

Or he'll just miss the whole season :lol:

• Like 1