• Announcements

    • Patrick Bateman

      Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

      Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
Trench Mob

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (Rotisserie) 2018-19: Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

OK, so @tongs makes 12. The full mock roster (not draft order) is:

 

1. Trench Mob 

2. Kaboom 

3. COH

4. Tongs

5. Superjew

6. TOAA

7. Young_Styler

8. Better Call Hinkie

9. RDNC 

10. Stifle

11. Nemesis

12. Fantasyball1988

 

I'm asking Pirate to run the randomizer now and one of us will post the draft order here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

OK, so @tongs makes 12. The full mock roster (not draft order) is:

 

1. Trench Mob 

2. Kaboom 

3. COH

4. Tongs

5. Superjew

6. TOAA

7. Young_Styler

8. Better Call Hinkie

9. RDNC 

10. Stifle

11. Nemesis

12. Fantasyball1988

 

I'm asking Pirate to run the randomizer now and one of us will post the draft order here. 

 

 

Doin it. Gimme 5

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, jay14bay said:

i would like to put my name in for the H2H mock.  not sure where else to do that sorry for being off topic

No prob man. Any of you guys wanting to participate in the H2H mock can start the official H2H "Discussion" thread at any time. That's where the sign-up list should be posted and should probably begin with all the guys who expressed interest in the H2H mock here in this thread.  You'll then just need to wait for us roto guys to finish (per forum rules) before deciding on a start date. Then start a separate "picks" thread and draft away. :D

 

I highly recommend copying/pasting the rules we have here on page 1 and using them for your H2H mock. They've proven to pretty effective over the years in maintaining a smooth(ish) draft. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BetterCallHinkie, TOAA is literally at Vegas Summer League right now and has probably enjoyed a brewski or 2. This might be a good time to ask him for that 8th spot. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

 toaa want to swap position so i can snipe gobert from @StifleTower2? lol. if not im still happy with how close it is to the spot anyway. 

Although I like him on a personal level I’m skeptical that the Stifle will ever return first  round value due to lack of statistical diversity.  Last year in this same mock I was drafting on the wheel and drafted Stifle and Draymond because it was a free way to test punt points.  I made the playoffs but didn’t get much further.  Not to telegraph my moves but I’m probably going another route this year, doing the same thing would be boring.  The whole point of these mocks is to learn and prepare for money leagues after all 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

i was jk :P @StifleTower2

 

 

I assumed so but still....I’m kinda off team Stife at least as far as being a first round pick.  I think he’s peaked as a second rounder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 3:19 PM, BetterCallHinkie said:

 toaa want to swap position so i can snipe gobert from @StifleTower2? lol. if not im still happy with how close it is to the spot anyway. 

 

I'm fine swapping spots.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, so the final draft order is:

 

1. Kaboom

2. Young_Styler

3. RDNC

4. Trench Mob

5. Superjew

6. TOAA

7. Tongs

8. Better Call Hinkie

9. Nemesis

10. Fantasyball1988

11. Stifle

12. CoH 

 

I'm thinking we can start on a voluntary-only basis as soon as Capela signs somewhere, if there are no objections. Official start date remains Monday, 7/16. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kaboom said:

OK, so the final draft order is:

 

1. Kaboom

2. Young_Styler

3. RDNC

4. Trench Mob

5. Superjew

6. TOAA

7. Tongs

8. Better Call Hinkie

9. Nemesis

10. Fantasyball1988

11. Stifle

12. CoH 

 

I'm thinking we can start on a voluntary-only basis as soon as Capela signs somewhere, if there are no objections. Official start date remains Monday, 7/16. 

Perfect brother! Thanks for getting this going as always. Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's basically the weekend now so it looks like we can get going with the informal beginning of the mock. Please note that the official start remains Monday, July 16 at 8:00am PST/11:00am EST. Picks may be made until then on a voluntary basis only.

 

If you are participating, don't forget to OTC the guy ahead of you. You might also find it helpful to click the "follow" button on the top right of the picks thread for update notifications.

 

As always, please refrain from discussing unpicked players. Non-participant observers are highly encouraged to join the discussion here in this thread.

 

Since I have first pick this year I will be setting up the picks thread in a few mins.

 

Here we go!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

It's basically the weekend now so it looks like we can get going with the informal beginning of the mock. Please note that the official start remains Monday, July 16 at 8:00am PST/11:00am EST. Picks may be made until then on a voluntary basis only.

 

If you are participating, don't forget to OTC the guy ahead of you. You might also find it helpful to click the "follow" button on the top right of the picks thread for update notifications.

 

As always, please refrain from discussing unpicked players. Non-participant observers are highly encouraged to join the discussion here in this thread.

 

Since I have first pick this year I will be setting up the picks thread in a few mins.

 

Here we go!

Pick Trae Young, don't be a pussy

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

It's basically the weekend now so it looks like we can get going with the informal beginning of the mock. Please note that the official start remains Monday, July 16 at 8:00am PST/11:00am EST. Picks may be made until then on a voluntary basis only.

 

If you are participating, don't forget to OTC the guy ahead of you. You might also find it helpful to click the "follow" button on the top right of the picks thread for update notifications.

 

As always, please refrain from discussing unpicked players. Non-participant observers are highly encouraged to join the discussion here in this thread.

 

Since I have first pick this year I will be setting up the picks thread in a few mins.

 

Here we go!

 

After we make the picks, besides pm'ing, tagging the person at the bottom whose next seems like a good idea too.

 

For example:

 

Round 1:

1. Anthony Davis

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

 

Team: Kaboom

PG:

SG:

G:

SF:

PF:

F:

C: Anthony Davis (1.1)

C:

UT:

UT:

Bench:

Bench:

Bench:

 

@young_styler

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have the stomach for the locker room injury scares, AD is a fine pick at the top spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

If you have the stomach for the locker room injury scares, AD is a fine pick at the top spot.

 

hes played in 75 each year for the last two. where have u been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

It's basically the weekend now so it looks like we can get going with the informal beginning of the mock. Please note that the official start remains Monday, July 16 at 8:00am PST/11:00am EST. Picks may be made until then on a voluntary basis only.

 

If you are participating, don't forget to OTC the guy ahead of you. You might also find it helpful to click the "follow" button on the top right of the picks thread for update notifications.

 

As always, please refrain from discussing unpicked players. Non-participant observers are highly encouraged to join the discussion here in this thread.

 

Since I have first pick this year I will be setting up the picks thread in a few mins.

 

Here we go!

 

we should just get it going right now on this grandiose Friday the 13th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

 

hes played in 75 each year for the last two. where have u been?

 

Locker room injury scares. Lol. 

 

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.