ASHLANDARROWS1992

Trading jd martinez

Recommended Posts

Team in sig....have an offer on the table for me

JD MARTINEZ has 9th round keeper value

 

i give..JD MARTINEZ

 

I get...FREEMAN, KIMBREL and CHAPMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's Freeman's keeper status? I'm thinking no unless Freeman can be kept for a decent price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defending champ in high dollar money league and currently in second place, top 4 spots are close

i am at or near top in all offensive cars but can make up ground in saves, era, whip, and k/9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm... I guess where it's roto it could make sense. Where are you in each stat category and how far behind are you from first place? What's your scoring structre? Also how many places pay (is it just 1st, top 3, er...)? Is there a limit on how many players you can keep and what are your other keeper options?

I'm thinking it's probably not a great deal long-term and across all stat categories doesn't make your team much better right now. But it would make you significantly better in saves and get slightly better in ERA, WHIP, K/9. And if these upgrades will end up being worth more than your batting downgrades, and ultimately result in more money in your pocket, then go for it. You can worry about next year when that time comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like i said, at or near the top in all offensive cats, and freeman is a nice compensation for JD...kimbrel and chapman would potentially help me move up in saves, era, whip, and k/9....i am currently in 2nd place overall and 3.5 points out of 1st currently....pays 3 spots, currently 3rd and 4th place are 9.5 and 13 points behind me.

 

1 stick and 1 arm keeper league...hence the hesitance to deal JD who has 9th round keeper value for next year, even though i am playing to repeat as champ this year and am in a great spot to finish in the money for sure

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are okay with just staying in the $, then pass, so you have JD at the 9th rd.

 

I think this deal could help you win. Freeman is a stud & Chapman / Kimbrel, definitely put you up there on SV/K cats. Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the sounds of things you should finish 2nd if you don't do anything. However, I'm still not really sure whether this trade would give you a decent chance at finishing 1st or not. I think you need to project where you'll finish after this trade. You'll likely take a minor hit at HR, RBI, Runs, and AVG, get a minor upgrade at ERA, WHIP, and K/9, and get a major upgrade at saves. What that actually means for you in terms of your standings, I'm not really sure. Because maybe finishing 8th in saves and 2nd in RBI is worth more than finishing 5th in saves and 3rd in RBI. And maybe you're so far ahead/behind in these cats that it won't really matter. So hard for me to say without jumping into the league.

As far as your keepers, I actually feel better about it seeing as you can only keep 1 bat. Who is likely your next best keeper option? Looking at your sig, Trea Turner, Arenado, Baez, and Votto look like your top bats. What are their keeper costs? I'm going to guess that Baez could probably be kept for a good price? So might not be as significant of a keeper loss as it originally seemed (though yes, it still would be significant).

Edited by Idoolittle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you just keep 1 bat and 1 arm I would do it, since it seems like you have another good keeper option in Baez. Flags fly forever...go for it if you think the cats the RP's give you can provide that boost you need to take the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep JDM then see if ya can pry away just Freeman away from his owner in a newer offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Since you just keep 1 bat and 1 arm I would do it, since it seems like you have another good keeper option in Baez. Flags fly forever...go for it if you think the cats the RP's give you can provide that boost you need to take the title.

 

And JD numbers may not be that much better than Freeman’s for the ROS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martinez and Freeman will be pretty close ROS...so you clearly win by adding two top closers...i say go for it...and keep Baez as your 9th rounder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could help unfortunately I hav no experience in keeper leagues and how those draft picks work...but seems like a 9th round value for a first round pick in JD is ridiculous value and should prolly hold onto him cause he jus won’t stop raking and he proved it last year as well...I would try to make a trade involving someone else on ur team to acquire closers if that’s wat ur lacking ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jaysmooth said:

I wish I could help unfortunately I hav no experience in keeper leagues and how those draft picks work...but seems like a 9th round value for a first round pick in JD is ridiculous value and should prolly hold onto him cause he jus won’t stop raking and he proved it last year as well...I would try to make a trade involving someone else on ur team to acquire closers if that’s wat ur lacking ...

 

Have tried and nobody is dealing them..and yes, the holdup is being able to keep JD for the next 2 years at 9th round value..lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I would rather have JDM

Better lineup , better ballpark and ballparks to hit in ALEast . Better lineup somore RBI and runs . You can find saves . Especially with the trade deadline looming . The next in line guys will be the new closers for a few teams or somebody will come out of nowhere like most seasons .

JD a 9th rounder .

Tough choice for you but those are my reasons for not making the deal . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Personally I would rather have JDM

Better lineup , better ballpark and ballparks to hit in ALEast . Better lineup somore RBI and runs . You can find saves . Especially with the trade deadline looming . The next in line guys will be the new closers for a few teams or somebody will come out of nowhere like most seasons .

JD a 9th rounder .

Tough choice for you but those are my reasons for not making the deal . 

 

Understand for sure

 

but I can move up spots in saves, era, whip, and k/9

i know closers don’t give a ton of innings but they will help to a degree in those cats none the less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think I would hold just based off of the keeper value.  I am sure you can make up some RP stats with some smaller deals or just keep an eye out for who takes over closer jobs post trade deadline (a few always open up).

 

please help

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Yeah I think I would hold just based off of the keeper value.  I am sure you can make up some RP stats with some smaller deals or just keep an eye out for who takes over closer jobs post trade deadline (a few always open up).

 

please help

 

 

Got yours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, motown magic said:

Personally I would rather have JDM

Better lineup , better ballpark and ballparks to hit in ALEast . Better lineup somore RBI and runs . You can find saves . Especially with the trade deadline looming . The next in line guys will be the new closers for a few teams or somebody will come out of nowhere like most seasons .

JD a 9th rounder .

Tough choice for you but those are my reasons for not making the deal . 

If I dealt JD, I would keep Javier Baez also at 9th round value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.