Gile Pile

Lonzo Ball 2018-2019 Season Outlook

With LeBron's arrival, low percentage, lack of 3 pointers,  (potentially) bad knee and possibility of tensions with the team  (link below)  he is on my "Do Not Draft" list  if he is with Lakers to start the season. Thoughts?

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/7/4/17534986/lakers-rumors-lonzo-ball-injury-torn-meniscus-surgery 

“I don’t think the Lakers wanted anyone to know, and I think there is a belief around there that that information was put out there from around Ball’s sphere to keep from getting traded, because if teams knew he was having knee surgery they’re not trading for him. I think there was concern there that he might be put in a deal.”

• Like 2

he can fill up the stat sheet, but he is hard to rely on as a primary or even secondary point guard. too inefficient, and LBJ will eat up into his assists numbers which is his main contribution

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

He'll be drafted lower than he should

Where he should be drafted in your opinion?

3 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Where he should be drafted in your opinion?

After Rondo.

He was putting up Draymond-like stats after the rough start until his leg injury. He was the main cog of the Lakers defense too. While he was out, they couldn't buy a win.

His efficient should go up with LeBron's help and he doesn't take enough attempts from the line to hurt you in that area. I will be targeting him heavily. 

• Like 1

KD and Cousins may be snakes but Lavar Ball the biggest snake of them all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The defensive stats should be there but he'll lose out on his main value-add in the assist category due to the presence of Bron and Rondo. Combined with his poor percentages and lack of scoring, idk if I'll be targeting him this year unless he falls in the later rounds. 

well he was the 2nd best rebounder last year behind randle and he still is this year next to James. That 6-7 rebs which is impressive for a pg. I can see some improvement of his fg% north of 40%. Ast numbers..I think bron stays true to his word and will play more off ball and play center and will leave playmaking duties to Ball and Rondo. I think Ball stay around 7-8  Ast anyways since he has better weapons this year to pass it too in Lebron and an improved Ingram and Kuzma. As the guy mentioned his stocks will stay the same so I say think this year he can do some 12pts, 7 rebs, 8ast, 1.2 stl, 0.9blk on 43%fg, 72 ft%, and 2.5 TO

Yeah I aint touching him this year even though he was gold for me last year. Everyone really hated him last year around draft time and I got him around 70, and I think something similar might happen this year and he will fall and end up providing great value for his adp. 

On 9/15/2018 at 3:52 AM, Quazza said:

How do we think Rondo effects him ?

I couldn't care less about Rondo's presence. It's those continuous meniscus hiccups. Otherwise, he'll easily be on my teams.

My opinion on Lonzo ?!

D(o) N(ot) D(raft)

of course :D 

Hate his softness, high TO's and atrocious % !

Poor's Poor's Poor's Poor's Poor's Poor's Man Westbrook... :lol:

Edited by Stefan

MIGHT draft him in the later rounds but still having second thoughts... His percentages will kill my weekly. Not to mention his TOs and health issues. But still, I hope I'm wrong.

He's not gonna shoot enough to bother your FG%. I consider him a virtual must own if you're punting points, but if you're not, you don't want him in the area where he's gonna be drafted. 

I'm excited to see what he, more than anyone else in this upcoming game, does.  He has sneaky potential to be like the 4-5th best player on your team if it's built right.  I just spent like a half an hour reading through last year's thread and that was hilarious, but I feel like this year's will have much less drama because less posters will be hanging their non fantasy but real life basketball fan hopes on him.  But that sidebet was hilarious, was there a resolution to that?

Yeah I really can't find anything positive to say about this outing. Minutes weren't there... Doesn't look like he will be handling the ball even close to as much as last year. Then, on top of all that, he was massively outplayed by Rondo and Hart. I guess the bright side is he only cost me a 75th overall pick if he turns out to be a bust...

Still a hold imo though. We should let this Lakers lineup shake out a bit more before racing to the drop button. Rondo is 31 and hasn't played more than 72 games since 2010. Hart is the one that has me the most worried about Lonzo's value.

Edited by JBizFree

What do we think after last nights performance? Is he worth it to hold on to? Do we expect him to get >20 mins a game the whole season? SGA was dropped on waivers and I am debating dropping Lonzo or Reggie Jackson for him. 

I’m going to give him a few games but last night was not encouraging.

I underestimated how involved Rondo would be.

I think people were greatly underestimating Rondo. He's not what he once was but let's not forget that Rondo has some of the greatest BBIQ and court vision in the history of the game and is a perfect secondary playmaker alongside Bron. Even at this stage in their career Rondo is quite a bit better than Lonzo. Lonzo doesn't bring much of a value-add to this team as it's currently constructed. He can make plays, but Rondo and Bron can do that MUCH better. He can shoot 3s and play defense but Josh Hart and Brandon Ingram can play defense too and they're better scorers. He can grab boards, but again, Bron, Ingram, Kuzma, McGee, even Rondo, can all do that.

He'll provide more next year once Rondo is traded but this may be a lost season for him.

Edited by fabrar

Luke mentioned to Lakers side line reporter Lonzo is on a somewhat limited minutes restriction early on.

Chill yall. If you were smart you probably drafted him after the 85th ~ or so pick. He'll pay off as the year goes off. The Lakers are still fully invested in him either becoming great for them, or going to be fully invested in showcasing him.

Remember Rondo is a 1 year rental, he's not in the Lakers future plans.

Edited by jiiiggz
  • Like 2