Gile Pile

Lonzo Ball 2018-2019 Season Outlook

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I think he gets a lot of unjust hate because of how much he was hyped and because his father is a d bag.  It’s a dark part of human nature that when someone else is doing well people try to shoot him down.  

I actually have a different view point on Lavar, from the point that I never had a "Dad", or any kind of positive male role model in my life,  just abusive  a-holes. I couldn't help but wish I had someone like Lavar in my life to help me navigate things. Maybe he can be a bit much, but I'd rather have that, than "men" who just verbally put down children, and hit you when they feel annoyed.

And yes, it kind of disgusted me to see people going after "Lonzo", when it's the Dad they resented. That' kind of wuss move, go after the dude who's not doing anything, because you know you can't affect the Dad directly, cause he don't give an ish about what you have to say and he's mentally stronger. Pretty much bullying by the whole country.

Dark part of human nature for sure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, paintballing112 said:

WHERE ARE ALL THE HATERS NOW? QUIET AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

The narrative last year was that he was a bust because his dad and that his shot was weird. It doesn't look like that's been the narrative so far this year.

Because after that first minutes-restricted game, he's been the #27 player (9-cat).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

The narrative last year was that he was a bust because his dad and that his shot was weird. It doesn't look like that's been the narrative so far this year.

Because after that first minutes-restricted game, he's been the #27 player (9-cat).

It's just media hype with this guy and people loved to hate him because of his Dad...really it's not his fault. He seems a really smart and well adjusted kid (miracle right?!). He is a + defender, amazing passer that works incredibly well with fast paced offenses because he doesn't need huge usage, and his shot is improving. He is looking like a massive steal in this draft. 0-3 with him off the bench, 2-0 with him as a starter. He is just a WAY better fit with the starters than Rondo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

It's just media hype with this guy and people loved to hate him because of his Dad...really it's not his fault. He seems a really smart and well adjusted kid (miracle right?!). He is a + defender, amazing passer that works incredibly well with fast paced offenses because he doesn't need huge usage, and his shot is improving. He is looking like a massive steal in this draft. 0-3 with him off the bench, 2-0 with him as a starter. He is just a WAY better fit with the starters than Rondo.

His shots looking good to start this season, want him to be more aggressive, triple dub threat.

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

Lol, Rondo was playing great. Was probably LA's second best player during that stretch. The problem was that the bench sucked. Lakers are 2-0 because they played 2 games they should've won. They were 0-3 in a stretch where they played Portland on the road and Houston. I think Lonzo is a slightly better fit with the starters because he's a lot more active defensively and a better shooter than Rondo but it's really not that big of a difference overall.

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Lol, Rondo was playing great. Was probably LA's second best player during that stretch. The problem was that the bench sucked. Lakers are 2-0 because they played 2 games they should've won. They were 0-3 in a stretch where they played Portland on the road and Houston. I think Lonzo is a slightly better fit with the starters because he's a lot more active defensively and a better shooter than Rondo but it's really not that big of a difference overall.

Disagree somewhat, Rondo requires big usage, he is a average defender at best these days and doesn't really shoot unless he is completely open. He fits with the bench otherwise all the bench have is ISO-Lance (something which works about 20% of the time), the young bench needs ball handling when LBJ is off the court and Lonzo is a better fit in an up-tempo starting unit alongside LeBron. Lakers were getting torched for point with Rondo out there

1 minute ago, Jake the snake said:

Lakers were getting torched for point with Rondo out there

Not really, they were giving up over 130 ppg so you might think that the opposing PG totals were high. Considering they played against 2 of the best point guards in the NBA and held them both under 30 in boatraces, their defense was fine.

Again, I'd say Rondo was LA's 2nd best player while he was active, by a slight margin. Lonzo the last couple games? 4th? Very good, as well. They've both been great when they've started and if the Lakers want to win games this year, they should be happy to have both of them. Again, I agree that Lonzo is a little better of a fit with the first unit, but they're playing equally well and the fits are close.

19 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Not really, they were giving up over 130 ppg so you might think that the opposing PG totals were high. Considering they played against 2 of the best point guards in the NBA and held them both under 30 in boatraces, their defense was fine.

Again, I'd say Rondo was LA's 2nd best player while he was active, by a slight margin. Lonzo the last couple games? 4th? Very good, as well. They've both been great when they've started and if the Lakers want to win games this year, they should be happy to have both of them. Again, I agree that Lonzo is a little better of a fit with the first unit, but they're playing equally well and the fits are close.

You own Rondo don't you...and yes I own Lonzo :D

They're names are so similar too - 2 letters different...something fishy here

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

yes but the Lakers need to develop ball. they have no incentive to split their mins. If anything this time share can happen in the playoffs. They got  Rondo for the playoffs not regular season.

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

yes but the Lakers need to develop ball. they have no incentive to split their mins. If anything this time share can happen in the playoffs. They got  Rondo for the playoffs not regular season.

But I don't think lakers can go into the playoff,lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

His shots looking good to start this season, want him to be more aggressive, triple dub threat.

His shot looks different from last year's.

• Thanks 1

Just traded for him today. Excited to see how the season plays out. I was impressed w/ last night’s play. Probably the reason I pulled the trigger to acquire him. 

• Like 1

yaaaaaay

We all hoped it was just a result of Ball coming back from injury and when Rondo got suspended Ball starting would stick.  But in this day and age a coach doing the intelligent thing seems increasingly rare.

• Like 1

With how high pace the Lakers are playing, both Ball and Rondo should maintain value.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 11:58 PM, miasma16 said:

Rondo be like

Image result for voodoo doll gif

? man I hope it was just a bad game and not a sign of things to come. I just traded for him like two days ago. 

• Sad 1