Gile Pile

Lonzo Ball 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Dang it, I was sucked into thinking what he did while Rondo was out was what was in store to come. ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Rondo is killing him.

Not really. I'm watching the game. Ingram and kuzma had a hot start. Lots of guys playing well. He's pushing pace and make the pass that leads to an assits. He just didn't do much, Rondo played less time but got some numbers. I'm not panicking they have to figure it out, cause they know even if this was prime Rondo in the celtics. and bron won't beat the warriors. They need ball to be what we thought him should he and they have the whole season to figure that out.

• Like 1

too many mouths to feed on this team, with that many ball handlers Zo ends up pretty much just playing defense because he isn't an offensive threat 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Is he hurt or just bad?

He’s not hurt.  So I would go with bad.  Actually it remains to be seen whether he’s actively bad but he certainly isn’t great at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Is he hurt or just bad?

He played well when Rondo was out.. Rondo and Lonzo arent working well together.

When Ingram plays he makes the offense more one on one instead of run n gun. The bad thing is Ingram’s trade value is diminishing while Kuzmas and Hart’s is going up. Bron and I would say Zo are at their best when surrounded by shooters. It’s gonna be wishy washy watching these guys until they make a trade.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slime said:

When Ingram plays he makes the offense more one on one instead of run n gun. The bad thing is Ingram’s trade value is diminishing while Kuzmas and Hart’s is going up. Bron and I would say Zo are at their best when surrounded by shooters. It’s gonna be wishy washy watching these guys until they make a trade.

actually this is the main culprit more than rondo. ball is good when kuzma and hart are on the court. he has good chemistry with them. ingram is a bit of a ball stopper. dude needs to know how to play off the ball. 

still the pace is good and I think lakers can have 6-7 fantasy relevant players.

40 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

He played well when Rondo was out.. Rondo and Lonzo arent working well together.

LeBron, Rondo, Ball.  All three need the ball in their hands to be successful.  Only one ball.  It wasn’t difficult to foresee this but try telling that to lakers fans.  Some of them are reasonable...some.  

• Like 1

Laker fans and Ball owners want Lonzo to get majority of the run at PG. I don't like Rondo, but from the LAL games that I have watched including the one today, the Lakers offense looks more fluid with Rondo running the point. He is not an elite shooter, but he seems to always know where everyone is, passing is top notch

Traded for him with the belief he could be my #2 PG behind Kyrie. Not liking what I’m seeing atm. Was hoping those #’s while Rondo was out could be sustainable once he locked down the starting gig. I guess not. #Foolmeonce

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

He’s not hurt.  So I would go with bad.  Actually it remains to be seen whether he’s actively bad but he certainly isn’t great at this point. 

If you didn't watch these games..please don't judge based on box scores.

It's very clearly that Lonzo needs the minutes to produce, and with Rondo out there handling the ball when Bron is off the ball, he's being reduced to a corner spot up shooter - which obviously isn't his strength.

All in all, his game is tailored for fantasy, but the rotation jerks from Luke and Rondo playing excessive minutes over him is killing his value atm.

When the Lakers figure out a stabilized rotation (which they should and hopefully will), Lonzo will be fine.

• Like 1

I still dont know what I think of Lonzo. Is he their full-time PG? or off-ball creator? Sort of how Manu was when he shared the floor with Tony? That can happen, but that shrinks their floor if Rondo is the primary ball handler. The Lakers have wonderful individual talents but it's so hard to piece together 5 that could mesh well.

1 hour ago, jiiiggz said:

If you didn't watch these games..please don't judge based on box scores.

It's very clearly that Lonzo needs the minutes to produce, and with Rondo out there handling the ball when Bron is off the ball, he's being reduced to a corner spot up shooter - which obviously isn't his strength.

All in all, his game is tailored for fantasy, but the rotation jerks from Luke and Rondo playing excessive minutes over him is killing his value atm.

When the Lakers figure out a stabilized rotation (which they should and hopefully will), Lonzo will be fine.

I’ve caught a couple games including tonight’s game and your spot on. I worry this thing won’t get sort out for awhile. I loved how he played in that DENVER game and thought he would be able to maintain that as a starter. I was wrong.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:53 AM, yeetboi123 said:

I traded Jamal Murray and Montrezl Harrell for Lonzo and Cauley-Stein.

Welp, I thought he’d still produce with rondo back. I was wrong. Hopefully he turns it around. At least WCS is doing good lol. 

The LeBron lakers are really trying to figure out who they are.  Lonzo seems uncomfortable trying to find his place on the team, especially when Rondo is active.

I am in an 8 team league and there are a lot of good players still available.  It is going to depend on your league regarding what you try to do with him.

18 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

LeBron, Rondo, Ball.  All three need the ball in their hands to be successful.  Only one ball.  It wasn’t difficult to foresee this but try telling that to lakers fans.  Some of them are reasonable...some.  

I know exactly what you mean. I've got a few Laker fan friends, and none wanted to hear it. Unfortunately for Ball fantasy owners, unless Rondo gets traded, or injured he's not going to have the opportunity to produce at his ADP level.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You guys are so reactionary.

Make a bet. Do you think Lonzo will overtake Rondo or no?

Probably, but it’s an irrevelant question.  The only relevant question is do we think Ball will exceed his ADP?  I have said and do say no.

• Like 2

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

Probably, but it’s an irrevelant question.  The only relevant question is do we think Ball will exceed his ADP?  I have said and do say no.

and I concur with this!  Remember that this is a fantasy forum after all.

• Like 2

Got mins in the 30s. Rondo only played 17. I think they'll play him more either to raise his trade value or to actually develop. If we're lucky he will have lines similar to last year's Ingles