Gile Pile

Lonzo Ball 2018-2019 Season Outlook

When Rondo was suspended, I was impressed with what I saw on the court from Ball. He secured the starting gig as a result of his play. I still remember watching that five (5) steal game on tv. Led me to trade for him. I haven’t seen that player since. I too am losing hope and my expectations continue to lower every time I see his name. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really thought he was going to take advantage of these first Rondo less games but this guy is just shriveling up. 

he just always stand in the corner and watch LBJ do it all

He had a bad rookie season and his follow up is in line, not to mention he’s playing with lebron now...so a lot of pressure is off of him.

hes got a lot of off the court issues to deal with between his crazy dad and that ball in the family nonsense and s--- with his gf. 

Season is still young but he is looking like a bust.

It's November please chill, Lonzo isn't a bust he's a deer in headlights playing with the goat, he'll relax and find his groove sometime soon

• Confused 1

It's against cle but I'll take it.

i watched the game. He could be got 20 but passed up onto two wide open lays ups cause wanted to make pass to a teamate

10 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

It's against cle but I'll take it.

i watched the game. He could be got 20 but passed up onto two wide open lays ups cause wanted to make pass to a teamate

I saw that too. He's too much of a pass-first guy that it makes him look dumb/bust somtimes.

He has the agility and explosiveness to drive aggressively to the hoop. 

That's why a lot of people prioritize motor over skill.

You can have a god-given skill set but without the required motor you can't succeed.

Damn I tried to avoid the lonzo thread because I know there will be so much slander. Lonzo is what...20? 21? At 6’6 with a high I.Q. For basketball I see him becoming better, he’s learning from Lebron , the ultimate facilitator and defensive juggernaut. I’m def gonna put my chips all in on lonzo he just makes the play that most players won’t, that Cleveland game if y’all watched closely he went after a ball that was about to go out of bounds and saved it to kuzma , he makes winning plays time after time that a lot of nba players never do and sometimes those plays decide a championship. The details in his game is methodical and he’ll only get stronger. He’s not a bust because the lakers are winning and he will only get better towards the end of the season. Lonzo led the nation in HS, followed it up with a strong season at UCLA, but got stunted in the NBA with no real veteran leadership.

Rondo and Lebron will take Lonzo to another height, I just love how attentive he is in the game to things most NBA players only do as a repetitive habit, lonzo switches up and adjusts to the game on each and every player while other superstar PGs will pretend to do and Try to double team. Thing with lonzo is when he helps on defense it leads to a steal while other PGs just do the motion. Those details separate him from the rest of the crop, so young and already has that ability. If you watched Kidd play he did it all and had the I.Q. I’m not saying most of the NBA is dumb or lacking of, but most players just do it cause they’re taught to, while lonzo does it when the game is on the line or is needed. Plus he hits clutch 3s , I can’t wait. If it’s not this year next year will be 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, CityBaller8 said:

Damn I tried to avoid the lonzo thread because I know there will be so much slander. Lonzo is what...20? 21? At 6’6 with a high I.Q. For basketball I see him becoming better, he’s learning from Lebron , the ultimate facilitator and defensive juggernaut. I’m def gonna put my chips all in on lonzo he just makes the play that most players won’t, that Cleveland game if y’all watched closely he went after a ball that was about to go out of bounds and saved it to kuzma , he makes winning plays time after time that a lot of nba players never do and sometimes those plays decide a championship. The details in his game is methodical and he’ll only get stronger. He’s not a bust because the lakers are winning and he will only get better towards the end of the season. Lonzo led the nation in HS, followed it up with a strong season at UCLA, but got stunted in the NBA with no real veteran leadership.

Rondo and Lebron will take Lonzo to another height, I just love how attentive he is in the game to things most NBA players only do as a repetitive habit, lonzo switches up and adjusts to the game on each and every player while other superstar PGs will pretend to do and Try to double team. Thing with lonzo is when he helps on defense it leads to a steal while other PGs just do the motion. Those details separate him from the rest of the crop, so young and already has that ability. If you watched Kidd play he did it all and had the I.Q. I’m not saying most of the NBA is dumb or lacking of, but most players just do it cause they’re taught to, while lonzo does it when the game is on the line or is needed. Plus he hits clutch 3s , I can’t wait. If it’s not this year next year will be 🔥🔥🔥🔥

All the physical tools, skills, ability, and even that basketball I.Q. are worthless if he has no confidence in himself, and a beta personality. I've been saying it for a while, and I got nothing against the kid. I hope he proves me wrong, but I see bust written all over Ball.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

When Rondo comes back I think he goes to the bench, the Lakers are just treading water with him at PG, Rondo is much more aggressive, they won't win if Lonzo is the starting PG, 

Die hard Laker fan here. It's getting REALLY hard to roster this dude and it makes me really sad to watch the games too. He just doesn't have it right now and I don't know if he ever will. His confidence is literally 0. He had an open layup with nobody guarding the rim and he passed it backwards to McGee LOL

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, justblazedawg said:

Die hard Laker fan here. It's getting REALLY hard to roster this dude and it makes me really sad to watch the games too. He just doesn't have it right now and I don't know if he ever will. His confidence is literally 0. He had an open layup with nobody guarding the rim and he passed it backwards to McGee LOL

Well he got a steal and picked up his dribble in the process. He should've just pulled a Kobe and thrown it off the glass imo, but in his defense it was a really weird play. 

On 11/22/2018 at 11:34 PM, CityBaller8 said:

Don't know if this is half glass full or half glass empty, maybe it's more like half of what you said has some truth in it but half of it are crap.

considering dropping. Every week I tell myself he will turn it around. The guy is just terrible. How do you play all that minutes but cannot score 10 points!

I dropped him in the one 10 team league I had him in. Don't need the hassle. 

I took a little harder look at some numbers. In the ESPN 2019 player rater Kuzma, Hart, Lonzo and Ingram are rated 3.00 to -0.04, in that order. The highest rated Laker for the season outside of Lebron is JAVALLLLEEEEEE MCGEE at 8.77. Ingram's horrific FT% stands out but even then it's only -1.48. I seem to recall Rondo having decent rating when before he got hurt. It seems like "the Lebron effect" is really killing the development of the young guys, that or they just aren't that good (in fantasy).

Looking at Lonzo, his numbers are odd. He's actually regressed with Rondo out. That's not attributed to more minutes leading to poor efficiency, he's playing a few less minutes without Rondo. He's shooting worse while taking less shots. His assists are the same pre and post Rondo. 

Lonzo for the season is rated 2.19, in the last 15 days without Rondo he is rated 0.09. His lack of stocks is concerning. In 2018 he averaged 2.5. In 2019 he was projected for 3. In 2019 he is averaging 1.2 with an even 1.0 over the last 15 days.

I don't watch many LAL games so if someone has more insight, please share =)

30 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

considering dropping. Every week I tell myself he will turn it around. The guy is just terrible. How do you play all that minutes but cannot score 10 points!

5c013b098a4c5_Kyle-Anderson2.jpg.4deb6a5a290d05c7fe8774d1ec3702fe.jpg

• Haha 3