• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
dogfightgiggle

Boston Scott 2018 Outlook

So Kamara blows up so naturally people want to make bold calls on this guy cause Ingram is on ice for 4 games. ... 

Alvin Kamara is gonna eat, this kid will get scraps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wonderbread said:

Hmm, wasn’t there another Saints rb that was 5’6” and super productive as a pass catching back? That being said, this guy should only be considered in leagues with yuge rosters. 

Yeah back when the rbs were? Not Kamara...  so this guy's gonna carve out a role that hasn't been there in 3 years and they have a versatile player in kamara that can do it all...maybe but I don't see it.... 

Yeah maybe Boston Scott is a stretch - seen crazier things though.

10 hours ago, hard1 said:

Yeah back when the rbs were? Not Kamara...  so this guy's gonna carve out a role that hasn't been there in 3 years and they have a versatile player in kamara that can do it all...maybe but I don't see it.... 

Mark Ingram, Pierre Thomas, and Chris Ivory. Again, I'm not saying draft this guy, I'm just saying NO is notorious for have several productive RB's within the same system. 

Interesting...very interesting. Boston Scott gets the start but it looks like him and Williams basically alternated series somewhat. Anyone watching the game have any insight? Looks like the Ingram role is TBD.

by RotoWire Staff
(2 hrs ago) Williams took 16 carries for 64 yards and a touchdown, with one catch for seven yards on his only target in Thursday's preseason finale against the Rams.

Despite his solid outing to close out the exhibition slate, Williams saw his stock take a tumble when rookie sixth-round pick Boston Scott got the start and then piled up 68 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries. Per ESPN.com's Mike Triplett, Williams and Scott may both have opportunities to fill the void left by Mark Ingram's four-game suspension early in the season. The Saints also figure to increase Alvin Kamara's workload, but they've expressed hesitance about the idea of using him as a true workhorse.

Saints/Rams Highlights Week 4:

Seems like him and Williams' presence should drop kamara and Ingram a notch on your draft boards

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

From reading the local beat guys, both Williams and Scott will make the team and have roles. But Williams gets first crack at the vacated Ingram carries and Scott will likely be either a pace changer/kick returner (unless they upgrade off wire) or a game-day inactive. They might be afraid to lose him if they attempt to sneak him through to practice squad...Vereen will likely be cut and brought back after week 1, as to not guarantee his salary for season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pbjfb said:

Seems like him and Williams' presence should drop kamara and Ingram a notch on your draft boards

thank you. I'm also dropping Aaron Rodgers for Tyler Bray - led the preseason in passing yards - and that totally matters. 

So either Kamara gets a bigger workload (as many suspected DESPITE Payton's statements), or Scott is going to be in for a decent workload for the first four weeks. 

I have no idea which it'll be, but I would bank on Kamara getting a larger workload.

Moot, of course, if the Saints re-sign Williams. 

I like this dude. Hopefully I can acquire his services on the cheap very soon in my dynasty. 

I was just about to post... "Boston George" 

Though I know absolutely nothing about this guy.  I think he has a chance to make it in the coke industry if football fails him.  

On 8/31/2018 at 8:20 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

From reading the local beat guys, both Williams and Scott will make the team and have roles. But Williams gets first crack at the vacated Ingram carries and Scott will likely be either a pace changer/kick returner (unless they upgrade off wire) or a game-day inactive. They might be afraid to lose him if they attempt to sneak him through to practice squad...Vereen will likely be cut and brought back after week 1, as to not guarantee his salary for season.

I thought the same til Williams got cut. Im honestly surprised cause Williams didn’t look to bad in preseason, neither did Scott.

15 hours ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Any relation to Boston George?

I thought he was a cousin of David Boston.  

I like this guy as a deep flex. I drafted him for $1 or $2 I think and will see what wks 1-4 hold. I wouldn't hold my breath on all the talk about Payton not wanting to wear out Kamara, but at the same time, I feel like it's worth the gamble. Reminded me instantly of Darren Sproles too. And he has a line and Drew Brees to work with... I like him as a deep flex for sure.

Edited by nlm

Cut by the Saints, it will be interesting to see if a RB needy team picks him up. 

Just looking at his numbers from his pro-day and they are eye popping. 

40: 4.40 (tied for 2nd compared to RB at combine)

3 cone: 6.66 (better than any RB at the combine)

Vert: 38.5" (tied for 4th compared to RB at combine)

Board: 121" (tied for 11th compared to RB at combine)

Bench: 21 reps (8th best compared to RB at combine)

Those are some elite athletic numbers and when you consider how heralded this past RB class was his numbers are even more impressive. 

His size actually isn't as big of a concern as I originally thought as he is only 5' 6" and 203 pounds. Scott actually looks very solid for his size. For reference Maurice Jones-Drew came into the NFL at just under 5' 7" and 207 pounds.

Id still hold scott in case a team like the niners pick him up.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2018 at 10:36 AM, Panthers8912 said:

Just traded Ingram for this guy. Thanks for the heads up. 

Feeling good about this

• Like 1

I'm a bit surprised he got waived. He looked pretty good in the preseason, I am guessing the Saints just don't want to carry a bunch of RBs but who knows. Would not be surprised if a team like Indy picks him up.