• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Sign in to follow this  
dogfightgiggle

Boston Scott 2018 Outlook

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.herosports.com/amp/college-football/film-room-louisiana-tech-football-boston-scott-ahah

"Scott has a remarkably well-rounded, all-purpose game for his size. Rarely are diminutive college running backs not scheme- or system-dependent and they almost never have the power to be effective on between-the-tackles, goal-line runs."

Who needs Ingram?  Little man can still play the power game while being super elusive and functioning as a very real receiving threat.  Amazing player to fit next to Kanara.  Peyton knows how to use RB talent.  Vangaurd coach.  

I don't know enough about him to be worried yet. We'll see how he looks in preseason but I think his value may be that he pushes Ingram's draft position down even more making Ingram an even bigger steal. 

• Like 1

This guy is your 2018 league winner. He's on everyone of my internet leagues and draft masters leagues. 

You'll all be soon learning what I've always known. 

Prepare to be amazed.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

This guy is your 2018 league winner. He's on everyone of my internet leagues and draft masters leagues. 

Prepare to be amazed.

Related image

• Haha 2

I like Boston a lot this year.  He can take over the Darren Sproles type role in this offense, and probably be a decent FLEX type option in PPR.  For the first 4 games while Ingram is out, I'm sure he'll get some extra work, and NO knows how to employ 2 RBs effectively.  Who knows - this suspension might be the final straw for Sean Peyton, and Ingram might not get his job back.

Posted (edited)

This thread is cute, but you’re delusional if you think this guy matters upon Ingram’s return

Yes, Boston Scott is going to beat out literally 2 of the best RBs in the league for snaps in October. (Yes, Ingram is 1 of the best RBs in the league.) The “Sproles Role”? Maybe if Kamara ends up on IR 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

This thread is cute, but you’re delusional if you think this guy matters upon Ingram’s return

Yes, Boston Scott is going to beat out literally 2 of the best RBs in the league for snaps in October. (Yes, Ingram is 1 of the best RBs in the league.) The “Sproles Role”? Maybe if Kamara ends up on IR 

Ingram and Payton have an abusive relationship.  Motivation tactics I guess, but eventually it's going to fall apart.

Sean Peyton has shown that he can have 3 RBs be productive in his offense.  Ingram, Pierre Thomas, and Sproles were a nice backfield a few years back and all 3 had decent seasons for a few years.  While Ingram is out the first 4 weeks, Boston Scott could be the #2 RB along side Kamara.  And once Ingram is back, as we've said, who knows what happens.  If the NO backfield is productive in the first few weeks, Peyton might take the opportunity to ship Ingram somewhere else - I believe this is also the last year he is under contract in NO.  Even if Ingram comes back, he, Kamara and Scott can all still be productive and get work.  

Even if Ingram comes back and it goes back to the Ingram/Kamara show, and Scott is irrelevant, this is a guy you can take with your last pick, and (possibly) get solid FLEX points at least for 4 weeks to start the year if he becomes the #2

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Ingram and Payton have an abusive relationship.  Motivation tactics I guess, but eventually it's going to fall apart.

yeah ...

https://wwl.radio.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/sean-payton-still-sounds-mark-ingrams-biggest-fan

Its quite obvious no one is changing your mind on this guy, so let’s just be done here. Good luck with Mr. Scott and all your fantasy endevours 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Ingram and Payton have an abusive relationship. 

seems to be a trend with 'bama RBs - Ingram/Payton, Henry/Mularkey ... Major Ogilvie/Bill Walsh

hmmmm

Just now, Panthers8912 said:

Just traded Ingram for this guy. Thanks for the heads up. 

Damn, you've been making some bold moves. First the Zeke trade and now this.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Prepare to be amazed.

Kamara absolutely destroyed pre-season last year!

Let's see what the kid can do in NFL pads....

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

yeah ...

https://wwl.radio.com/blogs/seth-dunlap/sean-payton-still-sounds-mark-ingrams-biggest-fan

Its quite obvious no one is changing your mind on this guy, so let’s just be done here. Good luck with Mr. Scott and all your fantasy endevours 

I don't know, I change my mind all the time.  You gotta dig up sleepers somewhere.

I was just joking about this guy earlier FYI. I've never heard of him, nor will I bother looking into him deeper. 

I will not be drafting Boston Scott or Houston Mitchell or anyone else. 

Good luck to those of you that do though. I will defend you when you say something along the lines of you were into him first assuming he ever materializes into anything of fantasy relevance. 

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2018 at 9:51 AM, dogfightgiggle said:

1) Peyton does not like Ingram, despite any neutral publicity Peyton upchucks. This will be Ingram’s last season as a Saint. He will not see the same usage we saw in 2017.

2) Despite what I just said, Boston Scott ranks somewhere between “nuisance” and “useless” on the fantasy spectrum. (Nuisless?)

• Like 1

I have not heard anything much on him since being drafted and we probably wont until the preseason. That said, barring injury I have a real hard time thinking he will have much fantasy relevance behind Ingram and Kamara outside of an injury or unless he lights it up weeks 1-4. Ingram is not going to show up out of shape and looking slow after the suspension, the dude is and has always been a hard worker. I expect the Ingram and Kamara show to continue status quo after week 4 as of right now.

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2018 at 6:10 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I was just joking about this guy earlier FYI. I've never heard of him, nor will I bother looking into him deeper. 

Good luck to those of you that do though. I will defend you when you say something along the lines of you were into him first assuming he ever materializes into anything of fantasy relevance. 

What about Poughkeepsie Pete ???

Edited by howlin' 2

On 7/5/2018 at 1:22 PM, dogfightgiggle said:

4 hours ago, metalmat said:

I have not heard anything much on him since being drafted and we probably wont until the preseason. That said, barring injury I have a real hard time thinking he will have much fantasy relevance behind Ingram and Kamara outside of an injury or unless he lights it up weeks 1-4. Ingram is not going to show up out of shape and looking slow after the suspension, the dude is and has always been a hard worker. I expect the Ingram and Kamara show to continue status quo after week 4 as of right now.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:10 PM, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

s--- is Houston Mitchell on this team too? That guy was a baller

• Haha 1

Did kamara go somewhere? Dude was a beast now 4 foot 6 Boston Scott gonna come in here and steal 2 looks a game and ball out?

1 hour ago, hard1 said:

Did kamara go somewhere? Dude was a beast now 4 foot 6 Boston Scott gonna come in here and steal 2 looks a game and ball out?

Hmm, wasn’t there another Saints rb that was 5’6” and super productive as a pass catching back? That being said, this guy should only be considered in leagues with yuge rosters.