• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Stefan

Harry Giles 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Posted (edited)

NO. 1 favorite sleeper this season ?

Looking kinda good so far in Summer League...

Edited by Stefan

Huuuh, no love for Big Ticket HG... ? ?

His energy has looked really good, something the Kings lack especially on defense.

He has also looked pretty rusty, which is understandable.  I think he needs to slow down a little bit.

That said, he was the best player for the Kings yesterday and was making some nice passes out of the block.  I would take a late round flier but I won't try to predict his stats.

• Like 1

I am not getting too hyped on his summer league games. WCS is getting the minutes at the 5. Koufus is still going to get a handful of minutes. ZBo and Bagley are getting the minutes at the 4. I just don't see a path to significant minutes at the NBA level this season. If the Kings make a trade of one of these expiring contracts to free up some minutes at the 4/5 then I will probably put Giles on a late round flyer list if the league has bench spots. 

WCS was up and down all last season. He had the perfect opportunity and squandered it. Don't just assume that because he's the "established" vet that he wins by default. Giles has talent and fire. The Kings have hyped the s--- out of him. I have far more confidence in him than WCS. WCS seems destined for a bench role to me. He missed his big chance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Also consider that before last season WCS didn't fair well with competition for minutes. He sort of gave up and settled into whining about it. Giles looks like he's got that fire, he's going to push WCS. Anyone besides Bagley is not going to get prioritized over Giles. The Kings are going nowhere this season.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

WCS was up and down all last season. He had the perfect opportunity and squandered it. Don't just assume that because he's the "established" vet that he wins by default. Giles has talent and fire. The Kings have hyped the s--- out of him. I have far more confidence in him than WCS. WCS seems destined for a bench role to me. He missed his big chance.

WCS just doesn't get it. He absolutely refuses to accept the type of role his skillset is best suited for and is obsessed with trying to be something he isn't. He wants to be some offensive superstar big like KAT or Porzingis(he compared his game to them last season) when that simply isn't the player he is. He should be a beast defensively but there is just no desire on that end of the floor by him because he's so focused on trying to score points.

Giles already looks far more active on the defensive end of the floor. He's also got more natural skill on the offensive end. I'm with you, I don't think it's long until Giles starts playing over him. He might be a better option than WCS already. The only caution here is that Giles' passion probably needs to be reigned in a bit. He's been flying all over the place on defense so far in SL but he's been racking up a lot of fouls in the process. Could be a thing where, in his rookie season, he may struggle with foul trouble which will limit his minutes. Minutes may be limited anyway too considering it's his first full season after rehabbing all those knee injuries, though nobody in the Kings org has yet to say whether that'll be the case with Giles this season

• Like 4

Good point about the fouls. That may lead to a sprinkling of duds.

I'm hoping he's not on a minutes restriction. I mean he's essentially had two years of rehab.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:09 PM, Spyplane said:

On 7/8/2018 at 4:11 PM, Spyplane said:

Also consider that before last season WCS didn't fair well with competition for minutes. He sort of gave up and settled into whining about it. Giles looks like he's got that fire, he's going to push WCS. Anyone besides Bagley is not going to get prioritized over Giles. The Kings are going nowhere this season.

I totally agree. Harry G is such a bright young talent.

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2018 at 4:45 AM, thezing1 said:

I am not getting too hyped on his summer league games. WCS is getting the minutes at the 5. Koufus is still going to get a handful of minutes. ZBo and Bagley are getting the minutes at the 4. I just don't see a path to significant minutes at the NBA level this season. If the Kings make a trade of one of these expiring contracts to free up some minutes at the 4/5 then I will probably put Giles on a late round flyer list if the league has bench spots. 

WCS had his chance(s) and didn't show up... Maybe he just lacks quality.

Kosta's gonna get a few minute(s)... a game. You'r right about that...

Z-Bo's d o n e... Veteran on an expiring contract... Trade will happen at some stage during the season.

Skal hmm... I don't know what to think of Skal... he may not be what Kings thought he would become... They already tried to get a 2nd rounder for him. AND COULDN'T...

Soooo IMO Harry G has a good chance of making an impact this season... He had a whole year to prepare mentally and physically, aaand I think fruits of his labor can be seen in Summer League...

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Stefan said:

WCS had his chance(s) and didn't show up... Maybe he just lacks quality.

Kosta's gonna get a few minute(s)... a game. You'r right about that...

Z-Bo's d o n e... Veteran on an expiring contract... Trade will happen at some stage during the season.

Skal hmm... I don't know what to think of Skal... he may not be what Kings thought he would become... They already tried to get a 2nd rounder for him. AND COULDN'T...

Soooo IMO Harry G has a good chance of making an impact this season... He had a whole year to prepare mentally and physically, aaand I think fruits of his labor can be seen in Summer League...

WCS made a pretty significant leap last year and showed flashes. He may have underperformed the expectations of the fantasy community, but that doesn't mean his development has stalled out. 

I agree ZBo is done. But, until this team refuses to play him minutes is he really done? 

I think Giles has an intriguing game, but his path to minutes is really cloudy. You are going to need an injury to open up significant minutes. And then he needs to be able to play them. Giles is a fine late round flyer, but there isn't anything I can see at this point that makes me super excited about him. That can change if the Kings actually adjust their rotation in the preseason, obviously. But, this is the Kings. The ones that hype Buddy as the second coming, then go out and sign LaVine to a massive offer sheet. This Kings team is hopeless under this management. 

• Like 1

How many teammates, coaches and local personalities are hyping WCS this offseason? Meanwhile Giles is off the charts and now he's validating that in summer league. Sure though, live in last year. Last year isn't winning you anything this year though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thezing1 said:

WCS made a pretty significant leap last year and showed flashes. He may have underperformed the expectations of the fantasy community, but that doesn't mean his development has stalled out. 

I agree ZBo is done. But, until this team refuses to play him minutes is he really done? 

I think Giles has an intriguing game, but his path to minutes is really cloudy. You are going to need an injury to open up significant minutes. And then he needs to be able to play them. Giles is a fine late round flyer, but there isn't anything I can see at this point that makes me super excited about him. That can change if the Kings actually adjust their rotation in the preseason, obviously. But, this is the Kings. The ones that hype Buddy as the second coming, then go out and sign LaVine to a massive offer sheet. This Kings team is hopeless under this management. 

Yes... I generally agree with u...
UUUUGGGGHHh DEAR GOD... They refused to draft Doncic because they didn't what two ball dominant players on the court...

I quote: "We didn't want the ball out of De'aaron's hands"... AND THEN they offer 80 millions to LaVine... scary stuff man I tell you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2018 at 11:26 AM, Spyplane said:

How many teammates, coaches and local personalities are hyping WCS this offseason? Meanwhile Giles is off the charts and now he's validating that in summer league. Sure though, live in last year. Last year isn't winning you anything this year though.

So you are legit comparing WCS vs. NBA talent to Giles vs. Summer League? And implying I am living in the past because I am not paying attention to summer league? Where 90% of the roster won't play significant minutes in the NBA? 

I'm doing a lot more than that. Go on and take WCS. Have fun with that this year. Good luck.

Harry Garnett (hehe) has played great in summer league but it hasn't always translated to stats.  He is gonna be a huge energy boost for this Kings team defensively and may be better in real life this season than in fantasy.

I think it's possible he is currently the best big man on the team (including Bagley, WCS, Koufos, Skal and Zbo). My biggest concern for the upcoming season is that he will be on limited minutes.  The way the roster is currently (a cluster-fck), I estimate him getting ~22 mpg which makes it very hard to make a lot of noise. But then again predicting Joreger's minutes distribution is a fool's errand.

• Like 2

On 2018-07-10 at 12:53 PM, Stefan said:

Yes... I generally agree with u...
UUUUGGGGHHh DEAR GOD... They refused to draft Doncic because they didn't what two ball dominant players on the court...

I quote: "We didn't want the ball out of De'aaron's hands"... AND THEN they offer 80 millions to LaVine... scary stuff man I tell you...

Offering 80 mil to LaVine knowing that Bull's will match seems loke smart thing to do. Doncic vs Bagley, let's wait for them to play at least 10 min in real NBA before we start comparing them.  Btw, I strongly believe that you should always draft best player regardless of roster vfit

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Offering 80 mil to LaVine knowing that Bull's will match seems loke smart thing to do. Doncic vs Bagley, let's wait for them to play at least 10 min in real NBA before we start comparing them.  Btw, I strongly believe that you should always draft best player regardless of roster vfit

Maaaan beleve me... Doncic is OUt OF THIS WORLD... I've been watching him for years here in Europe and I've not even seen him playing badly... 

He's the real deal... I don't care how much Bagley could be good one day...

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2018 at 9:16 AM, Spyplane said:

I'm doing a lot more than that. Go on and take WCS. Have fun with that this year. Good luck.

So now you assume I am on WCS or have been on WCS?  I have no idea the leaps you are taking here. Below is exactly the point I am making. I'm not hyping WCS. I'm not bashing Giles. I am saying it is crowded af. But elaborate on the "I'm doing a lot more than that"

On 7/13/2018 at 9:56 AM, jay14bay said:

Harry Garnett (hehe) has played great in summer league but it hasn't always translated to stats.  He is gonna be a huge energy boost for this Kings team defensively and may be better in real life this season than in fantasy.

I think it's possible he is currently the best big man on the team (including Bagley, WCS, Koufos, Skal and Zbo). My biggest concern for the upcoming season is that he will be on limited minutes.  The way the roster is currently (a cluster-fck), I estimate him getting ~22 mpg which makes it very hard to make a lot of noise. But then again predicting Joreger's minutes distribution is a fool's errand.

Posted (edited)

I'm taking him in my Dynasty free agent auction coming up soon. He playing far too good to sit. He's probably performed better than anyone else on the team through summer league and now preseason.

Edited by Spyplane

Don't do this to yourself guys... It's the Kings we are talking about. Half of the roster are PF and Cs! Even if Giles balls out Joeger will still limits him to about 20 mins a game because he has to give Zach 15 mns for vet leadership, Bjelica 8 mins for spacing, Skal Labissier 15 mins for having as much potential as Giles, WCS 20 mins for being the best defender, Marvin Bagley 15 mins for being the 2nd pick, and Koufos 5 mins for being European. 

Just wait until 3 months into the season when Vivek Randadive finally conceded that Kings won't make the playoffs this year and order Joerger to play the kids. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Should be owned in dynasty leagues for sure.  Deep leagues too.

• Like 1

harry giles is balling out, but SAC has a lot of young bigs with WCS, bagley, Skal too

• Like 1