• Announcements

    • Patrick Bateman

      Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

      Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Stefan

Harry Giles 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

They won't be able to keep him off the floor if he's playing like that. They're opting to play the young guys in hopes of developing someone like Harry Giles.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, calebcjy said:

harry giles is balling out, but SAC has a lot of young bigs with WCS, bagley, Skal too

Skal doesn't seem to be in the rotation. Looks like WCS+Bjelly followed by Giles+MBIII. We're yet to see Zbo and Kosta though. I wonder if they push Bjelly to the 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can't see them giving him big minutes his first year after multiple years of knee problems. 

 

also, who is this guys comp? I just don't see it in the highlights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

i can't see them giving him big minutes his first year after multiple years of knee problems. 

 

also, who is this guys comp? I just don't see it in the highlights. 

 

Well 

after all his nickname is Big Ticket HG 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was considered a top 5 player coming into and out of college if not for the injuries, if they fixed him and he stays not broke, he could be a top 50 player. This is exactly the type of last rounds flyer I’m into.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chase Money said:

Going to be ROY although not really a rookie.

ROY must be Ayton or Doncic,no-brainer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kane said:

ROY must be Ayton or Doncic,no-brainer

Very likely and HG is on a crowded kings frontcourt. It's been beaten to death but Luka + Giles would have been amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a good game (despite the -20 min played), what do you think of his prospects? Will he play around 20-25 mins down the road? Worth dropping similar unproven bigs such as M. Robinson or Poeltl??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FreddieBiccs said:

After a good game (despite the -20 min played), what do you think of his prospects? Will he play around 20-25 mins down the road? Worth dropping similar unproven bigs such as M. Robinson or Poeltl??

 

I don't know if you can say that Poeltl is unproven though. Dude was a key piece of the Raptors' 2nd unit last year. There were times through the season and even the playoffs where the bench outplayed the starters, and while Jak wasn't a huge scorer or rebounder, he does the right things and makes smart plays. He's a very servicable bigman who blocks shots, shoots efficiently, and knows his role. With Pau Gasol getting older, there's a good chance of him getting more playing time as the season continues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

 

I don't know if you can say that Poeltl is unproven though. Dude was a key piece of the Raptors' 2nd unit last year. There were times through the season and even the playoffs where the bench outplayed the starters, and while Jak wasn't a huge scorer or rebounder, he does the right things and makes smart plays. He's a very servicable bigman who blocks shots, shoots efficiently, and knows his role. With Pau Gasol getting older, there's a good chance of him getting more playing time as the season continues.

 

I agree, he has more experience than the other two for sure. 

 

What about Harry Giles? Would you consider him in a league with not many Cs available? Minutes seem tricky in such crowded frontcourt, dont they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FreddieBiccs said:

 

I agree, he has more experience than the other two for sure. 

 

What about Harry Giles? Would you consider him in a league with not many Cs available? Minutes seem tricky in such crowded frontcourt, dont they?

 

I've got Harry Giles in a 12-team h2h league, but this league has a mandatory rookie rule where we have to always have a rookie rostered, and he so happened to be the one I targeted late. I had the choice between him and Mitchell Robinson, but I think his skillset is more diverse and early in the season he still will have more chances to play meaningful minutes. The fact that he has been in the league for a year already is a key piece here, and he has had the opportunity to be with the Kings while rehabbing. The Kings are a dreadful team though, and they have way too many people playing the 4/5 so I'm honestly not sure if he'll get consistent 25+ minutes. They jerked around Willie Cauley Stein's minutes last year too, and now they've got two rookies they need to fit in as well. So while I have Giles, he's one of the guys I don't hesitate to bench when I have too many games played on the schedule.

 

Are there no other bigs in the league you're in? I'm higher on a guy like Zack Collins who can shoot 3's, block shots and has an opportunity at good minutes if Nurkic is in foul trouble, especially since Portland didn't re-sign Ed Davis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

 

I've got Harry Giles in a 12-team h2h league, but this league has a mandatory rookie rule where we have to always have a rookie rostered, and he so happened to be the one I targeted late. I had the choice between him and Mitchell Robinson, but I think his skillset is more diverse and early in the season he still will have more chances to play meaningful minutes. The fact that he has been in the league for a year already is a key piece here, and he has had the opportunity to be with the Kings while rehabbing. The Kings are a dreadful team though, and they have way too many people playing the 4/5 so I'm honestly not sure if he'll get consistent 25+ minutes. They jerked around Willie Cauley Stein's minutes last year too, and now they've got two rookies they need to fit in as well. So while I have Giles, he's one of the guys I don't hesitate to bench when I have too many games played on the schedule.

 

Are there no other bigs in the league you're in? I'm higher on a guy like Zack Collins who can shoot 3's, block shots and has an opportunity at good minutes if Nurkic is in foul trouble, especially since Portland didn't re-sign Ed Davis.

 

Bigs were heavily demanded in this league, Zach Collins was already picked. PF/C FAs: Bjelica, Powell, Markieff, Olynyk, Lyles, Noel, Zeller, Looney and they just dropped Knox, but he is injured. I could also just pick an FA which plays another position but bigs will be too few (total of 3)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a harry Giles siting tonight. What do we make of this?

Edited by DoctorLove
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showing flashes of his upside in 19 minutes of what I assume was mostly garbage time today: 10-8-6--4-2

Giles should be a good fantasy player next season if/when the opportunity for minutes presents itself (maybe even this season if/when the Kings start tanking).

Edited by flat_eric
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Showing flashes of his upside in 19 minutes of what I assume was mostly garbage time today: 10-8-6--4-2

Giles should be a good fantasy player next season if/when the opportunity for minutes presents itself (maybe even this season if/when the Kings start tanking).

 

Actually most of his defensive stats came during a crucial run in the 3rd as they were clawing their way back into the game. Played incredible defense on Utah for a good stretch and it's clear the guy has the upside to be an animal as he develops. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fantasm said:

any chance he consistently gets minutes?

The Kings are surprisingly competitive right now. I don't see them going full blown youth movement until that changes to the point where they have to accept that they aren't going to compete for the playoffs. Then, Bagley is going to get the minutes and top priority. I think the WCS situation needs to play out as well before Giles gets legit minutes. Not sure if the Kings are able to cut bait on WCS. They don't strike me as the decisive type. Then you have to factor how many minutes Giles can actually handle physically day in day out. That seems to me to be the backburner/deal with it when we get to it question. But the true break out for Giles won't happen until he gets 28+ minutes and the only way I see that is WCS not being a part of the equation. So the Kings need to lose a lot, cut bait on WCS, cut bait on Nemanja to an extent, and keep Giles healthy....that is a lot of substantial things and I only have confidence in the Kings losing games. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thezing1 said:

The Kings are surprisingly competitive right now. I don't see them going full blown youth movement until that changes to the point where they have to accept that they aren't going to compete for the playoffs. Then, Bagley is going to get the minutes and top priority. I think the WCS situation needs to play out as well before Giles gets legit minutes. Not sure if the Kings are able to cut bait on WCS. They don't strike me as the decisive type. Then you have to factor how many minutes Giles can actually handle physically day in day out. That seems to me to be the backburner/deal with it when we get to it question. But the true break out for Giles won't happen until he gets 28+ minutes and the only way I see that is WCS not being a part of the equation. So the Kings need to lose a lot, cut bait on WCS, cut bait on Nemanja to an extent, and keep Giles healthy....that is a lot of substantial things and I only have confidence in the Kings losing games. 

It's been an amazing story how successful they've been early in the season....

However, they are tied for 8th w/ the SAS and being chased by Hou, Uta, NO, etc.

The west is so strong that even finishing outside the bottom 3 is an achievement. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chaiway said:

It's been an amazing story how successful they've been early in the season....

However, they are tied for 8th w/ the SAS and being chased by Hou, Uta, NO, etc.

The west is so strong that even finishing outside the bottom 3 is an achievement. 

Oh, no doubt. I don't expect them to sustain this. But it will take time for them to be relieved from their playoff dreams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now