Stefan

Harry Giles 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 minute ago, Rproflmao said:

I prefer bagley over him since he’s had games like this only to get shut down for some reason, I’d love to see this maybe 1 more game but if WCS gets moved then i would assume he’s freed 

Yeah. Bagley is due to return soon and it could take Giles out of the rotation. Then, there's the Kanter rumors.

17 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Yeah. Bagley is due to return soon and it could take Giles out of the rotation. Then, there's the Kanter rumors.

If I had to make a bet, a 3rd team is involved and if that happens Giles might have a shot at coming off the bench, they might actually be testing it now if he’s nba ready hence the slowly increasing minutes and usage... he used to be a garbage time player but now he’s actually getting run with the 2nd unit... something to keep in mind as this situation develops...

As Rotoworld states, Koufos has been a DNP-CD 2 out of the last 4. WCS averages 28.5 minutes per game. Bagley was around 27mpg before he hit the shelf. I think he could get near to 20mpg with his added versatility over Koufos. Just gotta wait for him to start shooting 3's.

It's probably due to his fouling problems, but I do wonder if they will try to give him a minutes restriction with how they have handled him so far. 

1 hour ago, Rproflmao said:

If I had to make a bet, a 3rd team is involved and if that happens Giles might have a shot at coming off the bench, they might actually be testing it now if he’s nba ready hence the slowly increasing minutes and usage... he used to be a garbage time player but now he’s actually getting run with the 2nd unit... something to keep in mind as this situation develops...

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure WCS gets moved if they get Kanter, they're not gonna sit him like they've been sitting Randolph and they still want to give Bagley big minutes. Not sure Giles would have enough value as the 3rd center and possibly backup PF.

Yeh could be a bit of a premature add but don't want to miss out if/when any trades happen.  SAC fntsy playoff schedule is 4-4-4 GOLD and in that uptempo offense a player with his stats upside could feast.  Grabbed him in half my leagues but ready to drop for hot free agent pickup

What to make of this? Just dropped him last week but from looking at the box score it seems like he went off in a blowout against a crap team. Think he's a ROS lock for minutes again? I hate playing the add/drop/add game with too many guys, I see other managers hold themselves hostage doing that. Then again, hard to know when the right time to capitalize on this guy is going to be. His team is winning and he's found a way into the rotation in a good amount of games over the past three weeks, but can disappear at any moment.

Remaining Kings schedule is interesting. Next 10 games will decide if they still have chance for playoffs or not. If they do, I am not too optimistic for Giles  ROS outlook.

It will probably be around 20 min per game, as Kings will be playing  starters a lot.

If they are out of playoff picture, he is borderline must add in all formats.  I am not adding yet, but I am keeping my eyes open

Who's minutes would he take ? Bjelica's ?

7 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Remaining Kings schedule is interesting. Next 10 games will decide if they still have chance for playoffs or not. If they do, I am not too optimistic for Giles  ROS outlook.

It will probably be around 20 min per game, as Kings will be playing  starters a lot.

If they are out of playoff picture, he is borderline must add in all formats.  I am not adding yet, but I am keeping my eyes open

i think they will be in the playoff race until the very end.....so no Giles Breakout this year.. I also have the feeling they will be active at the deadline (and not in Giles favor)

I’m holding thru the deadline at least... if they make no trades I’ll reasses then. 

4 hours ago, dfstout said:

Kings listening to WCS trade offers... Time to scoop Giles?

If he’s still available, I would. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, B.Winslow said:

If he’s still available, I would. 

hoping I can get him after tonight when Faried has played. Really need the production tonight because of all those injuries/"injuries"

Tough to guage with the kid.  Did almost nothing at Duke as a Freshman. Drafted in the first round in 2017 draft, but didn’t play at all?  Maybe I missed something - was he hurt all year?  Summer league monster, but lots of irrelevant guys are as well.  Per 36 sure looks good at 18/9/3/1/1 with good fg%, but no 3s and tankworthy ft%. Dunno about must add prior to the deadline, but definitely worth a pickup if youve got some dead weight to deop until we see what happens.

4 hours ago, dfstout said:

Kings listening to WCS trade offers... Time to scoop Giles?

Just to be clear, this is in a situation where Marvin Bagley is owned already, right? Surely, Bagley the one that starts and benefits most if WCS is traded. 

1 minute ago, negrotiator said:

Just to be clear, this is in a situation where Marvin Bagley is owned already, right? Surely, Bagley the one that starts and benefits most if WCS is traded. 

I would imagine so, unless bjelica moves to a bench role

10 minutes ago, PeteM said:

Tough to guage with the kid.  Did almost nothing at Duke as a Freshman. Drafted in the first round in 2017 draft, but didn’t play at all?  Maybe I missed something - was he hurt all year?  Summer league monster, but lots of irrelevant guys are as well.  Per 36 sure looks good at 18/9/3/1/1 with good fg%, but no 3s and tankworthy ft%. Dunno about must add prior to the deadline, but definitely worth a pickup if youve got some dead weight to deop until we see what happens.

He was a high school phenom (at one point the #1 recruit in the nation) but had a horrific left knee injury his sophomore year in high school (both mcl and acl).  Then when he was a high school senior he tore his right ACL.  So his freshman year at Duke and last season were essentially red shirt years so he could rehab.  This is essentially the first full season he's had since his junior year in high school (which in itself was compromised due to his injury as a high school sophomore).  So he is working his way back slowly but the world is gradually seeing glimpses of the monster talent and upside he possesses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

He was a high school phenom (at one point the #1 recruit in the nation) but had a horrific left knee injury his sophomore year in high school (both mcl and acl).  Then when he was a high school senior he tore his right ACL.  So his freshman year at Duke and last season were essentially red shirt years so he could rehab.  This is essentially the first full season he's had since his junior year in high school (which in itself was compromised due to his injury as a high school sophomore).  So he is working his way back slowly but the world is gradually seeing glimpses of the monster talent and upside he possesses.

Ahhhh, very helpful.  Hope he can stay healthy!

1 hour ago, negrotiator said:

Yes prob deeper benched 12 teamers plus

This kid has so much potential at only 20 years old I believe. Has had comparisons to KG and he can really pass the rock. Still makes rookie mistakes. If he keeps working hard and prevents injuries, he can be a force to be reckon with.

Edited by Cpxaztec

What's everyones thoughts on Giles now that the dust has settled?  Obviously getting Barnes hurts, but traded away a lot of other pieces.... Minutes projection?

7 minutes ago, TheChamp said:

What's everyones thoughts on Giles now that the dust has settled?  Obviously getting Barnes hurts, but traded away a lot of other pieces.... Minutes projection?

Barnes and Giles play different positions and WCS is still there.

Well from what I heard, Sac plans to play Barnes a lot at the 4, which could impact how many minutes Forward minutes Giles gets, but trading Skal could also open up some minutes, just wondering if he's worth the flier... Think if they weren't in contention for a playoff spot it would be a no brainier, but as of now, feel like it's a coin flip.

It's a shame they didn't get rid of WCS - that would have been the key to unlocking some of Giles' fantasy potential this year.