cdd10

De'Aaron Fox 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Expectations for 2018-19? Hoping this Achilles is nothing. 

Edited by cdd10

it's summer league so players get rested for different reasons esp non-rookies. but at the same time, it is summer league so proceed or watch with caution.

Ingram last year played in only 1 summer league game then got shut down rest of the way due to soreness. he was so impressive in that game, that the hype was on. well he sucked last year, no major improvement in his game.

so with fox, i think the injury shouldn't be a big deal, if it was, he should not have suited up in the first game to begin with. He was also impressive like a man among boys in that game like Ingram was last year. So who knows what it will mean for Fox. I like his outlook though, he is good in steals, decent in assists. if he can finish better at the rim (I think 3s will come later in his career not yet now), he will be a great guy to draft rounds 7-9 when all the bigger named PGs are gone. I would definitely pick him ahead of someone like Lonzo Ball.

• Like 2

He won't be playing SL in Vegas so that 1 game a few days ago was all you'll see of him until preseason. It all starts with his shot. If his perimeter shooting improves this season, then that'll open up the rest of his game to another level. One thing is for sure, he definitely added more muscle to his frame this offseason. That should help him finish through contact at the rim better than he did last season

• Like 2

I posted this in another thread but I will place it here too. I would not be surprised if he gets 15 pts, 4 reb, 6 ast, 1.5 stl this year, largely due to increased PT. As a fan I hope he hits some threes but who knows if that part of his game will come this year.

Joerger should plays his young guys more this season (plus Hill is gone, obviously) and Joerger should let the young guys run more (dead last in pace last season) but nothing is guaranteed with this team. 

Saw him play the summer league opener and I agree he was looking a lot stronger in the upper body.

• Like 1

His play style though hurts his body, which I don't think is as strong as guys like RWB or even Wall. Even if he is not injured, the kids gloves the Kings will have him on means he's missing games in his sophomore year. There were also stretches of games where he just played injured and helped nobody.

I agree he looks better but I will take the next best choice on draft day.

I think he has the potential to be the next RWB but he has to stay durable and have a more consistent jump shot.

On 8/17/2018 at 7:28 AM, PuzzBeterson2 said:

I'm not sure of he has the talents or tools to become a great fantasy point guard. There's some major flaws in his game and I don't believe he will overcome them within the next few years.

what are his major flaws? 

If 3 pt and stl can be 1.5 instead of 1.1, he could be viable late.  However, that does not seem like a sure thing, at all.  Fox's post all-star break numbers were 29 mins per game where he still averaged less than 1 for each of those two categories, even though other stats improved with minutes.  That's not very encouraging.  

5 hours ago, PuzzBeterson2 said:

Decision making, ability to play the game at a slower pace in situations where it's needed, shooting (have seen little progress there), resulting in total lack of pick & roll skill, court vision,  mental lapses on defense (he was quite bad last year, I expect him to improve there quite a bit). Until he takes some major steps in all of these areas, he's not much more (fantasy wise) than a Reggie Jackson, and he's never been consistently valuable. I like his (Fox') confidence, though. 

he is going into his 2nd year in the league lol of course he has stuff to learn

How is no one talking about this dude? He just had a great game and has virtually no competition for minutes proven tonight....

His confidence is much much higher in his sophmore year! I drafted knowing he worked on his craft, coach tagged him as the franchise guy and he would get all the minutes he can handle. Great game to kick off the season!  It looks like both Fox and WCW are the ones to own with Hield knocking on the door as well.

I started Rubio over Fox on opening night in my dynasty. I don’t think that will ever happen again

8 minutes ago, The_Custodian said:

Good game from Fox, but I'm not sure about the complete lack of 3's from a PG

Would you consider him a good option if you were punting 3’s and FT%?

49 minutes ago, The_Custodian said:

Good game from Fox, but I'm not sure about the complete lack of 3's from a PG

He'll get lite threes.  Do you need threes from everyone on your roster?  Guess it depends on your build.

6 minutes ago, python3 said:

He'll get lite threes.  Do you need threes from everyone on your roster?  Guess it depends on your build.

You could probably make 3's up elsewhere, but usually I'd want them from my PG unless I have someone like Ben Simmons. Right now Fox's actual impact on my team would be worse than someone like George Hill, esp. considering Fox's expected low percentages.

• Like 1