cdd10

De'Aaron Fox 2018-2019 Season Outlook

34 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Hard to believe in him this year after how bad he was last year...

It was... his rookie year... :mellow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 23_gaby_23 said:

His game is ugly AF. Geez, but i guess ill take the production 

• Like 1

may I know why is he only rated as a round 10-12 player in basketballmonster?

he played rather decent against 2 of the tougher teams in NBA (Thunders and Jazz)

23 minutes ago, zass17 said:

may I know why is he only rated as a round 10-12 player in basketballmonster?

he played rather decent against 2 of the tougher teams in NBA (Thunders and Jazz)

It's because he's elite in assists and mediocre in steals and points. He's negative in every other category.

14 hours ago, stevenzhang said:

It's because he's elite in assists and mediocre in steals and points. He's negative in every other category.

It's hard to say he's mediocre in points.  Obviously he's not going to continue to shoot over 50%, but he should be able to be solid in points, elite in assists, and even decent in steals if he keeps going at a little over 1 a game.

Not saying he's an elite PG, but he's somebody I'm very tempted to target.  If you're like me and need a PG and/or assists, it seems like a fairly smart move.  Especially since PG isn't exactly full of a ton of elite options, or at the very least elite assist guys.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 5:47 PM, KilloWertz said:

It's hard to say he's mediocre in points.  Obviously he's not going to continue to shoot over 50%, but he should be able to be solid in points, elite in assists, and even decent in steals if he keeps going at a little over 1 a game.

Not saying he's an elite PG, but he's somebody I'm very tempted to target.  If you're like me and need a PG and/or assists, it seems like a fairly smart move.  Especially since PG isn't exactly full of a ton of elite options, or at the very least elite assist guys.

I like Fox and would have picked him up too. I'm just explaining his ranking.

Not sure if this is appropriate but I wondered why he didn’t get SG eligibility like some PGs did.  Dragic, Dlo, Rjax among others all have SG eligibility.  He is playing along side Yogi and Frank Mason iii who are miniaturesque.  Let’s get yahoo to fix this!

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/35810902-de-aaron-fox-sg-eligibility

Why isn't there more attention on this guy?  Solid stats except for ft% and threes, which are concerning for a point guard.  But still, 18-4-7 on good fg% all year

1 hour ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Why isn't there more attention on this guy?  Solid stats except for ft% and threes, which are concerning for a point guard.  But still, 18-4-7 on good fg% all year

A very good question, especially since PGs that offer scoring and good assists aren't as common as they used to be.

Unfortunately he's a game-time call tonight with a strained back, but it doesn't look like it will be a long term issue.  If so, you would think he would have been ruled out already.

15 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

A very good question, especially since PGs that offer scoring and good assists aren't as common as they used to be.

Unfortunately he's a game-time call tonight with a strained back, but it doesn't look like it will be a long term issue.  If so, you would think he would have been ruled out already.

Exactly.  If he can get up to 1.0 threes, 78% ft, and around 2.8 turnovers, he'd offer midround value

Edited by Fantasyscrub

15 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Exactly.  If he can get up to 1.0 threes, 78% ft, and around 2.8 turnovers, he'd offer midround value

I think the FT% might not happen.  Maybe he'll figure it out eventually, but it's not looking good there this season.  Still, even with that, he's still offering nice value.

BTW, he is playing tonight.

Grimacing pretty bad.  Might not make it through the game.  And if he does, may not be effective.

32 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Not bad. But damn, man cant hit FTs

34 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Why can't this clown hit FTs.

Yeah I don’t get it.  How can a point guard shoot <70% from the line on 5+ attempts?  With all the training and game experience, it shouldn’t be this bad

28 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Yeah I don’t get it.  How can a point guard shoot <70% from the line on 5+ attempts?  With all the training and game experience, it shouldn’t be this bad

Yeah, it is really strange, even if he's not the only PG to not be able to shoot FTs very well.  It's kind of a shame since he's doing pretty good this season otherwise.

2 hours ago, 12345game10 said:

punting FT and 3s, love this guy

He's making a strong argument for me to keep him in my 12 man keeper. I LOVE him. He's blazing fast and a solid shooter. I'm thrilled to have him on my team. He's only gonna get better. 

Just unreal how these Kings are playing right now!  If it's working, don't fix it.  They definitely have a winning formula right now with this current lineup and Fox has broke out in his 2nd year!  

• Like 1