cdd10

De'Aaron Fox 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, absknicks said:

He'll be the best PG in the NBA in a couple of years. The Lakers look like clowns for drafting Lonzo above him. 

 

I like this assessment. Couple means (2) so that means Fox will be better than (Kyrie, Curry, Wall, Westbrook & Lillard).

 

Good call

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

 

I like this assessment. Couple means (2) so that means Fox will be better than (Kyrie, Curry, Wall, Westbrook & Lillard).

 

Good call

 

Yep, in 2-3 years, I think he will be. Think a lot of people who watch the sport everyday would agree there's a decent chance of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, absknicks said:

 

Yep, in 2-3 years, I think he will be. Think a lot of people who watch the sport everyday would agree there's a decent chance of that. 

like who? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

like who? :o

 

I mean, why do you think it's out of the question? He's playing at an all-star level RIGHT NOW in his 2nd season in the NBA... he's probably the fastest player in the league end to end, he's turned into a capable 3-pt shooter in one offseason, he's an excellent passer... what doesn't he have? Would love to hear your assessment. 

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, absknicks said:

He'll be the best PG in the NBA in a couple of years. The Lakers look like clowns for drafting Lonzo above him. 

Fox is awesome but you're going a bit overboard here. Kyrie is still only 26 and in 2 years will be in his actual peak. Curry is older obviously but he is the best shooter ever and that portion of his game will age pretty well. Lillard will be pushing 30 but he's been very healthy throughout his career and his game isn't really based on explosive athleticism. I can see Fox being better than Westbrook and Wall though, as those guys can;t shoot and are very reliant on athleticism which will obv dwindle in a couple of years. 

 

I don't think Fox will be the best PG in 2 years, but he has a strong case for making the top 5. In 5ish or so years? Yes, he absolutely can because by that time, guys like Curry, Lillard, Westbrook etc will be far past their prime. 

Edited by fabrar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fabrar said:

Fox is awesome but you're going a bit overboard here. Kyrie is still only 26 and in 2 years will be in his actual peak. Curry is older obviously but he is the best shooter ever and that portion of his game will age pretty well. Lillard will be pushing 30 but he's been very healthy throughout his career and his game isn't really based on explosive athleticism. I can see Fox being better than Westbrook and Wall though, as those guys can;t shoot and are very reliant on athleticism which will obv dwindle in a couple of years. 

Dont forget about Simmons. Even with Simmons limited perimeter game he is and will be better than Fox for the forseeable future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

 

I mean, why do you think it's out of the question? He's playing at an all-star level RIGHT NOW in his 2nd season in the NBA... he's probably the fastest player in the league end to end, he's turned into a capable 3-pt shooter in one offseason, he's an excellent passer... what doesn't he have? Would love to hear your assessment. 

Poor defender, Too small. Jumper has improved. Good stats on bad team type player, with limited BB IQ. There have been tons of them over the years. Hardly trending towards being an elite PG, yet alone the best PG in the NBA. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Code of Hammurabi said:

Poor defender, Too small. Jumper has improved. Good stats on bad team type player, with limited BB IQ. There have been tons of them over the years. Hardly trending towards being an elite PG, yet alone the best PG in the NBA. 

 

Well I completely disagree with your assessment. He's a poor defender right now... 2nd year players often are. He'll learn and improve in that department just as he has improved virtually every other aspect of his game in one offseason. 

 

The basketball IQ remark makes me think you just haven't watched him much. Invest in League Pass and watch with an open mind. Because that's just an asinine, mindless comment. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Poor defender, Too small. Jumper has improved. Good stats on bad team type player, with limited BB IQ. There have been tons of them over the years. Hardly trending towards being an elite PG, yet alone the best PG in the NBA. 

Fox is a slightly more efficient version of Deangelo Russell by my personal estimation. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, absknicks said:

 

Well I completely disagree with your assessment. He's a poor defender right now... 2nd year players often are. He'll learn and improve in that department just as he has improved virtually every other aspect of his game in one offseason. 

 

The basketball IQ remark makes me think you just haven't watched him much. Invest in League Pass and watch with an open mind. Because that's just an asinine, mindless comment. 

Really? Be easy making erroneous assumptions playboy and calling people asinine. I have "invested" in leagues pass and have watched tons of Kings games. You should learn to appreciate other people opinions without resorting to attacks. Im done with this discussion with you guy...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Poor defender, Too small. Jumper has improved. Good stats on bad team type player, with limited BB IQ. There have been tons of them over the years. Hardly trending towards being an elite PG, yet alone the best PG in the NBA. 

Man this sounds like straight up hate lmao. Kings are doing well this year because of Fox. He's not small, might be thin but added some muscle this year. He's able to finish with contact now. Can you give me some examples of players like Fox? Apparently there's been tons of them. Fox is a more athletic Mike Conley in my eyes. Mike developed his shot late which Fox is currently doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GreatG said:

Man this sounds like straight up hate lmao. Kings are doing well this year because of Fox. He's not small, might be thin but added some muscle this year. He's able to finish with contact now. Can you give me some examples of players like Fox? Apparently there's been tons of them. Fox is a more athletic Mike Conley in my eyes. Mike developed his shot late which Fox is currently doing. 

Thats fair. I could see him being a conley type player for years to come which would be great for the Kings. However, that would hardly be best PG in the NBA worthy......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love fox and have him on multiple teams but in 2 yrs he won’t be even close to kemba let alone the top tier pgs. He ll be a nice borderline all star but don’t think he can reach superstardom. His ceiling just isn’t there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, absknicks said:

 

I mean, why do you think it's out of the question? He's playing at an all-star level RIGHT NOW in his 2nd season in the NBA... he's probably the fastest player in the league end to end, he's turned into a capable 3-pt shooter in one offseason, he's an excellent passer... what doesn't he have? Would love to hear your assessment. 

Best in the NBA is a very bold statement, I would just reword to borderline top  5 point guard or all star level point guard that's just way more realistic of a statement. Fox is basically John Wall with a slightlybetter jumper. His game actually doesn't resemble Mike Conley's at all outside of him being a lefty lol.

 

I feel like the real question is: Is Fox going to be better then John Wall in 2 years? Maybe, maybe not but he's outperforming what we all expected by a longshot and that's what's most important.

 

We all can't even agree on who the best PG is right now (It's Steph Curry btw) so I don't think it's possible to predict who the best in two years will be. Fox is really good though and is not a good stats bad team player like is stated above. He's an NBA caliber PG with all star potential.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

This 0/4 start makes me nervous, but I've seen him turn it around so often before (usually in 3Q)

It wouldn't be surprising, but even if he doesn't, he's been so good of late that he's entitled to a dud.  And he might not have much of a chance to turn things around as this has the makings of the worst game the Kings have played this season.  They've gotten almost doubled near the end of the 2nd quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It wouldn't be surprising, but even if he doesn't, he's been so good of late that he's entitled to a dud.  And he might not have much of a chance to turn things around as this has the makings of the worst game the Kings have played this season.  They've gotten almost doubled near the end of the 2nd quarter.

so the biggest caveat there is if he even gets the chance to. I saw McLemore and Labissiere play so I guess Joerger is just throwing whatever out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

so the biggest caveat there is if he even gets the chance to. I saw McLemore and Labissiere play so I guess Joerger is just throwing whatever out there

It's as if Joerger had given up in the first quarter.  Fox hardly played at all in the first half (6 minutes), and it wasn't because of foul trouble and no injury has been reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, he's done for the night and so is everybody else who started for the Kings. 2nd half just started and it's an entire bench unit as the starters now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol Kings backups just cut a 30+ pt deficit to 15 early in the 3rd. Maybe Fox and the starters MAY return if this thing gets any closer

Edited by Blood Brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

lol Kings backups just cut a 30+ pt deficit to 15 early in the 3rd. Maybe Fox and the starters MAY return if this thing gets any closer

If the bench got it down to 15, I actually think Joerger will stick with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

Best in the NBA is a very bold statement, I would just reword to borderline top  5 point guard or all star level point guard that's just way more realistic of a statement. Fox is basically John Wall with a slightlybetter jumper. His game actually doesn't resemble Mike Conley's at all outside of him being a lefty lol.

 

I feel like the real question is: Is Fox going to be better then John Wall in 2 years? Maybe, maybe not but he's outperforming what we all expected by a longshot and that's what's most important.

 

We all can't even agree on who the best PG is right now (It's Steph Curry btw) so I don't think it's possible to predict who the best in two years will be. Fox is really good though and is not a good stats bad team player like is stated above. He's an NBA caliber PG with all star potential.

 

He's shown more improvement on his shot in one offseason than John Wall has shown in the last 8 years.  He's playing at an all star level right now so to say he has all star potential is a pretty bland take.

 

He'll be better than John Wall. And he has a chance to be the best PG in the league. 

Edited by absknicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...