Letitbe793

Wander Franco, SS, TB

Nephew of Erick Aybar, not to be confused with his father and two brothers also named Wander Franco, this 17 year old  2017 july 2 signee has hit the ground running for the Rays Princeton rookie ball team. Only 15 games but Wander Samuel Franco's performance so far combined with the scouting reports I've read point to him being an elite can't miss kind of prospect and I am really excited to follow his career. 

So far in rookie ball: .371, 3 HR, 2 SB, 6.0% BB rate, 7.5 % K rate, .258 ISO. 

The Rays are known to move guys along slowly so could be 2022, 2023 before we see him in the bigs. 

• Like 1

Not many players at the age of 17 have posted a 150 wRC+ or more in Rookie ball. At least not this decade. Even 140 wRC+ is an impressive bar to reach. 

Soto is head and shoulders above his peers in his first taste of pro ball with a 184 wRC+. Albies (160), Devers (146), Acuna (142), Vlad (122), Torres (119), and Tatis (108) trail Soto in wRC+ as well as his ISO of .189 and his wOBA of .450. 

The Appy League is only 1/3 of the season underway but if Wander Franco finishes his season with Princeton, Soto may have some company. 

Wander Franco 
.352/.403/.592 
7.8% K 
157 wRC+ 
.442 wOBA 
.239 ISO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just have to say that even though it’s a small sample size, my whole perception on Franco has completely changed.  I felt he was one of those better real life prospects than fantasy.  I’ll be looking to buy everywhere.

He is 4-4 today. 2  home runs and a triple

He might be a top 40-50 prospect right now. Arrows moving UP!!!

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Wish he was in the CBS database.  Kid has all the qualities of the next great prospect.

• Like 1

for those old enough to remember, i cant help but think of "Hi I'm Larry, and this is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl"