Letitbe793

Wander Franco, SS, TB

4 hours ago, AllWrightNow said:

Frustrating if you passed him over in a rookie FA draft last December for Esteury Ruiz.  Franco was my 1B pick there, but Ruiz had more of a track record at that point.

Its indeed super thought with some of these j2 guys, you have to wait almost a year to hear positive things about them after they signed. If the league is deep enough, just have to get some of the highest touted ones and be paitient for a year or two. I landed him at like pick 27 in my last year’s first player draft, it was between him or Nick Pratto, and I just went for it.

The most impressive thing has got to be that he has more walks than strikeouts and that he has a very low K rate. One of the lowest in the minors in fact. All at 17 in a league far above his age on average.

Edited by killa3312
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, killa3312 said:

The most impressive thing has got to be that he has more walks than strikeouts and that he has a very low K rate. One of the lowest in the minors in fact. All at 17 in a league far above his age on average.

Agree 100% - in fact, this is what caused me to pull the trigger on him last week when I stumbled upon this thread & started looking into him more. There aren't many legitimate prospects who have more BB's than K's but when you also consider he's very young for the league he's playing in, it's even more impressive & it sold me on him.

• Like 1

It's so confusing that there are 2 Wander Franco prospects and they are brothers and both sons of Wander Franco Sr.. Wander Sr. must have a yuuuuuge d*ck if he is just going to keep naming his offspring Wander.

Someone picked up Giants Wander in my league today. Pretty sure he thought he was getting this future star. I nearly made the same mistake a few months back.

26 minutes ago, bradwatson said:

It's so confusing that there are 2 Wander Franco prospects and they are brothers and both sons of Wander Franco Sr.. Wander Sr. must have a yuuuuuge d*ck if he is just going to keep naming his offspring Wander.

Someone picked up Giants Wander in my league today. Pretty sure he thought he was getting this future star. I nearly made the same mistake a few months back.

there's actually three. two older brothers both with the giants, and the one you want from the rays. all named wander

like you say... confusing

3-for-3, single, double, triple. Also had a BB because why not. His on-base streak is now at 44 games.

Edited by Sine_cera
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Every now and then this one special prospect comes along and you just know right away he's going to be incredible even in his brief amount of time in the minors. Dude is a true "Wander"kind. BB/K ratio is now 22/14 and this dude is a young 17, turned 17 in March of this year. Freaking stud, man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember when Harper was drafted and I grabbed him and kept each year regardless of his age because of how high the odds were he was a "can't miss". Wandering if I should do the same here

37 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

I remember when Harper was drafted and I grabbed him and kept each year regardless of his age because of how high the odds were he was a "can't miss". Wandering if I should do the same here

Better to be early than late.  I feel like if he's not grabbed in deeper dynasties at this point he will be very very soon. 

I grabbed him after I heard he cracked Klaw's top 20 about a month ago and I felt like I was late.

1 hour ago, Yanks#1 said:

And almost 10 years later, you've gotten only  1 great full year out of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CBS still has his ownership at only 5%.  I play in 3 CBS leagues and own in all of them.  The "wrong" Franco for KC (as CBS has him identified) is at 1%, which I'm going to safely assume are wrong adds.  Even at 6%, that seems awfully low.  I think the window to obtain is still largely open in dynasties, but by the time next season starts, i'd bet that window is largely closed.  Whats the ownership in yahoo keeper leagues?  Anyone have that info?

5 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

And almost 10 years later, you've gotten only  1 great full year out of him.

Correct, I didn't say it was a success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JohnR said:

CBS still has his ownership at only 5%.  I play in 3 CBS leagues and own in all of them.  The "wrong" Franco for KC (as CBS has him identified) is at 1%, which I'm going to safely assume are wrong adds.  Even at 6%, that seems awfully low.  I think the window to obtain is still largely open in dynasties, but by the time next season starts, i'd bet that window is largely closed.  Whats the ownership in yahoo keeper leagues?  Anyone have that info?

Yeah it's odd isn't it? I also player in 3 different styles of keepers and grabbed him in all 3...2 of them I added placeholders to be safe before CBS finally got around to adding him to universe. I think the low % is basically because of the late add to pool and come Aug many players have 1 eye on football too.

37 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

Ah. You said wondering if you should do the same here, I took that to mean it worked out really well. Depends on the format. I wouldnt be stashing him in a league where you could keep major league talent over him for the next 2 years.  2020 Super 2 is probably best case scenario

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

IDK - I'm more than happy with Bryce's output.  Sure he's not a super duper star, but his name will always have the hype associated with it.  His stats have been pretty solid, now he has CF eligibility next year.  I'm comfortable keeping him in the top 10 dynasty player list, borderline top 5. 

Not that I want the Wander love fest to get too off track. 

54 minutes ago, tootallball said:

I learned with Soto to grab early and ask questions later. 

by grab early do you mean when he was promoted to the majors or when he was lighting up the DSL? We're like 2 years away from the former, maybe more.

8 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

by grab early do you mean when he was promoted to the majors or when he was lighting up the DSL? We're like 2 years away from the former, maybe more.

I mean when a guy shows signs like this I grab him in a dynasty. Soto I grabbed middle of last summer. 

• Like 1

False alarm everyone, the RW blurbers are saying 2023 at the earliest...nothing to see here, they have spoken.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tootallball said:

I learned with Soto to grab early and ask questions later. 

Yep.  I think the Soto comps alone are enough to warrant pretty solid trade value, although I'm still teetering on whether I want to move him.  I think he ends up at 2B and I really don't like the depth there long term.

12 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

False alarm everyone, the RW blurbers are saying 2023 at the earliest...nothing to see here, they have spoken.

For what it's worth, I posted the Keith Law thing last week where he said he thought he would be up as a teenager (which makes it 2020).  Anyway, Keith Law doubled down this week on essentially the same question

Devon: Keith, do you think Tampa Bay will take its time developing Wander Franco? Would a monster performance force their hand or will they stick to org. philosophy? 
Keith Law: I’ll predict he’s in the majors before he turns 20.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

For what it's worth, I posted the Keith Law thing last week where he said he thought he would be up as a teenager (which makes it 2020).  Anyway, Keith Law doubled down this week on essentially the same question

Devon: Keith, do you think Tampa Bay will take its time developing Wander Franco? Would a monster performance force their hand or will they stick to org. philosophy? 
Keith Law: I’ll predict he’s in the majors before he turns 20.

So best "realistic" case scenario, he's in the minors all of 2019 and comes up when he's 19 yo in early/mid 2020?

51 minutes ago, ragrag said:

So best "realistic" case scenario, he's in the minors all of 2019 and comes up when he's 19 yo in early/mid 2020?

I would probably say mid 2020 is best case scenario, they'd reall have to rush him there to get there by early 2020.  

I will personally predict 2-4 weeks into 2021 (unless the rules change by then)

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

Hit HR #9 yesterday. Now slashing .370/.434/.620 with a 23/14 BB/K ratio at Princeton. This dude just turned 17 in March, need you be reminded. Stud.

• Like 1