Let me guess:

Vlad

Eloy

Tatis

Wander?

may be pushing it, but i couldn't argue long against it

I believe Royce was 3 and tatis was somewhere higher

On ‎23‎-‎8‎-‎2018 at 8:30 PM, killa3312 said:

Easily. Dude is OPSing nearly .1100 in an advanced league for his.age with a 27/14 BB/K ratio at 17.  Kid just turned.17 in March, it's absolutely insane what he is doing.

First 20 games: 5 BB/8 K. Since then he has 22 BB/7 K in 37 games. His plate discipline is really really good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

did a little looking at his game logs this season...check it out for yourself:

Wander has an active 54 game on base streak (been on base via hit or walk) entering tonite

June 22nd (his 4th game of the season) was the last time, and ONLY time this season where he has failed to get on base via a hit or walk.  After that game he was hitting a paltry .188 with a .235 OBP.  Entering today, he's at .374 and .443 respectively

One game all year where he failed to reach base.  Just more evidence of the season he's having

(BTW:  so far tonite hes 0-3 and has not been on base)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JohnR said:

did a little looking at his game logs this season...check it out for yourself:

Wander has an active 54 game on base streak (been on base via hit or walk) entering tonite

June 22nd (his 4th game of the season) was the last time, and ONLY time this season where he has failed to get on base via a hit or walk.  After that game he was hitting a paltry .188 with a .235 OBP.  Entering today, he's at .374 and .443 respectively

One game all year where he failed to reach base.  Just more evidence of the season he's having

(BTW:  so far tonite hes 0-3 and has not been on base)

Ended 0-5

Buy low while you can

"Franco grew up in the same neighborhood as two-time Cleveland Indians All-Star, Jose Ramirez. The MVP candidate raves about Franco’s ability to play the game and claims the Rays budding superstar prospect is better than him.“I have him over to my house, we practice, we train together, I’m helping him a lot,” Ramirez said. “He’s good. Better than me. He has more strength, more of everything. He really knows how to play.”

https://www.draysbay.com/2018/9/5/17823156/rays-teenage-phenom-wander-franco-is-making-waves

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/25/2018 at 10:36 AM, robbybobby005 said:

Will yahoo ever add him to their player pool?!? Cmon the natives are restless!

I think we're looking at next year for the add on Yahoo.

25 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Would you add him in keepers where he takes up an active roster spot? 

Depends on how many keeper slots you have. 

However the resounding suggestion from me would be to absolutely keep him if other top prospects are kept in your league (Vlad, Tatis, etc.).  IMO Franco is in tier 1a right behind those guys and a lot of the rankings will back the hype.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As list season is already starting to fire and the big pub lists are coming soon, it will be interesting who is willing to push him the highest?

My $ is on Klaw, but seems like everyone is catching up to his aggressive placement too.

I am sure we will see him in the top5 on a few.

I believe IBW just had him a few spots past 50 overall on the top 1000 list for dynasty?

That might be aggressive but I am so high on him that I might move him into the 35-40 range...

It's risky with someone his age, but he just looks so freakin' good.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:47 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

As list season is already starting to fire and the big pub lists are coming soon, it will be interesting who is willing to push him the highest?

My $ is on Klaw, but seems like everyone is catching up to his aggressive placement too.

I am sure we will see him in the top5 on a few.

well, BA's list seems to be out today and they've got him at 4, so, that's going to be pretty hard to beat

He is in the Fantrax database and I think I'm going to now take him in the 1st rd when we have our draft.

Hopefully a year 2021 promotion.

With the Rays, it may be another 7 years before he’s up to the majors.  It’s usually a slow, painful progression with them 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

With the Rays, it may be another 7 years before he’s up to the majors.  It’s usually a slow, painful progression with them 

Franco might be in the "so good he forces their hand" category. His and Vlad's lines in rookie ball at the same age are nearly identical from a power perspective. However Wander with a better average and k rate. 

Vlad split his age 18 season between A and high A. If Wander mirrors that I bet he's up at the latest April 2021 (equivalent of Vlad being up in April 2019). I'd be shocked if he was in the show as a teenager. I'm a Wander owner and would love it.... unfortunately it's more likely he'll be 20. 

It's kind of unfortunate, but his big league timetable might hinge on his (and agents) willingness to sign a long-term type of contract...ala the Longo deal. There are plenty of risks for both in that situation, but it could really expedite his arrival instead of the dumb service time game-playing stuff?

On 1/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, wily mo said:

well, BA's list seems to be out today and they've got him at 4, so, that's going to be pretty hard to beat

Klaw upped them by 1 spot...

On 1/30/2019 at 12:02 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Klaw upped them by 1 spot...

Same with James Anderson of rotowire. TBH I agree. Outside of Vlad there is no prospect with the ceiling Wander has IMO. I think the high quality hit tool and eye makes him relatively safe too. IF proximity wasn't a factor he could arguably be the #1 fantasy prospect. Outside of Vlad, Eloy, and Tatis though he's my guy if you do take that into consideration. I guess you could make a case for Senzel and Tucker. 

13 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Same with James Anderson of rotowire. TBH I agree. Outside of Vlad there is no prospect with the ceiling Wander has IMO. 

CSB ALERT:  I'm in a pretty competitive 16 teamer. I saw a blurb by someone in a chat the other day about the three prospects you'd want to build around being Vlad, Tatis, and Wander. I had all of them, stuck my flag early on each, but gave away Tatis for essentially nothing before he really broke out. Pains me to his day.  

Wander checks all the boxes you want. Good chance he doesn't reach Vlad's bat, but might not be too far off with better position elligibility and perhaps non 0 steals.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:15 AM, crotchcrickets said:

wish we could have kept him on the downlow for just a little while longer :(

I had to move fast this offseason to get the #1 waiver to snag him. Baaaaaarely beat the prospect lists.