Letitbe793

Wander Franco, SS, TB

5 hours ago, bigbossman said:

See, all it took was a post by me to wake the kid up ūüėú

You need to make posts like this, to wake up other slumping studs.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, WestTexasGM said:

You need to make posts like this, to wake up other slumping studs.

Agreed. @bigbossman please report to the Kyle Tucker thread ASAP.

Edited by SpartyOn4

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

@bigbossman, seriously, can we send you a list of player threads to post in

It pays to know the Judge!  Sure, let me know and I'll make some inquiries with the powers that be ;)

That's a good looking swing, but I think I like Ronny Mauricio's swing much better.

11/7 BB/K ratio as the youngest player in the league. One of the lowest strikeout rates in the league and a 10 game hitting streak. Yeah, he’s kind of good. He has officially figured out the Midwest League, only a matter of time until the next promotion. Kid’s batting eye is unreal for a just recently turned 18 year old.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 3:43 PM, SpartyOn4 said:

Added a 3rd double. Slash line now at a healthy 300/389/467.

Doubles by an 18 year old in the pitcher-friendly Midwest League in April are likely to translate into HRs down the line.

When I said "down the line" I wasn't thinking "later this week" but here we are. Three HRs in the last two days.

• Like 1

Since @bigbossman1 wasn't impressed with francos stat line on the season, he's literally gotten exponentially better each day

He's on pace to have his major league debut a week from tomorrow at this rate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So upside is something like a Vlad, Jr. triple slash plus shortstop eligibility and steals?

I mean obviously still much to prove at higher levels but just being able to say that is a plausible outcome with a straight face is pretty insane.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weekday Warrior said:

So upside is something like a Vlad, Jr. triple slash plus shortstop eligibility and steals?

I mean obviously still much to prove at higher levels but just being able to say that is a plausible outcome with a straight face is pretty insane.

Won't get that many steals, more than vlad for side. Some people have vlad as an 80 hit tool with 70-80 power. Kinda think more like 70-60. Maybe his hit tool is on par with Vlads, but I imagine the power will be a grade lower.

Setting the bar at vlad seems kinda high, but no doubt some see doing that.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Won't get that many steals, more than vlad for side. Some people have vlad as an 80 hit tool with 70-80 power. Kinda think more like 70-60. Maybe his hit tool is on par with Vlads, but I imagine the power will be a grade lower.

Setting the bar at vlad seems kinda high, but no doubt some see doing that.

Not saying he will steal a lot but no reason he can't be a 10 SB guy.

His upside is a .300 + hitter with 25-30 homer power, 40 + doubles, and more walks than strikeouts. Basically, a hall of fame caliber hitter.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, killa3312 said:

His upside is a .300 + hitter with 25-30 homer power, 40 + doubles, and more walks than strikeouts. Basically, a hall of fame caliber hitter.

very Soto similar.  But even more advanced...

Edited by knuckleheads

What's his long term position? Not that anyone could "block" a prospect of his quality but they have 2 young players in Lowe/Adames already in the infield.  Someone will have to move.

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

What's his long term position? Not that anyone could "block" a prospect of his quality but they have 2 young players in Lowe/Adames already in the infield.  Someone will have to move.

If I had to bet, 2nd, but it's very much in the air. SS/3rd in play.

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind TB as Wendle on the IL . What happens to Lowe when Wendle comes back ? Yes maybe early to mid June but he was the second baseman

4 minutes ago, motown magic said:

Keep in mind TB as Wendle on the IL . What happens to Lowe when Wendle comes back ? Yes maybe early to mid June but he was the second baseman

Wander Franco isn't coming up this year and maybe a 30% shot next year.

16 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Things change quick, but I don't see Lowe or esp Adames as a players that alter the path for Wander (as you allude to). At his age and current size, it's hard to say with certainty that he won't grow more yet. His hands, feet, arm and instincts are very much good enough to allow him to play SS.

9 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Wander Franco isn't coming up this year and maybe a 30% shot next year.

After the Acuna and Jimenez contracts setting new precedents, I think there’s higher than 30%. The Rays have a solid team and will be hard pushed to put out their best lineup sooner rather than later.