BetterCallHinkie

Zach LaVine 2018-19 Season Outlook

Only 3 pages for this guy? I'm supremely disappointed at the lack of hype over this man. Points leagues and 8-cat owners especially should be happy with this line. Even played some decent defense in this game, although the game was pretty awful at times with sloppy play from both sides.

glad i reached for him in the 5th round...perfect for my punt FG/TO team (but even his FG% has been good), dude is a monster.

i think LaVine will absolutely be the steal of the draft for those who did a little reaching for him .hes one of the best players in the nba and is one of the few scoring options on that squad. im curious to see how his production fares when Markkanen comes back. 

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

i think LaVine will absolutely be the steal of the draft for those who did a little reaching for him .hes one of the best players in the nba and is one of the few scoring options on that squad. im curious to see how his production fares when Markkanen comes back. 

His usage may go down a bit but he will get better looks, fewer TOs and more assists.

7 hours ago, sebapargue said:

would you rather have josh richardson or lavine for a punt ast team??

I have both. I got them for 14$ combined :D

Just now, tallball said:

I have both. I got them for 14$ combined :D

I traded Lavine for J rich. I'm gonna miss him but I think it works for me. turnovers are a strong cat for me and lavine was the only outlier (looks at embiid). Plus J rich has given me 2 great games since I got him. gonna make myself feel better and say this lavine 41 pt game was because of OT...but really rooting for the guy, fun to watch.

7 hours ago, sebapargue said:

would you rather have josh richardson or lavine for a punt ast team??

How about both ;)

I have both, but would prefer Lavine because that Jimmy situation worries me...If Josh goes to Minn, he's not same Josh anymore :(

Obviously you weren't going to keep shooting 51% like you did in October, but come on LaVine, bust out of the dreadful shooting slump you've been in basically all November.

Might be a bit frustrating to own right now, but I'm still finding it hard to move him given the still solid across the board production along with team carrying FT shooting.

8 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Obviously you weren't going to keep shooting 51% like you did in October, but come on LaVine, bust out of the dreadful shooting slump you've been in basically all November.

Might be a bit frustrating to own right now, but I'm still finding it hard to move him given the still solid across the board production along with team carrying FT shooting.

You knew he want going to help in FG%. This shouldn't frustrate you to much unless you assumed he would magically shoot 50% this season. Law of averages kicks in do just try and chill and look at the big picture and be excited that he had gotten stocks this season and has a massive role. 

59 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

You knew he want going to help in FG%. This shouldn't frustrate you to much unless you assumed he would magically shoot 50% this season. Law of averages kicks in do just try and chill and look at the big picture and be excited that he had gotten stocks this season and has a massive role. 

I knew he wasn't going to shoot 50%.  I even started my post by saying that, and made a point on how helpful he has been otherwise, so you might want to re-read posts before you tell somebody to chill.

I'm not trying to argue (especially with a mod), but just pointing out that your response might have been a little much.  He has been dreadful from the field this month and I was just pointing that out.

Edited by KilloWertz

18 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

I knew he wasn't going to shoot 50%.  I even started my post by saying that, and made a point on how helpful he has been otherwise, so you might want to re-read posts before you tell somebody to chill.

I'm not trying to argue (especially with a mod), but just pointing out that your response might have been a little much.  He has been dreadful from the field this month and I was just pointing that out.

When I said chill it was the type of chill like nothing to see here type of chill. You stated it was frustrating. I tried to state in a laid back way that there is nothing to be frustrated about. So yes, I say just chill. It isnt like he is shooting 33% from the field and he was projected to shoot 43%. On the whole he is doing fine. 

I can express my opinion. I did so respectfully and I did not attack you. If you reread my post it is harmless and meant to help you relax. If you need to vent there is a thread for that. 

51 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

When I said chill it was the type of chill like nothing to see here type of chill. You stated it was frustrating. I tried to state in a laid back way that there is nothing to be frustrated about. So yes, I say just chill. It isnt like he is shooting 33% from the field and he was projected to shoot 43%. On the whole he is doing fine. 

I can express my opinion. I did so respectfully and I did not attack you. If you reread my post it is harmless and meant to help you relax. If you need to vent there is a thread for that. 

It's all good.  I obviously took your original post at least somewhat the wrong way.  I apologize for that.  I still don't think there was anything wrong with pointing out the fact that he's shot dreadful this month though, nor is it a bad thing to hope he busts out of it and starts shooting better.  I pointed out that he's been too valuable in other categories really to deal even through the slump.

It's not totally unreasonable to expect him to shoot at least 45% from the field as he has done it in the past, so if he can get that back up along with his nice other stats, then that'd be great.  It seems that a big issue is his 3-point shooting, which was around what it should have been in October, and is now way down this month.  I'm still glad to have him, and even with the shooting woes, he's still the #1 ranked SG in 8-cat leagues on ESPN.

• Like 1

Believe me, I was right there with others in their frustration with LaVine, especially tonight.  What a difference a half makes, as he's 6-7 from the field in the 2nd half.

he is really good,but what exactly happened with his 3-pointer. i have feeling he is like 15% in last 10 games