Sign in to follow this  
Baseball Batman

Nick Solak, 2B-OF, Tampa

This kid needs his own thread. Considered a gamer with a high floor and a 55 hit tool. He's tearing it it up pretty good at Double-A Montgomery, among the league leaders in all major scoring categories. Thru 70 games and 300 at-bats he leads the league in both RBI (52) and Runs (58), is tied for 5th in both HR (12) and SB (17),  tied for 2nd in BB (46) and is slashing .290/400/460. In 1,000 career MiLB at-bats he has an AVG of .300 and an OBP of .395. He's gained more versatility this season in playing LF and CF for the Biscuits. Have to think his play this season has him moving up the prospect lists.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2018 at 12:38 AM, Baseball Batman said:

This kid needs his own thread. Considered a gamer with a high floor and a 55 hit tool. He's tearing it it up pretty good at Double-A Montgomery, among the league leaders in all major scoring categories. Thru 70 games and 300 at-bats he leads the league in both RBI (52) and Runs (58), is tied for 5th in both HR (12) and SB (17),  tied for 2nd in BB (46) and is slashing .290/400/460. In 1,000 career MiLB at-bats he has an AVG of .300 and an OBP of .395. He's gained more versatility this season in playing LF and CF for the Biscuits. Have to think his play this season has him moving up the prospect lists.

I could see him in the majors the majority of the year next year. 

These types of players get over looked - Jeff McNeil types that flat out hit the baseball and can play multiple positions. I’m pretty optimistic watching him play and seeing his stat lines and even have some power. Has performed at every level and is near MLB.  Haven’t really dug deep into his underlying metrics/stats but I’m going to scoop him up I think. What’s his estimated eta and will he have a chance to play? My guess is no looking at the TB roster.

On 6/25/2019 at 12:57 PM, bjvance5 said:

These types of players get over looked - Jeff McNeil types that flat out hit the baseball and can play multiple positions. I’m pretty optimistic watching him play and seeing his stat lines and even have some power. Has performed at every level and is near MLB.  Haven’t really dug deep into his underlying metrics/stats but I’m going to scoop him up I think. What’s his estimated eta and will he have a chance to play? My guess is no looking at the TB roster.

If this guy gets traded, which he might given the Rays should be buyers at the deadline, I would scoop him up. Right now, the Rays have way too many MI types ahead of him that his path to any regular ABs is slim.  Could change, but right now barring a trade, I don't see it.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, BigPapi44 said:

If this guy gets traded, which he might given the Rays should be buyers at the deadline, I would scoop him up. Right now, the Rays have way too many MI types ahead of him that his path to any regular ABs is slim.  Could change, but right now barring a trade, I don't see it.

Exactly right. Should be stashed now but feels like a wasted fantasy roster space being the the TB organization. 

2 hours ago, bjvance5 said:

Traded to Rangers! For Peter Fairbanks?

Highway robbery, but it's the Rays so they'll probably end up winning this one somehow. 

No way Texas ends up being sellers this year, so Cabrera likely isn't going anywhere, and doubt they abandon Odor given his contract. Cabrera is a UFA this off-season though, so Solak could be a nice 2020 stash. 

2 hours ago, LoGo said:

Highway robbery, but it's the Rays so they'll probably end up winning this one somehow. 

No way Texas ends up being sellers this year, so Cabrera likely isn't going anywhere, and doubt they abandon Odor given his contract. Cabrera is a UFA this off-season though, so Solak could be a nice 2020 stash. 

Good for Solak as he's completely blocked in TB with Wendle, Lowe, Robertson all 2b.

2 hours ago, strahanfan92 said:

This mean he'll be up in the majors shortly? Worth a pickup in deeper leagues?

I mean, they’ve been playing Deshields, Guzman, etc. I don’t see what it would hurt to give this kid a chance and see what he can do until some guys get healthy and come back. Those other guys aren’t doing anything special and haven’t been. 

Two more bombs last night. Kid is insane this year. 

Also, I'll retract my previous comment about Texas not being sellers now that they've lost 5 straight and are sitting 5.5 back of the 2nd WC. This next week is critical.

I think the Rangers could be done... wouldn’t be surprised if they sold some pieces before the deadline and see this man recalled here soon. Pure speculation though..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Mod needs to move this guy over to the Rangers in the title of the thread please. 

Meanwhile Yahoo has kept him as a Ray as well.

Yahoo still has Shane Baz as a Pirate. They're the worst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet another home run. This is getting ridiculous 

Asdrubel gone, Nick Solak time soon? 

2-4 3run jack.  He's already hit 7HRs in 80ABs hitting .300 with a ridiculous .613SLG% and .950OPS.

If he's not called up beforehand, he should be up in September.

Mazara left tonight's game with oblique tightness.  Hoping if he hits the IL that they give Solak The Call.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

Mazara left tonight's game with oblique tightness.  Hoping if he hits the IL that they give Solak The Call.

And now Santana also out. Fingers crossed.

Santana gets pulled from Rangers game due to hammy at 9:45 EST.  Nick Solak pulled from AAA game at 10:30 in 6th inning.

hmmmmmm

• Like 2

Too bad Texas likely won't say anything until shortly before Game 1, so even if Solak gets the call, some people will have no idea if they have to work (like me).

Noticed that Yahoo never updated Solak after he was traded to Texas.  He's still listed as being on TB.  Got confused for a second when I didn't see the two games for today next to him.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, el_Mantico said:

Santana gets pulled from Rangers game due to hammy at 9:45 EST.  Nick Solak pulled from AAA game at 10:30 in 6th inning.

hmmmmmm

Where's the it's happening gif?

15 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

Awwwww yaaaaaa!