Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

7/7 - GAME DAY THREAD

Fox carrying Boston-KC game in our area.  Moose is suddenly playing 1B tonight and Fox reports a Yankee scout is indeed in the stands.  Phils and Cards scouts also there tonight.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

3 hours ago, Wallscrapers said:

Umm Is Francona the worst manager in the mlb?

id vote for callaway but then again he worked for francona

22 minutes ago, ktierne3 said:

These dodgers announcers are so salty about analytics lol

Is that another Facebook game? I’m not finding it on extra innings. 

1 minute ago, mavsfan23 said:

Is that another Facebook game? I’m not finding it on extra innings. 

Nah I have mlb tv

Anyone else with extra innings not finding the Dodgers game? I don’t even get it on the mix channel. 

Why would a team be so willing to trade away a superstar Shortstop like Manny Machado? Are the Orioles allergic to great players? 

Kudos to the Marlins for putting up 3 on Max through 5 innings. There’s some reason to be optimistic if you’re a Miami fan. 

1 minute ago, Cdub2k said:

Why would a team be so willing to trade away a superstar Shortstop like Manny Machado? Are the Orioles allergic to great players? 

Probably because they have some indication that he’s not signing there in the offseason. Even if he is, why wouldn’t you tell him we’re gonna get some assets for you right now, then pay you like the stud we know you are in a few months. More importantly, why would a stud like Machado sign with Baltimore? 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Probably because they have some indication that he’s not signing there in the offseason. Even if he is, why wouldn’t you tell him we’re gonna get some assets for you right now, then pay you like the stud we know you are in a few months. More importantly, why would a stud like Machado sign with Baltimore? 

They should have traded Machado 87 games ago (ie, in the offseason).

Were the Orioles delusional enough to think they were contending this year? That team? In a division with the Yankees and Red Sox?

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 2

Trout is 3/3 with a bomb against Stripling. The rest of the Angels are 0/19 with 7 strikeouts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wallscrapers said:

Umm Is Francona the worst manager in the mlb?

I'm as frustrated about losing the win by Kluber as anyone else, but it's hard to blame that one on Francona.  Maybe he should have had Allen up sooner, but bringing in Ramirez wasn't a bad move at all.  He's been great this season actually before today.

Anyways, onto a happier note... Holy Mark Reynolds!  Picked him up today and just....  WOW!  He just hit his 2nd HR of the game.  4-4, 2 HR's, and 8 RBI's!

Another AB, another hit... and 2 more RBI's for Reynolds.

5-5, 3 Runs, 2 HR's, 10 RBI's...

Edited by KilloWertz

8 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Another AB, another hit... and 2 more RBI's for Reynolds.

5-5, 3 Runs, 2 HR's, 10 RBI's...

I would say DFS player of the day

3 minutes ago, beauso79 said:

I would say DFS player of the day

I think he beat everybody else out by                                           that much.... :)

His performance tonight could end up making him the DFS player of the year really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

Machado is a free agent in a few months and has made it clear he is not going to re-sign with the O's and they are the worst team in baseball and so they damn well better trade him for some young players/prospects. He is their only player that can give them a leg up on their re-build.  If they don't trade him he walks at the end of the season and they have nada for him.

Even if the O's wanted to sign him and he was open to their offer they could compete with the big boys.  Especially the Phillies who have a TONS of free money and are way under the luxury tax cap and have made it clear they are going all in for him.

The Yankees were the favorites but Didi and Andujar are doing just fine for them and they need pitching way more and are still interested some in Harper.  Not that they won't kick the tires as will the Dodgers and Braves and Cubs etc etc etc.  It will start a bidding war to the point he could end up with one of the highest mega multi-year deals in baseball history.   That's why the Phillies are the favorites right now because of their assets and no luxury tax worries. 

Meanwhile the O's blew all their money on that mega multi-year deal to re-sign Chris Davis, haha.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

I had Mark Reynolds in a DFS lineup with Wil Myers and changed it because I didn't want to put Reynolds in so many lineups ..... 

tenor.gif

Sigh.. the first time I bench Myers this week he goes off. 

I am benching him because of the roto blurb before the game "Myers is hitting .133/.381/.133 with zero home runs and one RBI against Ray in his career, and is posting a .480 OPS against left-handed pitching this season." with 2/5 star matchup rating 

I won't believe it anymore

This Dbacks games is taking FOREVER...

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, ctrlsoul said:

Sigh.. the first time I bench Myers this week he goes off. 

I am benching him because of the roto blurb before the game "Myers is hitting .133/.381/.133 with zero home runs and one RBI against Ray in his career, and is posting a .480 OPS against left-handed pitching this season." with 2/5 star matchup rating 

I won't believe it anymore

He was 2/15 with 8 Ks and 6 BBs - however - he was a hot right handed hitter against a left handed pitcher in a 'hitters' park (I don't know if post-humidor is still as hitter friendly, but I still think of it as such)

And, even if you sit someone and they perform, it doesn't mean sitting them was necessarily the 'wrong' move