Fenamo

Kyle Tucker 2018 Outlook

Too many players on the wire for me to hold this guy.

No denying the talent, but I don’t think he’s ready to help this year.

Edited by DemOrioles

SSS but his walk and K rates are acceptable.  Doesn't seem hopeless. 

He might turn in a great half-season, he might need more seasoning; it's 50/50.  But either way, it's waaaaaay too soon to tell. We all know how baseball works, and even Mike Trout goes through way longer periods of suckage than this every season. Go through any star's game logs and you'll find a streak of games like this, and more. Tucker's just came at the start of his career when y'all were all excited so it's more noticeable. Tucker's also especially susceptible because he's starting a new level, and the top level. You either gotta be down to wait it out longer, or you decide you can't afford the risk/reward scenario.

Edited by dmac88

He should not be cut in a dynasty/keeper format, but I would have no problem cutting him in a 10/12 team redraft league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sngehl01 said:

He should not be cut in a dynasty/keeper format, but I would have no problem cutting him in a 10/12 team redraft league. 

Agreed.  Can always pick him up if he gets hot.

3 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Agreed.  Can always pick him up if he gets hot.

It’s a good thing no one else will have that idea. ? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dmac88 said:

He might turn in a great half-season, he might need more seasoning; it's 50/50.  But either way, it's waaaaaay too soon to tell. We all know how baseball works, and even Mike Trout goes through way longer periods of suckage than this every season. Go through any star's game logs and you'll find a streak of games like this, and more. Tucker's just came at the start of his career when y'all were all excited so it's more noticeable. Tucker's also especially susceptible because he's starting a new level, and the top level. You either gotta be down to wait it out longer, or you decide you can't afford the risk/reward scenario.

It is way too early.  Which is why I would also never reference the greatest player in the game, or any other current star, as hope for a slump.  I won't treat the slump of a player brand new to the MLB level the same way I would with a Trout, Goldy, JoRam.  It isn't that their slumps aren't noticeable, it is just that people (usually rightfully) assume they will get out of it because they have proven track records at this level.  That's not to say Tucker won't figure it out, but mentioning people like Trout is just....come on....

I've read Tucker was good against LHP in the minors.  So should owners expect him to start versus the majority of lefty pitching the rest of this season? 

9 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

I've read Tucker was good against LHP in the minors.  So should owners expect him to start versus the majority of lefty pitching the rest of this season? 

I would assume yes.

10 hours ago, Magnus88 said:

One to two more weeks of struggling and I've gotta drop.  And underlying stats in Tucker's favor?

His K and walk rates aren't bad.    I wouldn't drop now.  Two weeks is reasonable.

J.D. Davis now in the mix for ABs versus left handed pitchers.  Gonzales in left field today.

Two games in Coloardo this week.  Regardless Tucker to my bench.  

• Like 1

Monday night on PBS at 9:00pmEST 

Ted Williams American Master 

they are using Kyle Tucker ... to portrait Ted Williams 

Go Kyle

On 7/18/2018 at 11:41 AM, ToO_BaD said:

It is way too early.  Which is why I would also never reference the greatest player in the game, or any other current star, as hope for a slump.  I won't treat the slump of a player brand new to the MLB level the same way I would with a Trout, Goldy, JoRam.  It isn't that their slumps aren't noticeable, it is just that people (usually rightfully) assume they will get out of it because they have proven track records at this level.  That's not to say Tucker won't figure it out, but mentioning people like Trout is just....come on....

You're missing the point, which included intentional hyperbole. The point is that EVERY player has a slump like Tucker has had, whether it be Luke Maile or Mike Trout. Of course he's not a Mike Trout, but he's also not a Luke Maile. Basic statistics tells us that random variation and sample size mean we literally know nothing at this point, and any decisions made (whether they end up being correct or incorrect in hindsight) are as premature as it gets.

Edited by dmac88

Reminds me of everyone freaking out when Bregman sucked when he reached the majors.

I'm thankful the guy who dropped him in my keeper league. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Watermock said:

Reminds me of everyone freaking out when Bregman sucked when he reached the majors.

I was just thinking about Bregman in the context of Tucker. Bregman was ice cold for MUCH longer than this.

1 hour ago, Watermock said:

was it your dynasty league ... ? 

41 minutes ago, dmac88 said:

I was just thinking about Bregman in the context of Tucker. Bregman was ice cold for MUCH longer than this.

Bregman was horrible for his first 10 games 

• Confused 1