phatrat

Waiver Wire - Streaming Options - Week 15

A reminder that this is meant to tout players you may find on the WW that you feel other owners should consider - but it's not meant for Bench Coach discussion (who to drop for 'em, owner's lineup decisions, etc. - that's for the Bench Coach Forum), as per the FBB Posting Rules. So, please no BC questions - if it provides general information that all can use, it's fair game. Again, this isn't a thread to ask about players in your league - it's to tout potential WW players. If you believe a guy is worth *consideration*, post away.

As for your touts, there are no specifics - but as a guide, as we're talking the WW, feel free to look at the CBS/Yahoo/ESPN ownership rates - it will give a great idea if a guy is really a WW tout or not. As the WW varies, if you have deep league touts, feel free to post - qualifying them for deep leagues has helped in the past. Also, you can stipulate if you think it's a great 1-week play, a streamer, a great long-term play, or whatever...

• Like 1

I picked up schoop... 8 games all in baltimore and he is starting to get hits.

my pitching has completely crapped the bed. any high upside guys out there to look at?  i had to drop Hendricks, Weaver and Salazaar never came back. Let's hear them!

• Like 1

anyone knows if Hector Velazquez has 2 starts this week?

Andrew Toles is getting the call up with Puig on the shelf.

15 hours ago, illasakhil said:

I picked up schoop... 8 games all in baltimore and he is starting to get hits.

4/8 today during the doubleheader. Power hopefully comes back soon. Might end up being more than streamer. 

Could Wade Miley be a decent pickup for deeper leagues? will be starting tomorrow and is only 1% owned in yahoo

On 7/10/2018 at 1:25 AM, weisberg26 said:

4/8 today during the doubleheader. Power hopefully comes back soon. Might end up being more than streamer. 

2/5 with a double and rbi as well yesterday.... LETS KEEP IT ROLLING!!!

Eduardo Rodriguez pitched well Monday, hopefully it continues Saturday. 10 wins is certainly impressive. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, inmybag said:

Eduardo Rodriguez pitched well Monday, hopefully it continues Saturday. 10 wins is certainly impressive. 

He should not be on the waiver..

Back to the topic, we should keep an eye on Felix Pena. He's done well the last few games.

Edited by fingy
  • Like 1

Austin Voth getting the call up to start tomorrow - anyone know anything about him? I'm gonna stream him I think

8 hours ago, richg24 said:

Austin Voth getting the call up to start tomorrow - anyone know anything about him? I'm gonna stream him I think

Nothing here in the forums. Dude doesn't even have a MILB profile outlook. I'm giving him a shot in a league where my ERA and WHIP are already shot this week due to other SPs being unkind to me already.

13 hours ago, richg24 said:

It’s been a pretty rough week for some pitchers, so why not at this point lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, street sharks said:

Keep an eye on Jake Cave (OF, MIN) in deeper leagues...

Waited a week or so too long as he's been a counting stats monster of late, but still picked him up this morning.  Hopefully he keeps rolling for a little while at least.

He wasn't doing anything special in AAA, but he's hot, so he's definitely rosterable right now.

The sharks seem to be in on the shark tonight. Why is that? Anyone streaming samardzija?

4 minutes ago, Dylanfan66 said:

Is there a list of probable starters out yet for Friday through sunday?

Posted (edited)

Gohara is expected to start against MIA on Tuesday. This also lines him up for a two-start week the following week vs MIA and @NYM - the two worst teams against LHP for three starts in a row.

If Max Fried should get the start instead, the same goes for him (LHP).

Edited by MireLurker

58 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

Gohara is expected to start against MIA on Tuesday. This also lines him up for a two-start week the following week vs MIA and @NYM - the two worst teams against LHP for three starts in a row.

but he's been awful? 

1 hour ago, midlip said:

but he's been awful? 

Meh, for deeper leagues I suppose. Pitching depth has been trash this year, so you could potentially get 3 QS, some nice Ks and a couple Ws.