BetterCallHinkie

Jamal Murray 2018-2019 Season Outlook

ESPN should give him an SG eligibility then. This team will be a disaster once IT and Barton comes back.

• Like 1

Murray isn't a point guard. He's more of a shooting guard. Malone may just want to see who's the better guard to run with the starters I guess.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

Morris in 11 minutes so far: 0/1 shooting, 1 assist and 1 foul. You’re a genius Malone!!!

I dont think that was the point of the move though

• Like 1

Wow gets benched and learns to shoot 3s again. Malone is a genius in disguise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Murray needs a full-time PG so he can focus on shooting off-ball. What if they use a 3-guard line up of Morris-Murray-Harris with Garris at the 3? Millsap slides over to 4. Are they going to be too small?

• Like 1

So apparently he was benched for disciplinary reasons and this isn't a permanent thing.

Everyone take a deep breath now.

1 hour ago, ellejamil said:

Murray needs a full-time PG so he can focus on shooting off-ball. What if they use a 3-guard line up of Morris-Murray-Harris with Garris at the 3? Millsap slides over to 4. Are they going to be too small?

Millsap is forever 4.

2 hours ago, csklmf said:

They don't have any issues having him as PG for such a long time. And all of a sudden there is issue today. Doesn't make sense. 

I don't mind if jamal Murray is able to bring similar number with higher efficiency but I highly doubt it. 

Nothing wrong with him because he is playing JJ Reddick's role in Philly. Actually I don't mind him playing the sixth man role where he can shoot at will.

Why did you draft Murray?    Starter or not, he keeps producing in categories he was drafted: PTS, 3pm, %s, stls  with some blocks and assists.   He is not your  typical  PG.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2018 at 1:26 AM, Gile Pile said:

Why did you draft Murray?    Starter or not, he keeps producing in categories he was drafted: PTS, 3pm, %s, stls  with some blocks and assists.   He is not your  typical  PG.

He has been under-performing thus far.

16 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

He has been under-performing thus far.

So you think he is underperforming this year?

The only stats that are down compared to last year are:  FG% (44.2% vs 45.1%) and 3PM (1.4 vs 2). 

Blocks, steals and TO are the same as  last year, every other category is better than last year (reb, FT%, ast, pts).

I don't think he is undeperforming, he is basically the same player he was last year.

What numbers do you expect from him, so he can start performing?

12 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So you think he is underperforming this year?

The only stats that are down compared to last year are:  FG% (44.2% vs 45.1%) and 3PM (1.4 vs 2). 

Blocks, steals and TO are the same as  last year, every other category is better than last year (reb, FT%, ast, pts).

I don't think he is undeperforming, he is basically the same player he was last year.

What numbers do you expect from him, so he can start performing?

Do you follow rankings? 

Do you know what his current rank is compared to his adp and especially his pre season hype? 

He is also playing more mins this year. A full 2 mins per game more yet he hasn't improved much. He was drafted for his 3s and scoring and thus far he is disappointing given his top 40 projections. No one drafted him thinking he'll do the same as last year. 

Edited by HotSauce24

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Do you follow rankings? 

Do you know what his current rank is compared to his adp and especially his pre season hype? 

I do,  ranked 79 in 9-cat on BBM. Last year he was 60 for the season.

But I do not judge player based on rankings (each site has its own methodology, there is no exact science), I do judge players based on numbers they produce.

Based on last year stats he was 5th round player.   And that is exactly where I was targeting him. I got him in only one league at 59th, so he is doing just fine for me this year.  

I prefer to let others reach for the players based on preseason hype.   I like boring players,  like Ingles and P.J. Tucker

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I do,  ranked 79 in 9-cat on BBM. Last year he was 60 for the season.

But I do not judge player based on rankings (each site has its own methodology, there is no exact science), I do judge players based on numbers they produce.

Based on last year stats he was 5th round player.   And that is exactly where I was targeting him. I got him in only one league at 59th, so he is doing just fine for me this year.  

I prefer to let others reach for the players based on preseason hype.   I like boring players,  like Ingles and P.J. Tucker

Did you read my edits? 

Going into this season, he was expected to be in the top 40-50 by most. 

Just because you got him 59th doesn't mean this isn't true. Your anecdote doesn't disprove the fact that his projections were higher. 

His numbers also are not up to par and imo, they will continue to be or even slide with Barton back. This is troubling for a player who was expected to make a leap this year. 

Frustrating but give him time to get rolling into the season. In his short career he's been a slow starter