INF: Matt Carpenter, Cardinals
INF/OF: Max Muncy, Dodgers
SS: Trea Turner, Nationals

^ Player Ballot-elected
* Choice of MLB
@ Inactive

• Like 1

No Snell no Paxton.

Berrios, Happ, Jimenez, Moreland, Choo all on the team. Who the f--- chose the AL reserves?

• Like 5

Four of the five you mentioned are the only representatives of their teams. Snell couldn't have replaced Jimenez, for example; it would have to be another Tiger.

Yea I'd take out Jimenez and Happ and add Snell and Paxton.  Every team gets 1 guy though.

The selectors are noted in the bottom Key.

Edited by STLSU

Not that anyone cares.  But I’m not even sniffing watching this game.  If teams want to punt their seasons away that’s fine, but do away with the one rep rule.  Nobody in Detroit is going to tune into just to watch some mediocre middle reliever maybe toss his one mediocre inning.  And if you really want a Tiger get Nick Castellanos on the team.  Furthermore a .213, .630 OPS catcher made the AL team who missed a month.  If that’s not bad enough a guy with a 4.40 ERA who just tossed BP yesterday made the AL team.  And how the f*** is Benintendi not on this team?  God this AL team was probably the worst constructed of all time.  And yes, I’m aware some of these guys will be injury fill ins but these rosters still blow.  ENOUGH ONE PER TEAM RULE.  

• Like 6

There's always few players who will get added due to a few bowing out for whatever reason. Snell should be one of first to get invited.

2 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

How many of the "final vote candidates" make it in?

Believe it's historically been 1 from fan voting.

31 minutes ago, cs3 said:

No Snell no Paxton.

Berrios, Happ, Jimenez, Moreland, Choo all on the team. Who the f--- chose the AL reserves?

Managers have no power now and teams have to have one guy. 

I laugh at Jimenez over Cas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

No Snell no Paxton.

1 hour ago, Hanghow said:

Four of the five you mentioned are the only representatives of their teams. Snell couldn't have replaced Jimenez, for example; it would have to be another Tiger.

What he said.  As for Moreland, who outside of Abreu who is starting would be the other 1B?  Maybe Healy but his average is not all that great and Moreland has equivalent enough stats and is a gold glover.  Abreu will probably play the lion's share of the game though. 

And Choo has the stats this season to back up his choice; just not the token Ranger per se.  Not that Rosario and Benintendi (edited to add, also Castellanos) aren't both equally worthy to being in the OF.  The AL may be poor at 1B but rich in outfielders though I think Rosario should have been selected over Springer freeing up a SP slot for either Paxton or Snell but the Houston manager got his guy Springer in instead.

I'm sure Paxton and Snell will get in as others bow out.  And maybe a few others as well.  Chapman may be on the DL and they go with another SP instead of another reliever say.

NL?  I can't imagine Trea Turner not making the roster even if he loses the vote because his speed would be a very good boost to the NL.  Aguilar (hit 2 more homers tonight to reach 22) and Max Muncy should find there way on that NL roster somehow.  They are former journeymen having major breakouts that need to be highlighted and great feel good stories for baseball's image.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 5

All Star voting continues to be a middle school election. Popular players who have no business being there on the team because of popularity. 

The small names that got snubbed probably lost out on cash from their contracts for not making it. 

I like the AL in a sweep in a series of any length.  That NL team is one of the worst collection of all-stars that I have ever seen. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Yes I realize that.

It reinforces just how stupid MLB is.

At least one player per team is the most idiotic rule ever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

All Star voting continues to be a middle school election. Popular players who have no business being there on the team because of popularity. 

The small names that got snubbed probably lost out on cash from their contracts for not making it. 

Votto over Aguilar and Muncy is a good example of this.  Same with Contreras and Posey over Realmuto.  NL has to carry 3 Catchers because the players and fans chose the wrong catcher and MLB had to designate Realmuto as the Marlins rep.

At least Stripling should get a spot if Nola and Corbin make their scheduled starts on Sunday.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thefamily79 said:

I like the AL in a sweep in a series of any length.  That NL team is one of the worst collection of all-stars that I have ever seen. 

o cmon

nick markakis is a LEGEND

• Haha 1

Jason Varitek had a .218 average as an all star I think.  That's the lowest I found.

Bryce Harper should absolutely do the HR derby - messing up his swing might be a good thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Everyone is going to say someone got snubbed. It will always be like that every All Star game.

No one really cares about this game, at least I haven't met anyone who does, but when a game that is supposed to reward supposed excellence gives a slot to Salvador Perez, whose OPS is creeping toward the .500s, and rejects Blake Snell, who is having a Cy Young-caliber season, then that makes it even more of a joke.  

• Like 1

Looks like Blake Snell spent the whole night on Twitter liking all the tweets about how he was snubbed (@snellzilla11). Love his talent, but he's always been a bit sensitive.

Edited by absknicks
  • Like 2