Jaw1

Targets in Rounds 4-7

Posted (edited)

Who are you looking to target in Rounds 4, 5, 6 and 7? This is the part of the draft where things start to open up some as the studs and most of the guys without serious question marks are gone but these rounds are important to filling out your starting lineup. Maybe since its early still and preseason hasn't shed light on potential usage patterns yet but there isn't anybody who screams out to me in these rounds. Who do you like and why? Those of you who go early QB when do you start to think about making the plunge? 

I don't want to restrict the discussion but answers should specify league size and scoring type. 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

Lamar Miller will be on all my teams. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I only play in PPR leagues and Jarvis Landry in the 5th and Rex Burkhead in the 7th both seem like steals to me. Looking at ADP I also like Ertz and Demaryius Thomas in the 4th and Kerryon Johnson in the 6th provided the Lions cut Abdullah as expected.

I think ADP's around this area will do a lot of jumping and falling during training camp.  Especially with rookie RB's when we find out if they're starting or not.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Yeah he is criminally underrated as a 3 down back in that offense. I'm not a big college guy so I'm not too comfortable with any of the rookies that are going in this area. They should gain hype as the season gets closer which should make him potentially even a bigger steal although I guess we'll also have to see where Foreman is at once he returns (I've heard everything from he'll be ready week 1 to he'll start the season on PUP list). My only fear is that I get too cute and with his late ADP I think I can hold off picking him another round and he gets snatched up. 

3 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Yeah he is criminally underrated as a 3 down back in that offense. I'm not a big college guy so I'm not too comfortable with any of the rookies that are going in this area. They should gain hype as the season gets closer which should make him potentially even a bigger steal although I guess we'll also have to see where Foreman is at once he returns (I've heard everything from he'll be ready week 1 to he'll start the season on PUP list). My only fear is that I get too cute and with his late ADP I think I can hold off picking him another round and he gets snatched up. 

Foreman suffered the worst possible injury for an RB. I agree with DMB.

Trends I’ve noticed in the past two weeks: Fuller’s ADP is significantly on the rise, and I’m none too happy about it. And Watkins is not on the rise, and although he’s failed to produce significantly in the NFL, his ADP is more than reasonable right now.

main league - 12 team ppr, high octane bonus ...

Watkins, Miller, Olsen, Dion, Thompson, Parker ... to name a handful or so.  

47 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's toss Ingram, Fuller, Edelman and Agholor up in here to make an even sawbuck. 

edit was not available for my op :unsure:

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Parker burned me hard last year. I'm on the fence.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Parker burned me hard last year. I'm on the fence.

I'm usually scrambling for RBs at this point but DeVante Parker and Corey Davis are two guys going in the later portion of this range who have the prototypical WR size, the high draft pick pedigree and project to be the clear #1 WR on their teams. Their upside is hard to ignore especially since there are no sure things this late. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I'm usually scrambling for RBs at this point but DeVante Parker and Corey Davis are two guys going in the later portion of this range who have the prototypical WR size, the high draft pick pedigree and project to be the clear #1 WR on their teams. Their upside is hard to ignore especially since there are no sure things this late. 

Parker is going late enough to take a chance for sure.

I'll pass on Davis in the 5th-6th though.

I would love to land both Michel and Burkhead in rounds 5-6 and lockup the Pats backfield.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I would love to land both Michel and Burkhead in rounds 5-6 and lockup the Pats backfield.

This sounds like an awful idea. 

Pats backfield is too unpredictable. Hill or White could end up leading it in fantasy points for all we know.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 9:12 PM, dmb3684 said:

I'm sitting here in middle round 6, sell me more on miller 

Edited by Savatage79

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

I'm sitting here in middle round 6, sell me more on miller 

His ADP his begining of the 4th. He'll be gone by then.

4-7 in PPR (recent mock)

Tate

Miller

Crabtree

Burkhead

• Like 1

Derrick Henry

I like Emanuel Sanders a lot. He goes in the 7th and later a lot for some reason.

Trey Burton and K Rudolph aren't bad dart throws in the 6-7 range. It's not that I like TEs this early but these two have more upside than most and the RB and WR options are pretty crappy around 6-7.

I like Chubb, K Johnson (in ppr especially) and CJ Anderson too but they usually go in the 7-10 range.

• Like 1

[Nope, we're not going to do the "McCoy: did he or didn't he" thing in here, either.  "An athlete who has off the field problems that could lead to a suspension might be a draft day value" is so obvious that it goes without saying, but we don't know the particulars of the situation enough to meaningfully speculate on how much time if any he'll miss, so let's all just note that LeSean McCoy exists, plays football, and is in an unknown amount of disciplinary and possibly legal jeopardy at this time and leave it at that.]

Diggs in the 4th is going to be on a lot of titleists, I deem.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TPowell said:

4-7 in PPR (recent mock)

Tate

Miller

Crabtree

Burkhead

I will heavily target those guys along with the discounted suspended Ingram & Edelman.

Why people saying Burkhead? Sony Michel was drafted in the 1st and extremely talented. If anything I’d rather take a chance on him.They signed Jeremy Hill and still have white there. I don’t see how burkhead will produce fantasy points 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Why people saying Burkhead? Sony Michel was drafted in the 1st and extremely talented. If anything I’d rather take a chance on him.They signed Jeremy Hill and still have white there. I don’t see how burkhead will produce fantasy points 

The short answer is that Burkhead checks all the boxes. Great receiver, pass protector, goal line guy and last but not least Belichick trusts him.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Naboo said:

The short answer is that Burkhead checks all the boxes. Great receiver, pass protector, goal line guy and last but not least Belichick trusts him.

And does iirc or can/will play special teams freeing up a possible valuable spot to dress a extra db vs a passing team or lb vs a running team etc...

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

It isn't like Burkhead is costing you much. I think its a low risk move that could have high upside. Even with Dion Lewis putting up borderline RB1 numbers Burkhead was able to carve out a solid role and put up decent numbers. Burkhead is also allegedly the favorite to begin the year as the GL back which alone would more than justify his current price. Michel is extremely talented but its unclear if Belicheck will turn him loose day 1 when they have competent options elsewhere. Additionally, one of the knocks on Michel is he has had fumbling issues which if they occur can easily get him sat and gives Burkhead an immense opportunity. There were also some rumors of Michel having a slight knee issue which if true could lead to Pats taking it easy on him at least early on. 

• Like 1