Jaw1

Targets in Rounds 4-7

6 minutes ago, turner46 said:

I'm likely owning DT lots of places this year, Thielan 8th in the NFL last year in targets, DT 10th, DT now has Thielan's QB and is a upgrade over his awful QB'S.

Do you think that ESanders is a better fit for Keenum (than DT) considering how he lines up and how his usage parallels Thielen’s usage, or do you see Keenum modifying his successful formula from last season with a new coaching staff/team?

3 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Do you think that ESanders is a better fit for Keenum (than DT) considering how he lines up and how his usage parallels Thielen’s usage, or do you see Keenum modifying his successful formula from last season with a new coaching staff/team?

You beat me to it.  I don't see how DT and Adam Thielen relate to each other.  Sanders would probably benefit more from the change, but then again that probably has more to do with the offensive coordinator not the Quarterback.

Just now, cohenstantinople said:

As of now I'd bet on DT. Thielan played 43.1% of snaps in the slot. DT only played 10.8 while Sanders played 13.6% I guess I will have to wait and hear about training camp but thanks for bringing that up, whoever man's the slot more is the one I want.

15 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Also Thielen was 3rd in the NFL with 32% of his teams 3rd down targets while DT was 11th with 24%. I think DT is more like Thielen then Sanders but it is a totally different offense for Keenum so the slot aspect I brought up earlier may not be that valid.

12 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

You beat me to it.  I don't see how DT and Adam Thielen relate to each other.  Sanders would probably benefit more from the change, but then again that probably has more to do with the offensive coordinator not the Quarterback.

Agree that it is a new offensive coordinator for Keenum so my quick take on this situation needs to be put on hold until I hear news from training camp/pre season.

18 minutes ago, turner46 said:

As of now I'd bet on DT. Thielan played 43.1% of snaps in the slot. DT only played 10.8 while Sanders played 13.6% I guess I will have to wait and hear about training camp but thanks for bringing that up, whoever man's the slot more is the one I want.

22 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

I think, in part, predicting Keenum’s slot machine comes down to rookie usage / distribution, and that’s something we won’t see until August. Which rookie will emerge as the #3? If it’s Sutton, I see Sanders in the slot and his usage paralleling Thielen to some extent. If Hamilton emerges as Denver’s #3 WR, I think we might find him in the slot often and Sanders outside... this is what I’m looking for in August. My two cents.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taobball said:

I miffed the vocab a bit, but here’s his top 101 profile which is available I’d you search PFFs top 101

Despite languishing on the practice squad as late as mid-September this past season, Alex Collinshad a breakout year for the Baltimore Ravens and had the highest pure rushing score of any back at 89.7. Collins averaged 3.0 yards per carry after contact, breaking 34 tackles on 212 carries. He was a weaker player in the pass game, but those carries were spectacular.

PFF Elite Stat: Among the 53 running backs with at least 81 attempts in 2017, Collins ranked 10th in PFF’s elusive rating at 55.7

I’m guessing pure rushing score in this context means that every RB graded above did so because of their work in the Pass. If you ignore all plays where a back was a designed runner, Collins had the highest grade. That’s my interpretation

Regardless of how you view the pure rush score. Averaging 3.0 after contact is extremely impressive, plus like others have stated his line was very banged up. Yanda is one of the best guards in the league. 

If my memory is correct Harbough has always liked using one primary back for the most part. Rice was the #1 for years, and he’s been wanting Dixon to be the guy but that hasn’t happened yet so he was forced to use a committee of less talented guys such as Allen/West. Then Collins burst onto the scene last year and they rode him to near playoff birth, with an awful passing attack and banged up line. This all lines up for Collins to have great year in my opinion. 

Edited by Breesus