Sign in to follow this  
greeny

Who will be the best player from the 2018 draft?

Who will be the best player from the 2018 draft?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the best player from the 2018 draft?

• DeAndre Ayton
    • Marvin Bagley III
    • Luka Doncic
    • Jaren Jackson Jr.
    • Trae Young
    • Mo Bamba
    • Other

Posted (edited)

Who do you think will end up being the best player from the 2018 NBA Draft?

Edited by greeny

Probably Doncic but I hope it’s trae young 

• Like 1

^^yes, carter is good.  reminds me of taj gibson but better

For me it’s between Doncic and Ayton, with JJJ as a dark horse. Doncic scares me a bit coming from Euroleague, but I think I have to give him the edge over Ayton. I’m a little surprised to see no Ayton votes yet. 

JJJ.  Kevin Garnett upside with the ability and willingness to play D.  Very fantasy-friendly game too with the blocks and 3pm.

Probably Luka but then runner up is JJJ. Players like Mo Bamba & Bagley are stuck in organizations that are subpar. Kings & Magic didn't lack talent but made questionable management mistakes that may hurt player development.

Love Trae Young’s range and passing abilities. Yes he needs to get bigger and needs to improve on D, but those things will come with time/effort (which I think he’ll put in). He’ll have to find ways to get his shot up without just throwing it up, but I think he won’t press as much as he gets more comfortable. Doncic and Ayton probably have safer floors (and both are incredibly talented), but in today’s game, Young has the foundation to be a star. I think he’ll find a way to reach that potential, so I vote for him. 

38 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

your user name makes me think of taco bell

That's because I'm an incredibly complex advertisement bot. The forum just hasn't caught on to the subliminal messages about tacos I embed in every post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^ Agreed. Mitchell Robinson is putting up amazing numbers in summer league. 6 blocks today. The Knicks have some good young talent. 

Edited by greeny

On 7/9/2018 at 3:18 AM, El_Chingon said:

JJJ.  Kevin Garnett upside with the ability and willingness to play D.  Very fantasy-friendly game too with the blocks and 3pm.

Agreed.

Perfect player for this current "small ball" style in NBA.

If we're talking Fantasy, JJJ, as of right now, would be the best of the bunch for this season.

1/1/1 guy with possible C-eligibility that can probably be scooped up in the later rounds is fascinating

• Like 1

Ayton will have the more immediate impact because he can get a double double in his sleep and in line to play 30mpg from the get go, however, JJJ looks like the better fantasy player among the 2. 3s, blocks, good ft. The only thing holding him back is Memphis system, I cannot remember the last time Memphis was able to develop a rookie, maybe last time was Mike Conley. To their credit though, they haven't picked this high in the draft for a while too.

JJJ is a perfect fit with Marc Gasol too if they will give him the minutes.

Doncic not playing in summer league will push him down in some draft boards, which is good for people who know how good this guy is

On 7/13/2018 at 12:17 AM, lavester1906 said:

I don't know about being the best player in the draft, but Mitchell Robinson might be the steal of the draft...time will tell...

He has already achieved fantasy sleeper status and I'll be targeting him at the end of all my drafts. 

As for the best player, for me it's a tossup between Ayton and Doncic.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:53 AM, greatestmetfan said:

I'm gonna let my Knicks bias get in the way here and say Kevin Knox

I don’t even have Knicks bias, Kevin Knox has just looked good. Dudes explosive af, got good size, can fill it up. As long as Fiz gives him 20-25 mins a night I think he could ball out 

2 hours ago, Auction>Snake said:

JJJ 7 blocks today, it's between him & Doncic 

JJJ has looked great in Summer League. He’s got range, blocks, rebounds, and more. Dude is gonna be a good one. 

• Thanks 1

Tough choice for #1 pick in a dynasty draft. I’d lean Doncic but it’s hard to say without seeing him in Summer League. Ayton has looked good, but not outstanding. JJJ, Mitchell Robinson, Wendell Carter, and Knox have gotten my attention. I haven’t been impressed with Trae, but I’ve heard the Atlanta coaching staff likes that he can create his own shots, even if they haven’t been very accurate. 

Just now, hipriest69 said:

Anyone in the way of Mitchell Robinson from big minutes?

Kanter and Noah.  Even if both are healthy Mitchell should still end up with 20 min/game.  

Knox has looked good but even if he scores well on offense (say 15ppg) I'm not sure his peripheral stats will be good enough to make him rosterable in 12+ team leagues.