jay14bay

Brook Lopez 2018-2018 Season Outlook

Assuming he is locked into the starting role in MIL, what do you anticipate?

What a roller coaster last year was in LA, I can't imagine this year is worse.

For now I will assume that Parker plays elsewhere. 

BLo will have to compete for touches with Giannis, Bledsoe and Middleton and will also have guys like Henson and Thon looking for PT.  However, he can still be pretty useful for fantasy getting 28MPG with good %'s BLK, and 3PM from the C position.  I'm assuming he won't get jerked around like he did in LA.  He could definitely post top 60 fantasy #'s. 

I don’t get why he signed here unless he got tires of being a spot up shooter in LA. Bledsoe and Giannis take must if the shots. Giannis doesn’t shoots threes so Brook clogs up the lanes, and he doesn’t get boards. I suspect a time share of 10/5. 49%.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I don’t get why he signed here unless he got tires of being a spot up shooter in LA. Bledsoe and Giannis take must if the shots. Giannis doesn’t shoots threes so Brook clogs up the lanes, and he doesn’t get boards. I suspect a time share of 10/5. 49%.

Really? His situation in LA was untenable.  It’s not going to be much better here but I don’t think he could stay in LA.  

13 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Really? His situation in LA was untenable.  It’s not going to be much better here but I don’t think he could stay in LA.  

I’m going based off the facts that the Bucks (playoff Bucks) ran much faster when Henson & Thon were engaged. Brook doesn’t do what those two bring on the defensive end.

15 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I’m going based off the facts that the Bucks (playoff Bucks) ran much faster when Henson & Thon were engaged. Brook doesn’t do what those two bring on the defensive end.

LA was also trying to play fast too and idk if he would have worked with LeBron so I think its at worst a draw.  The truth of the matter is BroLo’s skill set is anachronistic so it probably doesn’t matter much where he goes.  He extended his range to beyond the arch but he would still do better in a slow pace environment which doesn’t exist for the most part.  

The fit with MIL is questionable, but his game is extremely fantasy friendly, which is what made him relevant last year despite the LA sht-show.  He can get blocks and triples in bunches which makes him quite useful for a punt-fg% roster.  I wouldn't use him in roto.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jay14bay said:

The fit with MIL is questionable, but his game is extremely fantasy friendly, which is what made him relevant last year despite the LA sht-show.  He can get blocks and triples in bunches which makes him quite useful for a punt-fg% roster.  I wouldn't use him in roto.

He has averaged 47% fg even after adding 3pm to his arsenal. How does this force you to punt fg% in h2h and make him unusable in roto?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

He has averaged 47% fg even after adding 3pm to his arsenal. How does this force you to punt fg% in h2h and make him unusable in roto?

I didn't say it forces you to do anything, but 47% from a center is not helping you in roto or a non-punt fg% team. If you ignore fg% then his value increases greatly, which is why I said he is quite useful in that setting. To say I wouldn't use him in roto is exaggeration but I would much prefer him in H2H.

edit: Also, I expect him to shoot more this season (primarily due to increase in minutes via not getting benched the entire 4th) 

Edited by jay14bay
  • Like 1