Ddam2013

Ridiculous trade offer I'm considering

Posted (edited)

The offer is Fournette and the 2nd overall rookie pick for the 1st rookie pick but this league has some weird rules:

Format: Full PPR Dynasty league with strict Rosters with a max of 4 RBs (very important aspect for this deal), we start 1 RB and 2 RB/WR/TE so I can only start 3 backs each week. My current backs are Gurley, Zeke, Fournette and Miller plus the 2nd overall pick, (guice) but in order to draft him I would have to cut Miller. I have tried to trade miller to the rest of the league for the last month or so but the best offer I've received is a 3rd and I would rather cut him at draft than trade him for that. 

So because of the oddities of the league the offer becomes Fournette and Guice for Barkley and Miller. If anything else needs explained let me know.

Edited by Ddam2013

So after this deal you weekly starting RBs would be Gurley, Zeke and Barkley?   Yes. do it.

• Like 1

No brainer for me.

• Like 1

I would have no problem taking the Barkley side.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses I guess the offer isn't as ridicolous as I thought

Posted (edited)

If I were you I'd try to squeeze more value out of the trade with an upgrade elsewhere in your lineup since with such a strong RB core I assume you could use some help in other areas. Is it possible to maybe pickup any future picks? I wouldn't say its a bad trade since Barkley is going comfortably ahead of Fournette in redrafts but I think you are certainly leaving value on the table and when you already have someone as good as Fournette the upside that Barkley is much better isn't that big, and the downside is huge. Miller is criminally underrated this year but Guice is in a position to have a pretty good year himself and obviously in a dynasty format he has a much brighter future. Its a tough call and I'm not sure how much leverage you have (how weak is the other guys RB depth?) but I'd try to squeeze more value out with a slight upgrade elsewhere in your lineup (Like add your WR3 for his WR2 or something along those lines). 

Edited by Jaw1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

If I were you I'd try to squeeze more value out of the trade with an upgrade elsewhere in your lineup since with such a strong RB core I assume you could use some help in other areas. Is it possible to maybe pickup any future picks? I wouldn't say its a bad trade since Barkley is going comfortably ahead of Fournette in redrafts but I think you are certainly leaving value on the table and when you already have someone as good as Fournette the upside that Barkley is much better isn't that big, and the downside is huge. 

He has picks 10 and 12(my original pick) as well and I'm trying to get one of those thrown in as well. My team is pretty solid in this league my worst regular starter is Kyle Rudolph and the team I'm trading with has terrible TEs so that won't be an option in this deal

Def make that deal. Barkley is gonna gave a good rookie year. 

• Like 1

Update: accepted but got the 10th pick this year included for my 1st next year so I got a little more value out of it than the original offer. Thanks for the help everyone

• Like 4