jcedwards

Upgrade at QB or stay put? WHIR

12 team .5 PPR dynasty league with 1 pt per 3 carries

My team:

QB- Winston, Mahomes, Tyrod

RB- Kamara, Mixon, Howard, Barkley (1.01), Breida

WR- OBJ, M Thomas, Cooper, Crowder, Parker, Corey Coleman, Westbrook

TE- Eifert, Njoku, Cook

Looking at trading for Rodgers, Luck, or Brady.

Rodgers- will take more, but he is one of the top dynasty QBs going forward. Thinking of offering Winston/ Mahomes, Howard, and 2.04 for Rodgers and 3.08 (fair or way off?)

Luck- injury concerns, but early reports are that he is doing really well. I may can get him on the cheap because of his injury history, and if he does return to form, he can be a top dynasty QB going forward. Guy has him on the trading block and is asking for a late 1st/ early 2nd (have 2.04, so I thought of sending him that for Luck and 3.07 because of Luck's injury history)

Brady- probably only has a year or two left (don't believe the talk of him playing till 45), but with the rest of my roster, would you take a chance on him for this year (would offer 2.04 and maybe Tyrod)?

2.04 for Luck seems like a decent gamble. Pass on the other 2.

Rest of your team is pretty stacked. Think you will be fine regardless.

I’d make the trade of your 2nd round pick for Luck. 

Posted (edited)

Am I giving too much with the Rodgers deal?

Edited by jcedwards

With your RB depth I don't hate the Rodgers deal especially if its Winston not Mahomes. Not certain how valuable the draft picks are without knowing keeper settings. The Luck deal is attractive too since he is like 5 years younger and you keep Howard (never a bad thing to have RB depth with how many get injured). Not sure who you would be looking at with your 2.04 draft pick by staying put is definitely an option since your QBs aren't that bad and they are young. 

3 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

With your RB depth I don't hate the Rodgers deal especially if its Winston not Mahomes. Not certain how valuable the draft picks are without knowing keeper settings. The Luck deal is attractive too since he is like 5 years younger and you keep Howard (never a bad thing to have RB depth with how many get injured). Not sure who you would be looking at with your 2.04 draft pick by staying put is definitely an option since your QBs aren't that bad and they are young. 

If you knew how to read you would know the value of the picks.

4 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Yea I would offer Winston first.  And this is dynasty, so we keep our entire roster.  our draft is made up of rookies and FA's.  If I stayed at 2.04, I would be looking at Trey Burton, Kittle, Sutton, or Kirk more than likely

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Yea I would offer Winston first.  And this is dynasty, so we keep our entire roster.  our draft is made up of rookies and FA's.  If I stayed at 2.04, I would be looking at Trey Burton, Kittle, Sutton, or Kirk more than likely

Your TE position isn't the strongest so Burton wouldn't be the worst pickup but I'd probably be leaning toward making the QB move. I wouldn't say that is too much for Rodgers who should be one of the top QBs for the foreseeable future. Luck is still the better value but with Rodgers you are getting as sure of a thing as there is in fantasy football.

Edited by Jaw1

i agree with dmb in that 2.04 is a fair enough gamble for luck if that's all it will take. i would shy away from rodgers considering he will cost ya much more and a rb like howard in these settings is valuable. howard alone should be enough for rodgers. could see that if you can only start up to three rbs but you have some nice young rbs and deep

Keep you're 2nd round pick. Luck is made of glass and can't be trusted. 

12 hours ago, Packdog said:

i agree with dmb in that 2.04 is a fair enough gamble for luck if that's all it will take. i would shy away from rodgers considering he will cost ya much more and a rb like howard in these settings is valuable. howard alone should be enough for rodgers. could see that if you can only start up to three rbs but you have some nice young rbs and deep

Guess I should have specified.  We can only start up to 3 RBs.  We play 2 RBs, 2 WRs, and 1 FLEX.   So I will essentially have Barkley and Kamara at RB and OBJ and Michael Thomas at WR, so my FLEX will come down to Howard, Mixon, Cooper, and Crowder.  Right now it will probably be Howard (if I don't trade him) based on those settings, but I could slide Coop (if he bounces back) or Mixon (if he breaks out) in there and I think I would be fine. 

I guess it is a no go on Brady?  Everyone think his time is up being an elite fantasy option (not even for 1 more year)?

2 hours ago, jcedwards said:

I guess it is a no go on Brady?  Everyone think his time is up being an elite fantasy option (not even for 1 more year)?

I dont think 2.04 and Tyrod gets Brady.

Woukd depend on the offer.

34 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I dont think 2.04 and Tyrod gets Brady.

Woukd depend on the offer.

Appreciate the input.  Guess I can find out. 

Well it is a no go on Luck.  He ended up wanting a starter (didn't say who though) in addition to Luck, so I wasn't comfortable sending more for him with his injury history. 

On 7/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, Packdog said:

Sent him that offer for Rodgers and he said he may need to do the offer now with the McCoy news.  Woke up this morning to  the trade being rejected and him countering with Mahomes, Howard, AND 1.01 for Rodgers and Blount. 

1.01 and Howard are both worth more with my settings, so of course I rejected it. I told him that I would be willing to talk on my 2019 1st though depending on the package 

14 minutes ago, jcedwards said:

Sent him that offer for Rodgers and he said he may need to do the offer now with the McCoy news.  Woke up this morning to  the trade being rejected and him countering with Mahomes, Howard, AND 1.01 for Rodgers and Blount. 

1.01 and Howard are both worth more with my settings, so of course I rejected it. I told him that I would be willing to talk on my 2019 1st though depending on the package 

If that his what he offered, I wouldn't even bother talking to him.

• Like 1

Try for Luck first. For that value, he's worth the gamble.

I'd still try for Rodgers, but the offer with the 1.01 in it is a hard pass. Saquon should be off limits. I think he'll cave in to your original offer with the Shady news looking worse by the day. Keep pushing for it if you can't get Luck, but hold your ground. 

14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

If that his what he offered, I wouldn't even bother talking to him.

I sent him a message on the trade, but I didn’t even worry about countering. 

Whats funny is that he traded Bell for a complete crap package, but then this is the package he is offering me. 

2 hours ago, jcedwards said:

that counter is atrocious. make him sweat though. say too much but howard is still up for grabs if the news on mccoy doesn't change for the better any time soon

Edited by Packdog

3 hours ago, Packdog said:

that counter is atrocious. make him sweat though. say too much but howard is still up for grabs if the news on mccoy doesn't change for the better any time soon

Yea I was shocked at how bad it was.  What makes it funny is he traded Bell for Shady, Marquise Lee, and Crabtree, but then he wants all 3 of those from me.  I'll tell him that Howard is still available (if Shady does end up getting suspended), but if that is the case, he won't be getting the same package, because he will be the desperate one then. 

On 7/11/2018 at 7:37 AM, jcedwards said:

Whats funny is that he traded Bell for a complete crap package, but then this is the package he is offering me. 

Sure.  He fubared his first deal, now he's trying to make up for it.

I think I'd just move on.  If he gets desperate enough, he may come back.  I think Mahomes and Tyrod will get you by.

Return the favor?