DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Let's talk about this kid for a minute. Magic have a plethora of bigs but Jonathon Isaac showed flashes last year when healthy and is playing really well in summer league. I love what this guy brings on the defensive end. The departure of Biyombo is great for all the bigs in Orlando.. i assume Bamba will get most if not all the back-up C mins behind Vuc. That leaves Gordon and Isaac. Gordon will likely start at the 4 spot with Isaac backing him up... but do you guys see Gordon playing the 3 at all? opening up more minutes to Isaac. Last year, it really seemed like orlando wanted to get mins for this kid anytime they could. He has his injury issues but looks to be healthy now. What do yall think? His STOCKS potential is just too good to ignore right??  How many minutes do you think this kid can get on this young Orlando team?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DLove said:

Let's talk about this kid for a minute. Magic have a plethora of bigs but Jonathon Isaac showed flashes last year when healthy and is playing really well in summer league. I love what this guy brings on the defensive end. The departure of Biyombo is great for all the bigs in Orlando.. i assume Bamba will get most if not all the back-up C mins behind Vuc. That leaves Gordon and Isaac. Gordon will likely start at the 4 spot with Isaac backing him up... but do you guys see Gordon playing the 3 at all? opening up more minutes to Isaac. Last year, it really seemed like orlando wanted to get mins for this kid anytime they could. He has his injury issues but looks to be healthy now. What do yall think? His STOCKS potential is just too good to ignore right??  How many minutes do you think this kid can get on this young Orlando team?  

I don't think Gordon will ever play the 3 again because the year they tried it was a disaster. They may try to move AG if Isaac proves himself better. It's kinda unlikely though cause AG just got a decent long term contract signed.

Jonathon? We really gonna do this fine young man like that AGAIN this year?

Anyway, from what I heard on the SL broadcasts it sounds like the Magic wanna try him a bit at the 3 this year. They've been on him about working on his handles&shot, and want him to be more aggressive offensively. And it's kinda showing a bit so far in SL, but against inferior opponents obviously. He's likely still some years away from bursting onto the scene but personally I think we might have a big one here. 

Does it matter in the new "positionless" nba?  What would be prohibiting factors playing Isaac and Gordon together with either Vuc or Bamba?  Birch is probably low man on the totem pole but he flashed last year and may steal some minutes also.  

I think however it shakes out with the rotation there is a solid 22-25 min / game for him...could take a flier on in the last few rounds of the draft.  I like stocks so I'm probably targeting late.  

• Like 1

Will also be targeting him heavily... in final 1/3 of the draft.

He looked lost on offense last year. If you're drafting I wouldn't expect big offensive stats except for the occasional open 3 or put back. Absolute monster o ndefense though so if you're gonna draft him just know what you're getting.

Magic need to move Vucevic so this guy can get in and start playing the 4 regularly. I'm very high on Isaac but offensively I think he's the very definition of a project.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 11:48 AM, greatestmetfan said:

He looked lost on offense last year. If you're drafting I wouldn't expect big offensive stats except for the occasional open 3 or put back. Absolute monster o ndefense though so if you're gonna draft him just know what you're getting.

Magic need to move Vucevic so this guy can get in and start playing the 4 regularly. I'm very high on Isaac but offensively I think he's the very definition of a project.

I am a little confused. Vuc plays the 5 so moving him theoretically opens minutes for Bamba. The 4 is where Gordon has to live. We need to see if Isaac can play the 3 or if he is also destined for minutes at the 4 only. 

I am not too worried about Isaac long term. I think it is totally normal for a rookie to look lost. In this case, it happened on offense and not defense, which is where most rookies look like rookies. Also, this guy was hurt and missed so many games that there isn't too much I am taking away from his rookie year. We never got to see his game evolve or adapt because he was always hurt. I am interested to hear about what he did in the offseason and see him play in preseason. I own him in dynasty and I really like his potential. His stocks alone give him a good floor. 

On 7/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, thezing1 said:

I am a little confused. Vuc plays the 5 so moving him theoretically opens minutes for Bamba. The 4 is where Gordon has to live. We need to see if Isaac can play the 3 or if he is also destined for minutes at the 4 only. 

I am not too worried about Isaac long term. I think it is totally normal for a rookie to look lost. In this case, it happened on offense and not defense, which is where most rookies look like rookies. Also, this guy was hurt and missed so many games that there isn't too much I am taking away from his rookie year. We never got to see his game evolve or adapt because he was always hurt. I am interested to hear about what he did in the offseason and see him play in preseason. I own him in dynasty and I really like his potential. His stocks alone give him a good floor. 

I still don't see why the Magic would move Vuc.  Bamba is nowhere near ready to start. 

10 hours ago, cdd10 said:

I still don't see why the Magic would move Vuc.  Bamba is nowhere near ready to start. 

He's an unrestricted FA after this season and the Magic are going nowhere. He's a very valuable player so they can probably get a nice return instead of losing him for nothing in the off season

• Thanks 1