DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

hes not an offensive guy and dont think he will be for a while or until fournier and vuc is gone (vuc gone this year wont help him this season)

putting TRoss in the starting lineup over him makes literally zero sense

fournier - gordon - vuc are all HUGE usage hogs which makes isaac and his limited offensive game a perfect fit to play with them and Tross a terrible fit to play with them

look what Tross is doing as the 6th man, i know for fantasy yall think thatd be a possible lineup change but in real life it makes no sense for the Magic

You make solid points. Congratulations. You changed my mind.

Hoping this guy gets going sooner than later. Nobody with half his upside on my wire right now. In the McGruder thread, I said Rodney would start until I regretted leaving him in the lineup. That's happening now. With Isaac it's going to be the exact opposite approach, he can sit on the bench until it hurts to leave him there. Starting him after one game like his big one early this year (18pts-12reb or similar) is not enough in my book. It has to hurt for a few games, with good minutes and a situation that could perpetuate itself or improve... then he's welcome in the lineup. We have six man benches, so some leagues might not have this luxury.

Also wtf that block wasn't counted. One of the best blocks of the year and they screw it up. They only counted his block on Korkmaz earlier on the game, so box score only show him with one block. Hope the stat correction happens.

Edited by hoop
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

^ then they sub out Isaac right after

minutes restriction...but it is really frustrating. It is almost like these coaches don't have a concept of boosting a young player's confidence. Let's associate ridiculously awesome play on the court with an immediate benching because that is a positive association. A young dude shows zero hesitation going up against the most intimidating big man in the league and meets him at the rim is the most important takeaway. The minutes restriction will ease. He is wearing ankle braces like Steph. It is obvious what he brings to the court and we just need to patiently stash if you have that luxury and hope for good health.  

2 hours ago, SuperHans said:

I can't believe this thread is still going strong....

Dude, if you watch the kid play you kind of get why there is so much excitement around him. Guys like AK47 don't come around very often and when you see a 21 year old doing AK47 type stuff on the court you kind of have to get a little excited....but yeah, we are probably a year away from being a year away from him being elite.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperHans said:

I can't believe this thread is still going strong....

People are often too quick to move on IMO. I picked up Siakam and SGA for their potential while others lost patience, and I'm riding with the Tower of Terror. Too much upside when healthy.

14 hours ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Anyone watch the game tonight? Impressions?

He looked great defensively, knocked to the ground once or twice and got up quickly, no issue. Active on the glass and in general. Had energy cheering his teammates when he was on the bench. Physically, he looked good, healthy.

As far as offensively, not really involved at all, per usual. A drive or a three attempt here and there. Mostly everyone just tossing the ball to Vooch/AG/Fournier or doing hero ball stuff (per usual).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hoop said:

He looked great defensively, knocked to the ground once or twice and got up quickly, no issue. Active on the glass and in general. Had energy cheering his teammates when he was on the bench. Physically, he looked good, healthy.

As far as offensively, not really involved at all, per usual. A drive or a three attempt here and there. Mostly everyone just tossing the ball to Vooch/AG/Fournier or doing hero ball stuff (per usual).

Thats what I like to hear - 'active on the boards'. Hope he has a high motor too.

Sounds to me like they're grooming him to be a younger more talented version of PJ Tucker (in terms of role for now).  Play defense, hustle, energy, and hit the occasional 3. Will be more than happy if he can slide into that role and hit 3's at 35%+ 

I think he passes the eye test for sure, the issue is his role.  

He seems to do best when he is playing closer to the basket as a PF, as it's easier for him to grab boards and defend the rim. 

The situation reminds me of when the Magic themselves kept trotting out Aaron Gordon at the 3. The frontcourt was just too crowded for Gordon to really excel.  

Now the problem is also that there are so many gunners on the Magic, like Vuc, Fournier, Ross, Gordon needs his touches, and even when Bamba was out there he was shooting before Isaac.   

You can see the upside but I think he'll underperform on points/assists, probably rebounds, and %s until a trade is made. I am stashing him in the hopes that a trade of Vuc frees up more time for him closer to the basket.

Game 79

“just stick with it guys the potential is through the roof. He’s a true stock god, I know we’ve been waiting for a little bit but he’s bound to blow eventually. All the clowns who dropped him earlier on will regret it for these last 3 games of the season”

lol Gimmie a break 

• Haha 2

Cmon guys, Mike Gallagher said he would be good, so he has to be good right?!  Just like he was right about Chriss and Boban last year.  At this point you should listen to Gallagher just to do the opposite.  

1 hour ago, stinkroach said:

traded him for PJ Tucker.  Isaac is crazy talented but the ankles and playing at the 3 is wishful thinking.  Gordon is in the way.

Neither are particularly rosterable at the moment but at least Isaac has the potential to be.

16 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Neither are particularly rosterable at the moment but at least Isaac has the potential to be.

10 teamer here w 6 bench slots.  Tucker sucks but in a 4 game week I knokw Ill get 3's steals and no turnovers

Edited by stinkroach

2 hours ago, Walk with me said:

Game 79

“just stick with it guys the potential is through the roof. He’s a true stock god, I know we’ve been waiting for a little bit but he’s bound to blow eventually. All the clowns who dropped him earlier on will regret it for these last 3 games of the season”

lol Gimmie a break 

Have you read the thread? A lot of the comments are just about how he is playing. I have him in dynasty and I watch to see his potential as a player. Literally no one is on the thread projecting anything more than middle/low end production. I own him in redraft and he is a luxury stash. Sorry if you don't like it that some people like watching this kid play basketball and talk about his game and future upside. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Sometimes the hardest part is acceptance. lol

Again, I don't get what you are referencing. Do you think he is a bad player with no potential? Is he a bust? Like never ever going to be good? Or is this one line all you have to contribute to the thread?