DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

52 minutes ago, theeplaymaker said:

Thankfully this stretch was during period he was on actually on my team and not FA plug and play. Obviously not circling anymore. 

Still believe this hot streak fades and ends up back at 6 pts 6 rebs with poor FG% at some point. When and if, it will be much harder to drop after this run. 

Dudes a beast, hope it lasts. 

Anybody considering selling high? I’m getting some tempting offers but hate the thought of moving on after sitting on him all season...

fellow Issac owners - you think he can keep this up? 

I have a chance to acquire but I want to get a better understanding on his PT going forward. The STOCKS are sweet. The only thing on my end making it a bit iffy is his 2-game week for the 1st round of my playoffs

3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I have a chance to acquire but I want to get a better understanding on his PT going forward. The STOCKS are sweet. The only thing on my end making it a bit iffy is his 2-game week for the 1st round of my playoffs

This was what most of us Isaac believers were waiting for... Jonathon Simmons was traded away, giving Isaac a clear path to more minutes, and Mo Bamba also got injured, immediately upgrading Isaac to potentially the team's best long, athletic defender.

Even though the Magic have a shot at making the playoffs, they're probably better off trying to tank and develop the young guys to potentially grab a top lottery pick during a strong draft. 

Edited by SirMixalot

3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I never try to look at that playoff schedule too much when judging a player, with Simmons gone and them going on this win streak with Issac breaking through his only direction is pointing up. You just want the best possible player that best suits your teams needs statistically. And if you do that good enough you secure first or second seed to get a first week bye like I will. :) But GL

Edited by megaplayboy

22 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

I never try to look at that playoff schedule too much when judging a player, with Simmons gone and them going on this win streak with Issac breaking through his only direction is pointing up. You just want the best possible player that best suits your teams needs statistically. And if you do that good enough you secure first or second seed to get a first week bye like I will. :) But GL

Thanks for the info. 

I'm currently 1st place and seems likely I'll stay there. But we don't have byes in that league. I need to take a closer look and see what cats I can easily win

• Like 1

Kid has turned into an elite asset, the Magic are on an absolute tear lately and I think its no coincidence Isaac has played amazing during this stretch

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Kid has turned into an elite asset, the Magic are on an absolute tear lately and I think its no coincidence Isaac has played amazing during this stretch

Magic gonna be reckoned with the rest of the season and next. Finally getting it right. Smart not trading Vuc, gave away too much as it is. Gotta long athletic starting 5 team in Gordon and Isaac. Giving the Hornets the business right now..

Edited by Forever Smooth
  • Thanks 1

I am waiting when he (finally) will post a underwhelming line again, but it’s just not happening :D

keep going !!! :)

On 2/13/2019 at 6:26 PM, smeeze said:

Anybody considering selling high? I’m getting some tempting offers but hate the thought of moving on after sitting on him all season...

If you trade now then you're likely not selling high. You might be getting fleeced, I don't know the offers.

Liked Isaac's game so much recently i had to do this trade...

Traded away: Giannis, Kaminsky

Got back: Luka Doncic, Isaac, and MPJ

oh yeah..and this is a dynasty league of course.

May have bought him kinda high ...at the cost of Giannis but i like Isaac and Luka ALOT..and oh well it's all for fun and games right.

• Confused 10
  • Sad 3

I really wish the playoff schedule was better

but I cannot complain about this prod from a waiver pickup

Isaac for the win!

23 hours ago, larfboy said:

Liked Isaac's game so much recently i had to do this trade...

Traded away: Giannis, Kaminsky

Got back: Luka Doncic, Isaac, and MPJ

oh yeah..and this is a dynasty league of course.

May have bought him kinda high ...at the cost of Giannis but i like Isaac and Luka ALOT..and oh well it's all for fun and games right.

not a bad deal for you. MPJ is basically like a first round pick for rookies next year.

1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

what would be a fair trade for this guy? I don't like his playoff schedule

I would take a solid top 50 players for him. His trade value is probably not as good his true value tho since everyone knows you picked him up from waiver wire. Most GM won't give you something they drafted for a guy you picked up. 

4 hours ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

How about some love for Kid n' Play here after another solid game

MitchRob had the spotlight tonight so Isaac's performance was overshadowed.

Hopefully he has found the consistency! Great line tonight. 

man im going to have a hard time between keeping him or hield..Heild was the obviosu choice just a month ago..but imagine Isaac after another summer and expanded role next year..sheesh