DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, theeplaymaker said:

 

Thankfully this stretch was during period he was on actually on my team and not FA plug and play. Obviously not circling anymore. 

Still believe this hot streak fades and ends up back at 6 pts 6 rebs with poor FG% at some point. When and if, it will be much harder to drop after this run. 

Dudes a beast, hope it lasts. 

 

 

Anybody considering selling high? I’m getting some tempting offers but hate the thought of moving on after sitting on him all season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fellow Issac owners - you think he can keep this up? 

I have a chance to acquire but I want to get a better understanding on his PT going forward. The STOCKS are sweet. The only thing on my end making it a bit iffy is his 2-game week for the 1st round of my playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

fellow Issac owners - you think he can keep this up? 

I have a chance to acquire but I want to get a better understanding on his PT going forward. The STOCKS are sweet. The only thing on my end making it a bit iffy is his 2-game week for the 1st round of my playoffs

 

This was what most of us Isaac believers were waiting for... Jonathon Simmons was traded away, giving Isaac a clear path to more minutes, and Mo Bamba also got injured, immediately upgrading Isaac to potentially the team's best long, athletic defender.

Even though the Magic have a shot at making the playoffs, they're probably better off trying to tank and develop the young guys to potentially grab a top lottery pick during a strong draft. 

Edited by SirMixalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, squidthunder said:

fellow Issac owners - you think he can keep this up? 

I have a chance to acquire but I want to get a better understanding on his PT going forward. The STOCKS are sweet. The only thing on my end making it a bit iffy is his 2-game week for the 1st round of my playoffs

I never try to look at that playoff schedule too much when judging a player, with Simmons gone and them going on this win streak with Issac breaking through his only direction is pointing up. You just want the best possible player that best suits your teams needs statistically. And if you do that good enough you secure first or second seed to get a first week bye like I will. :) But GL

Edited by megaplayboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

I never try to look at that playoff schedule too much when judging a player, with Simmons gone and them going on this win streak with Issac breaking through his only direction is pointing up. You just want the best possible player that best suits your teams needs statistically. And if you do that good enough you secure first or second seed to get a first week bye like I will. :) But GL

Thanks for the info. 

I'm currently 1st place and seems likely I'll stay there. But we don't have byes in that league. I need to take a closer look and see what cats I can easily win

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kid has turned into an elite asset, the Magic are on an absolute tear lately and I think its no coincidence Isaac has played amazing during this stretch

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Kid has turned into an elite asset, the Magic are on an absolute tear lately and I think its no coincidence Isaac has played amazing during this stretch

Magic gonna be reckoned with the rest of the season and next. Finally getting it right. Smart not trading Vuc, gave away too much as it is. Gotta long athletic starting 5 team in Gordon and Isaac. Giving the Hornets the business right now..

Edited by Forever Smooth
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am waiting when he (finally) will post a underwhelming line again, but it’s just not happening :D

 

keep going !!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 6:26 PM, smeeze said:

Anybody considering selling high? I’m getting some tempting offers but hate the thought of moving on after sitting on him all season...

If you trade now then you're likely not selling high. You might be getting fleeced, I don't know the offers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked Isaac's game so much recently i had to do this trade...

Traded away: Giannis, Kaminsky

Got back: Luka Doncic, Isaac, and MPJ

oh yeah..and this is a dynasty league of course.

May have bought him kinda high ...at the cost of Giannis but i like Isaac and Luka ALOT..and oh well it's all for fun and games right.

  • Confused 10
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish the playoff schedule was better

but I cannot complain about this prod from a waiver pickup

Isaac for the win!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, larfboy said:

Liked Isaac's game so much recently i had to do this trade...

Traded away: Giannis, Kaminsky

Got back: Luka Doncic, Isaac, and MPJ

oh yeah..and this is a dynasty league of course.

May have bought him kinda high ...at the cost of Giannis but i like Isaac and Luka ALOT..and oh well it's all for fun and games right.

not a bad deal for you. MPJ is basically like a first round pick for rookies next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babyfaceassasin said:

what would be a fair trade for this guy? I don't like his playoff schedule

I would take a solid top 50 players for him. His trade value is probably not as good his true value tho since everyone knows you picked him up from waiver wire. Most GM won't give you something they drafted for a guy you picked up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DrFunkenstein13 said:

How about some love for Kid n' Play here after another solid game

MitchRob had the spotlight tonight so Isaac's performance was overshadowed.

Hopefully he has found the consistency! Great line tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man im going to have a hard time between keeping him or hield..Heild was the obviosu choice just a month ago..but imagine Isaac after another summer and expanded role next year..sheesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.