DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Lol ok. I've been playing since the 80's. Powell was drafted in my league. Brunson has been gone since Smith was traded. I play in leagues that use more than 100 guys so I doubt anyone will be dropping Isaac since a top 100 guy is pretty valuable in my league. i don't play Roto and our season ends one week prior to the real season ending so those last couple games where teams sit players won't have much of an effect. Yes there may be a couple guys(difference makers) jump onto the scene but no guarantee I can grab them before my league mates. I guess we just play different formats because in all my years of playing Ive never seen plenty, or as you say an astonishing amount of stud guys come out of the wood work this late in the year. We shall see and I certainly hope your right. 

Jeez since the 80s , I thought i was a fantasy OG from the andrei kirilenko days. In deep leagues it’s a totally different situation , and I do see why a top 90 player holds value in a 2 week slate considering you’re in a 16-20 team league 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RunCMC said:

 

Yup smart man , you always gotta maximize as many games as you can.  And if your dropping you should drop now so you don't use an add drop next week. This is how you win playoffs honestly, well a big part of it. 

 

 

 

Because two games is too little. It's not like your getting two games from the Joker lets say. It's Isaac, and while he's a good player hes nothing crazy.  And if he has a bad game, your totally screwed, thats like getting only 1 game out of him. He plays on Wed & Fri next week, thats a hella ugly schedule. Atleast if it was Monday you could get that 1 game from him then drop. And honestly you need to worry about winning this week, and youll cross that bridge if you make it past week 1 of playoffs. Keeping him on your squad will handcuff you and do more harm then good. Unless your league has like a weekly add drop limit of 1 or 2 , instead of the usual 4 , then that might be a little different. 

 

it seems to me like you don't have that much confidence in your core team for them to pull you through next week. you should at least wait until wed before you decide what to do with him. for all you know your team can be kicking a** up 8-1 heading into wed. where you can afford to carry him those 2 games and like someone else said you can also drop him after fridays game and stream for sat. and sun. almost like isaac would have gave you a 4 game week. idk about you but i rather check the weather out myself before reading too much into the forecast. looks like ima go without no umbrella next week and hope he smashes against a bad defensive team in the pelicans then see if he warrants a drop depending where my team is that week factoring the ww and my lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Issac is far from a player worth rostering for 2 games. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropping him first thing tomorrow morning. Starting tomorrow, he has only 3 games in the next 10 days. As a comparison, there are a whopping 10 teams that are playing 6 times during that same 10-day period.

 

If he was a Top-30 or even a Top-50 guy, sure, I'd consider holding onto him during this patch. But he's barely Top-100 in 9-cat over the last month. If he's available after this patch is over, I'll consider picking him up. But that kind of schedule makes anyone but the best players droppable.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

Dropping him first thing tomorrow morning. Starting tomorrow, he has only 3 games in the next 10 days. As a comparison, there are a whopping 10 teams that are playing 6 times during that same 10-day period.

 

If he was a Top-30 or even a Top-50 guy, sure, I'd consider holding onto him during this patch. But he's barely Top-100 in 9-cat over the last month. If he's available after this patch is over, I'll consider picking him up. But that kind of schedule makes anyone but the best players droppable.

 

I'll make a decision based on tonight's stocks. If it's 1 or less, he's done. If he balls out, I'll keep him for his 2 games then drop for someone playing a B2B next Saturday/Sunday. That still gives you 4 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Jeez since the 80s , I thought i was a fantasy OG from the andrei kirilenko days. In deep leagues it’s a totally different situation , and I do see why a top 90 player holds value in a 2 week slate considering you’re in a 16-20 team league 

Yep 12 teamer with a player pool of a 16 teamer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Stocks pls

pls god no... not tonight... playing against :D  

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant keep this production for next week sadly.  Love the guy though and am excited to see the next leap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just dropped him. As I said earlier - starting today, he has 3 games in 10 days, while 10 teams have 6 games.

 

Holding onto a player who's ranked 126th in 9-cat over the last month, and has that kind of schedule is just silly imo. But to each their own, I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys don't drop ! That finals matchup with 4 games is just too juicy to let go. Not to mention he had a big game last time vs. the pelicans. I have faith this guy will rebound after a poor performance and help me in the semi's. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daz Gervin said:

Guys don't drop ! That finals matchup with 4 games is just too juicy to let go. Not to mention he had a big game last time vs. the pelicans. I have faith this guy will rebound after a poor performance and help me in the semi's. 

You won't make it past the semis with that mentality

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isaac playing like a mad man out there blocking everything. Already with 3 blocks and hustling on the glass. Where were these stocks in the past 2 weeks? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daz Gervin said:

Isaac playing like a mad man out there blocking everything. Already with 3 blocks and hustling on the glass. Where were these stocks in the past 2 weeks? 

No doubt, It's because everyone had him benched with a 2 game week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember everyone, if he’s on your wire pick him up for Monday and Tuesday next week assuming you’re crushing your match up atm, I’m already focused on finals thanks to being up 9-0 right now lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Remember everyone, if he’s on your wire pick him up for Monday and Tuesday next week assuming you’re crushing your match up atm, I’m already focused on finals thanks to being up 9-0 right now lol

Exactly what I am doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...