DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, MarcoPol0 said:

I actually got isaac with the last pick in the draft... 156. lol hes ranked like 256

Not in Yahoo, he's not.

22 hours ago, SirMixalot said:

I grabbed him at pick 91, and I'm super excited... He looked good in Summer League physically, and I hope he's able to play a bit more of the 3 now that Orlando's likely gonna keep Gordon at the 4. That team is a mess. This dude will hopefully be a stocks monster, with some sprinkling of scoring and rebs

My biggest fear is that he turns into Anthony Randolph 2.0... Good to know there's a support group for that in this thread, in case things do go south :P

He's not Anthony Randolph. Isaac excelled in the advanced stats and metric when entering the league. Randolph did not.

Health is the question mark with him. He's he thick and strong enough for that frame? Can he absorb some knocks?

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

health is the only thing that is stopping him. even if he has a bad offensive night he will do stuff in the reb's and stocks department

Yeah, but he has alot of ballhogs around him and on yahoo you had to pick him around 90 to get him cause they ranked him much higher as of late. For that price he should also get a ton of steals and minimum around 12 pts per game on solid %s. Just for the Blocks you could have drafted a poeltl or some other big with a higher FG% much later aswell.

I have the feeling that his statlines on bad nights can be pretty ugly: 1-5 FG 6 pts 0 3s 5 Reb 1 Ast. 1 Stl. and 2 Blocks for example.... and they have alot of guys that can get hot from three who cut take minutes away if they come from behind..

he has the talent, but i don't think the team in orlando is the best fit for him to be a breakout player right away

• Like 1

I'm contemplating picking him up from the waivers in my 12 team h2h points league .... only caveat is that I have Gordon and Fournier on my roster

12 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

y'all starting him tonight?

He's in my lineup tonight - wait and see I guess

42 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

He's my odd man out for my 11 guys playing.  

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Flip flopping between him and Harry Giles. It's a busy day for fantasy NBA and I'm forced to sit 2 guys tonight.

41 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Must own in 10 team leagues? 

Yes. Upside, mins, starting job. All of us here expect breakout.

1 hour ago, Gdupm6 said:

Must own in 10 team leagues? 

For cat based leagues, yes because of his stocks potential.  For points leagues, it depends who your end of bench guys are, imo.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

For cat based leagues, yes because of his stocks potential.  For points leagues, it depends who your end of bench guys are, imo.  

Yeah in a pts league...

Will have to see it first. And I just started Hamidou Diallo for the whole week

starting him over Larry Nance, we'll see how that plays out. Hopeful that the defensive stats and 3s carry over from the preseason (and after Kyrie's dud yesterday, I am in need of 3s)

*edit* just saw that Larry Nance is out so this was a no brainer move lol

Edited by arucied

3 minutes ago, morphiend said:

What happened tonight . The lack of minutes worrying anyone?

A bit worried for me, fortunately Mo Bamba playing well, but Isaac's low mins.does worry me...

He got in foul trouble early and their bench unit made a run. Coach is sticking with what's working for this game.

• Like 6

Easy drop for me for now. 

I get it, insane upside, but gotta see the minutes/coaching commitment. 

Things will obviously accelerate quickly if/when fournier/gordon get injured.