DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

He will obviously go through some growing pains. Isaac hasn't played significant minutes of regular season ball meaning he has to adjust a lot on how to play defense. If you can hold or time your add right, he could reward you with significant stocks after the first few weeks as long as Clifford keeps the faith.

this is true, after watching both games I think this will take "awhile". He is going to have serious ups and downs for quite some time.

I said before the season started that this dude was over-hyped.  He's great at stocks...but a big negative everywhere else.

You can't play a PF in fantasy whose going to shoot >45% AND grab >6 boards AND get >10 PPG AND make >1 three per game.

Dude played 27 games last year and only scored 10+ points 3 times.  Only grabbed 6+ rebounds 5 times. 

I know hes' young but he hasn't ever flashed any kind of offensive ability, even in college where he scored 12 ppg.

It also doesn't help that he has 2 veterans playing his position (Simmons and Ross) who are averaging 28 and 22 MPG respectively. 

He's obviously a hold due to potential, but I think everyone was expecting WAY too many things out of Isaac that he's never shown before (most notably scoring and 3pt shooting)

13 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Man watching him I think his foul rate is gonna be a problem.

This is because the sample set is two games and he has been in foil trouble on both. Last night he picker one up with his lower body blocking a shot and a cheap one on a moving screen that was terrible. Blowout, back to back, perfect storm to not get minutes. 

I thought he should have gotten garbage minutes last night to get experience. The fact he didn't tell me Clifford wants to play him starter type minutes if he can stay out of foul trouble. If he gets minutes he will get boards. If he gets minutes he will get stocks. He never demonstrated foul rate issues last year that I can remember. I am waiting for the sample size to get bigger. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alexstr said:

I said before the season started that this dude was over-hyped.  He's great at stocks...but a big negative everywhere else.

You can't play a PF in fantasy whose going to shoot >45% AND grab >6 boards AND get >10 PPG AND make >1 three per game.

Dude played 27 games last year and only scored 10+ points 3 times.  Only grabbed 6+ rebounds 5 times. 

I know hes' young but he hasn't ever flashed any kind of offensive ability, even in college where he scored 12 ppg.

It also doesn't help that he has 2 veterans playing his position (Simmons and Ross) who are averaging 28 and 22 MPG respectively. 

He's obviously a hold due to potential, but I think everyone was expecting WAY too many things out of Isaac that he's never shown before (most notably scoring and 3pt shooting)

This is the only post you need to read here

Man he was just dumped in my league and I’m tempted but my league favors points and his offensive game is so cringe. 

Edited by chud12

Not gonna lie, I did drop him to stream and save my first week. Was close to not picking him up because Celtics defend good right, well good thing I didn’t listen to common sense, stud

I think Simmons will eat into his minute. I don't think he will go over 30 mpg. Let's monitor his min. tonight and see how it goes. He will be GOLD if Gordon or Nikola get traded.

30 minutes ago, KingPushaa said:

Finally, hopefully it’s a permanent turnaround 

He was in serious foul trouble the first 2 games of the season. Last game he put up a decent stat line. There is zero reason to panic. Seriously, just give them time to work out their rotations and see how it shakes out. He is basically a rookie and his minutes will probably increase as the season progresses. People that drafted and dropped after 2 foul plagued games do you realize you made a reaction off of the first 2.4% of the season? 

In terms of rotations, Clifford is doing weird stuff to start the year. Crew was talking about 9 man rotations and leaving Gordon, Isaac, or Vuc in with the second unit to extend their minutes based on game situation and who is playing well. First game it was Gordon. Last game Isaac got the extra run until the 4Q. Vuc has also been incredible his last 6 quarters of basketball. Hopefully Clifford settles into a minutes pattern soon. 

Offense finally showed up, but where are the advertised stocks? I'm more worried about that than the lack of scoring.

this isn't a fluke. he is saving the magic from the celtics making a comeback in the 4th. 

Looking more and more confident offensively. Seems to have earned more trust from his teammates.

He's obviously a solid defender with great length...so the lack of stocks are a bit surprising. But he's come close several times to a couple more stocks this game. I think it'll pick up over time.

As always, patience is key whenever you draft young players. It would not be like this most nights and it will usually be a timeshare with J-Simms but as long as he continues to earn the trust of Clifford then he will eventually get those starter minutes.

People who are wondering about his minutes, he is still on a min. restriction because of his ankles. Should be lifted soon the coach said, Anyway I am on board, hopefully the ankles hold up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

Offense finally showed up, but where are the advertised stocks? I'm more worried about that than the lack of scoring.

He has knocked the ball loose at least three times in the past two games where it just deflected to the other team after a scramble. That will change and those will become steals more often than not. The stocks will come and they tend to be the stat that comes in bunches. One game of 5 or 6 stocks and the averages will look closer to expectations. He played awesome tonight. He was really active on defense in 4q and clutch on offense. 

• Like 3