DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, Jonno26 said:

Do u reckon he is worth taking over guys like Ariza because of the sheer upside he has? 

Definitely.  He's still on a minutes restriction for his ankle, has no one that could possibly start over him, will be improving throughout the season because he's only 21, and Ariza is a known quantity in a crowded wing without a real PG.  

• Like 2

He was a key piece in pulling together a win in a road game against arguably the best team in the East.  

Also from roto:
Coach Steve Clifford said Isaac is still on a minutes restriction because of his ankle, but once that is lifted and the blocks pick back up, he could be a must-start option the rest of the way. 

Edited by Kriggly

Here to say I'm wishing this continues. I believe he has a lot of tools to be a double threat scoring & defending but have to temper expectations... so i'm not disappointed when he puts up duds. I wonder if Isaac can put it all together...

2 hours ago, sasuke7201 said:

having him as my end of bench player often leads me to the dilemma of whether stream this spot or hold for his upside:rolleyes:

Hold man... you'll regret it if u drop him...

I wanna see double-double tonight with 4 stocks ! !!1 

WE CAN DO IT ! :D  

LEEEEEEEEEET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just-do-it-hed-2013_bd4hzj.jpg

• Like 2

Jonathan Isaac is eager to prove his doubters wrong this season.

"I don’t think I’ve even begun to scratch the surface," Isaac said. "[Against the Celtics] it was offensive rebounding and corner 3s, and I feel like I have so much more to my game. As I continue to get more and more comfortable, as I continue to get more and more familiar with the NBA game, I feel like it’s going to come out." After a sluggish start, Isaac popped off for 18 points, 12 boards, two triples and one steal in just 26 minutes against the Celtics. He's primed for a big year and should be owned everywhere.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With him on a minutes limit, in 9-cat 12-team roto I've still got him on the bench. If he posts three hot lines with the minutes cap he will force my hand. For now I am not buying the one-game flash. I worry about missing the production if it comes, but in roto with a fixed games played limit, there are always dozens of games that we miss, so I usually just play the percentages.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love his potencial, but he's one year away from being a surefire fantasy option, but the last 2 months should be fun.

If you have a spot left for a promising player you should definitely hold on to him. 

I had to drop him because I had a bunch of (very) good forwards but few guards, so I had to choose between him and Shai. 

I don't see anyone competing for his minutes. if he plays well he will get at least 30 minutes and thats all owners can hope for.

in ESPN he's only listed at 5% owned? and in yahoo leagues it says 80% owned.

12 hours ago, sasuke7201 said:

having him as my end of bench player often leads me to the dilemma of whether stream this spot or hold for his upside:rolleyes:

There are a couple of posts about streaming, end of bench, etc. with Isaac. Be more creative. Do a 2 for 1 trade to upgrade a starter spot and then free up a streaming spot that way. Isaac is making people contemplate streaming, bench, drop, start while he is on a minutes limit. Just look at the macro view. His minutes are capped (coach said that will be lifted soon) and you are all wondering if he breaks out. Minutes = opportunity. The writing is on the wall for the minutes to increase. Just chill for a couple weeks and don't put him under a microscope every single night. 

• Like 4

2 mins in and Aminu already got his s--- swatted twice by Issacs :P  

Edited by IDatDude
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Q1 - 11:31

2 BLOCKED SHOTS 

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah babyyyyyyyyyyy

half on 2nd q and nothing else. :) don't jinx it