DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

The Magic offense is kinda painful to watch. Isaac's so darn athletic and has also demonstrated a sweet stroke. He was super wide open in the paint just now, and Fournier saw it - but decided to drive right into Nurkic. Isaac's actually been open beneath the rim a bunch of times in the past couple of games. Loving his defense and honestly would hold him the whole year primarily for his D, but hope they involve him a bit more in offense.

Edited by hoop

17 minutes ago, ttann71 said:

Picked him up today planning to stream I am pleased 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WHAT A GUY THIS GUY. What's his natural position? I hope it's SF. He can score in the high single digits for all I care. These stocks are delicious

12 hours ago, thezing1 said:

There are a couple of posts about streaming, end of bench, etc. with Isaac. Be more creative. Do a 2 for 1 trade to upgrade a starter spot and then free up a streaming spot that way. Isaac is making people contemplate streaming, bench, drop, start while he is on a minutes limit. Just look at the macro view. His minutes are capped (coach said that will be lifted soon) and you are all wondering if he breaks out. Minutes = opportunity. The writing is on the wall for the minutes to increase. Just chill for a couple weeks and don't put him under a microscope every single night. 

Thanks for the advise!! I am actually hype when the upside is there and mins are increasing. A 2 for 1 would be good but its just hard to decide who to trade with my current roster( maybe it would be a AC kind question). For now I am gonna hold tight with Isaac and see whats he gonna bring to us.

15 minutes ago, Dapro said:

He needs to be more aggressive on offense.

Hard to when his teammates shun him on offense. A lot of those guys are just trying to put up numbers rather than win on the Magic. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Hard to when his teammates shun him on offense. A lot of those guys are just trying to put up numbers rather than win on the Magic. 

Agree with this. Isaac cuts, he is open a lot of the times, but he doesn't get any feeds. It will all change over time though. 

• Like 1

two black holes on the team in fournier and gordon. at least he can put up stats without the ball in hands however his potential would be a lot higher if those guys weren't on the team or would pass more often than shoot. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

I dont think the coach trusts him enough to involve him in the pick n roll with DJ and Fournier.

The other thing is that Gordon likes to play iso and jack up 3s, even though hes not good at that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rotomonster3 said:

Any thoughts on this guy guarding the Giannis tonight? I see foul trouble early and often 

Thoughts?? Scared, low expectations etc.  

14 minutes ago, rotomonster3 said:

Any thoughts on this guy guarding the Giannis tonight? I see foul trouble early and often 

He's guarded everyone assigned very well. I'm not worried, this is why he was drafted and why he's getting minutes right now: defense.

1 hour ago, rotomonster3 said:

Giannis is a tough cover for everyone. I would almost rather see Gordon guard him since no one is blocking Giannis' shot. Giannis is never going to be a "good" matchup, but the Magic have 2 athletic and long options to guard him. Bucks play pretty fast. If he stays out of foul trouble he could have a decent game. No stat line would really surprise me, but the range of outcomes is pretty wide. 

horrible first half. first time watching the magic and he literally does not get looks from his teammates. 8 mins and only two touch on offense. what a joke. i dont doubt his fantasy monster potential however i dont know if his usage ranks him over the likes of say covington or danny green? who gives you 1/1/1