DLove

Jonathon Isaac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I only own him for the stocks so I will take the 4 total. It would be nice if the god damn coach spoke up and had guys pass the ball instead of jacking up ishh after ishh. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gorgeous George said:

It's weird.  It's almost as if there is no one playing point who can set up the players in Orlando...

Hilarious....I was just thinking how differently this team would play with a point guard distributing and Vuc facilitating from the high post. It would actually be a competent eastern conference basketball team, maybe.  

2 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I only own him for the stocks so I will take the 4 total. It would be nice if the god damn coach spoke up and had guys pass the ball instead of jacking up ishh after ishh. 

It will only happen when the players realize how ridiculous it is on film and actually care. I feel like he is the only player cutting on the team. Fournier and Gordon just look him off and take their long, contested 2's. Vuc is playing at a ridiculous level. He looks off Isaac, but the shot he gets is a better shot than whatever Isaac had. I have zero issues with Vuc. I feel bad for him that he isn't lankier or springier because he is a really good player. DJA has no business starting, but that is obvious. Gordon is just not a good fit. 

I know this probably sounds ridiculous for a guy putting up poor to mediocre stat lines and less than 50 games into his career, but he is going to be so much better than Gordon that it won't be close. A proper organization will put Gordon into a 6th man role or trade him. Isaac is going to be the PF to pair with Bamba that can switch to lock down whoever.  You can just see his instincts and movement and see that he is going to be one of those selfless Robin types that just needs a Batman. He is by far the best defender on the team already. If I was a Magic fan I would be very excited about the future and would be stoked to start hearing Gordon trade rumors in the near future. Unfortunately, his new contract will make that pretty tough to pull off. 

Just now, DirkNomisszki said:

yikes! I was worried about his match up with the Freak! but i'll eat those stocks up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner any day!

Technically, he should have had one more block because Ersan kicked out his leg after a 3 that Isaac blocked and they just called it an offensive foul. But whatever, 4 stocks in a blowout with limited minutes salvages the line. 

• Like 1

It always was and always will be fournier!!! Dudes the biggest ball hog on the planet. He ruins the flow of the offense by playing iso ball 24/7 and it rubs off on aaron gordon. I remember last year fournier did the same thing with AG. So many games lost b/c his effect on the squad. Simmons is no better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stickman786 said:

It always was and always will be fournier!!! Dudes the biggest ball hog on the planet. He ruins the flow of the offense by playing iso ball 24/7 and it rubs off on aaron gordon. I remember last year fournier did the same thing with AG. So many games lost b/c his effect on the squad. Simmons is no better.

Orlando also doesnt really have a point guard, it's by committee, hes never gonna get much shots but his stocks will always be there with minutes.

Funny, his ranking boosted up yesterday because of his defensive stocks. In a standard H2H league, he is holds so much damn upside. 

Frustrating but he won be blks category this week 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cozie said:

Damn, I can’t pry this guy from his owner. I want in!!!!!

would easily sell my Isaac for someone I trust ROS. 

• Like 1

I just traded him. He is undoubtedly a big talent, but Orlando are a mess.  It seems like they are showcasing Vucevic, Gordon & Fournier.

I have him and have seen nance and bjeilca picked up. I have faith in him, but hopefully he shows a slight improvement over the next couple of weeks. 

46 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

I just traded him. He is undoubtedly a big talent, but Orlando are a mess.  It seems like they are showcasing Vucevic, Gordon & Fournier.

Are we talking about the same guy? He averaged around 27 minutes in the last week and is ranked 43rd in Yahoo leagues over the seven day period.

i'm tempted to drop him for Miles Bridges in my 12 team league but his stat stuffing potential is really holding me back. If he can consistently contribute to offense on an average level, he's a no brainer hold

37 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I mean he had seven blocks in the last seven days.

A non sustainable number that is the only reason he is rosterable atm. 

Im not dropping yet but I would easily throw him in a 2 for 1 for free. It’s still super early in the season but he isn’t as rosterable as he is made out to be. Once again I’m not dropping for awhile but I wouldn’t think anyone is making a bad move cutting him loose. 

Don't drop Isaac.  The way he moves with that height, and length is Giannis without the playmaking, but plus a 3 pointer.  I'm not playing.   He's obsessive with hard work, and motivated to be great.  His 2nd half will be top 50, and if he can average 12-14 points, could be higher.   His game is cookie-cut perfect for fantasy, and if you're in a dynasty league, it would be smart to move a more hyped name for this guy.

He is going to be shaky as the season progresses but you don't want another owner to pick him up when things start to click.  Especially if/when they move Vuc for a playmaking guard.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Im not dropping yet but I would easily throw him in a 2 for 1 for free. It’s still super early in the season but he isn’t as rosterable as he is made out to be. Once again I’m not dropping for awhile but I wouldn’t think anyone is making a bad move cutting him loose. 

Obviously, right? I mean no one can go 3.5 blocks aside from AD, Whiteside, and maybe McGee if he gets his minutes up. But, if you actually watch Isaac play he challenges a lot of shots, he is long, and he really doesn't draw many fouls on challenges. I don't think he is going to be below 1.5 bpg when it is all said and done (assuming he is healthy). He hasn't lost the minutes cap yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Obviously he's not going to block an average +2 blocks per game. I thought it's also obvious that he's on a team going no where, he's a member of their core, he's going to continue to get minutes and it's only a matter of time before it all fits. In the meantime he's going to do enough all around to have value. That's my two cents and those seven blocks were not a fluke. He's a very strong defender.

Anyone who bought into a sophomore who hardly played as a rookie with the expectation of an instant success didn't do their homework here.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Obviously he's not going to block an average +2 blocks per game. I thought it's also obvious that he's on a team going no where, he's a member of their core, he's going to continue to get minutes and it's only a matter of time before it all fits. In the meantime he's going to do enough all around to have value. That's my two cents and those seven blocks were not a fluke. He's a very strong defender.

Anyone who bought into a sophomore who hardly played as a rookie with the expectation of an instant success didn't do their homework here.

Exactly.

No, he won't get 7 blocks per game, but he has the craziest length to go along with freakish quickness.  There aren't many guys in the league, period, that have the agility and coordination he has plus the wingspan.  He'll be a ridiculous stocks guy at very minimum, but his shot is smooth, too.  His main issue is ball handling but he's worked hard on that, and has the motivation to only get better.  The Magic HAVE to make a move for a playmaker this season so these young guys don't get too used to losing, too early in their careers.  When that time comes, we'll see Isaac show is skills more consistently, while Gordon can use his athleticism more rather than trying to handle the ball.  Bamba will get minutes, and the Magic will look like a different ream.  There will be more opportunity for everyone once the team is done showcasing Vucevic.  They are less worried about wins, than they are lifting Vuc's stock has high as possible to trade him.

Patience with Isaac.  Watch him play, and you'll see the sheer size and length of him being able to make cuts, and get up and down the court similar to Giannis and Anthony Davis.  He's still very raw offensively, but he's a special specimen.  

reminds me of last years Taurean Prince. He was a sleeper during the drafts, started off the year slow but then became consistent. Hopefully the last part will happen here as well

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, brosephd said:

he'll either be anthony randolph or anthony davis lite by the end of the year. 

hxdCpt2.gif

• Haha 2