Sign in to follow this  
ponza88

Rate My Team! 10-Team PPR

Hey Guys,

After doing a little more research, I'm starting to refine and zero in on my players. Let me know what you think of this squad... I know I maybe should have picked someone else besides Michael Thomas, since I have Kamara... but I love both players.

QB: Brees, Smith
WR: Thomas, Hilton, Jones Jr, Cooks, Moore, Golladay
RB: Kamara, Mixon, Collins, Miller, Montgomery
TE: Burton
K: Elliot
DEF: Rams

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I'm not crazy about it.    I like Thomas and Hilton but you get thin pretty quickly at WR.

And personally, I don't like Collins. But assuming Kamara holds up, I like Kamara, Mixon, Miller.

But the team seems light for a 10 team league.

I"m not sure what the point of grabbing Smith was.  

Is this Standard or PPR?  If it's PPR, I like it even less.

Edited by K197040

Posted (edited)

3/10

Edited by dmb3684

23 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

3/10

LOL

13 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

LOL

I don't think he was kidding.  

Not to pile on but this looks like a less than average team in a 12 man PPR. 

Your team seems solid everywhere, but kind of lacks a position where you're truly elite. I'm not in love with your WR3 situation for PPR. Jones Jr is not going to catch 9 TDs again and isn't a target monster and Cooks isn't really a high volume guy either.. I think I would like your team more if you had spent your 5th or 6th round pick on a Jarvis Landry or Golden Tate. Landry and Tate are less sexy, but have a way better floor. Jones Jr caught 3 or less balls in 8 games last year. 

I do like Brees and Mixon as nice bounce back candidates though.

23 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

LOL

What is funny? That is a below average team in a 10 team league. Think a lot will agree. 

1 minute ago, Geaux Saints said:

Your team seems solid everywhere, but kind of lacks a position where you're truly elite. I'm not in love with your WR3 situation for PPR. Jones Jr is not going to catch 9 TDs again and isn't a target monster and Cooks isn't really a high volume guy either.. I think I would like your team more if you had spent your 5th or 6th round pick on a Jarvis Landry or Golden Tate. Landry and Tate are less sexy, but have a way better floor. Jones Jr caught 3 or less balls in 8 games last year. 

I do like Brees and Mixon as nice bounce back candidates though.

While I like Brees, I think that was the pick that was the undoing of this team.   And Collins.  I"m guessing those were his 5th and 6th  picks.  In 10 team, there should have been a decent WR sitting there. 

Just now, dmb3684 said:

What is funny? That is a below average team in a 10 team league. Think a lot will agree. 

Your assessment, that's funny. I'll agree to disagree with your score and I don't think "a lot" will agree. Maybe some.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

While I like Brees, I think that was the pick that was the undoing of this team.   And Collins.  I"m guessing those were his 5th and 6th  picks.  In 10 team, there should have been a decent WR sitting there. 

Brees was a 10th round pick. How did it undue my team?

Just now, ponza88 said:

Your assessment, that's funny. I'll agree to disagree with your score and I don't think "a lot" will agree. Maybe some.

Count me in as agreeing with him.   Just my opinion. 

If you look at a team and can't tell if it's 10 man or 12 man, then it's got issues. 

1 minute ago, ponza88 said:

Ehh, maybe 3 is harsh. I'll rephrase.

I'm positive a lot will agree that that is a below average team in a 10 teamer. 3/10, 5/10, doesn't really matter.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Brees was a 10th round pick. How did it undue my team?

My bad.   I made an assumption.  But I couldn't see anyone else on your roster that would have been taken at the 5 or 6 spot.

Edited by K197040

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'm indifferent on Collins. He probably won't be great, but he's solid. WR3 is really going to hurt this team in PPR though. People make fun of guys like Landry and Tate, but there's something to be said for your WR3 going 6 for 70 every week. Jones Jr. is going to kill you on the weeks he doesn't catch a TD. Floor matters as much as ceiling IMO.

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ehh, maybe 3 is harsh. I'll rephrase.

I'm positive a lot will agree that that is a below average team in a 10 teamer. 3/10, 5/10, doesn't really matter.

I'll make sure I requote this team in the middle of the season :)

1 minute ago, Geaux Saints said:

I'm indifferent on Collins. He probably won't be great, but he's solid. WR3 is really going to hurt this team in PPR though. People make fun of guys like Landry and Tate, but there's something to be said for your WR3 going 6 for 70 every week. Jones Jr. is going to kill you on the weeks he doesn't catch a TD. Floor matters as much as ceiling IMO.

Agree that Collins could be OK.  But in PPR, the WR3 should score significantly more than the RB3.   I'd love to have Tate, Landry, or Crabtree as my WR3. 

3 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

WR3 is relegated to FLEX.

FLEX I have Cooks, Jones Jr, Miller, Collins, Montgomery... 

There's plenty of matchup plays I could make with the type of receiving backs that I have.

People are discrediting Cooks at an absurd rate, which makes some of these "3/10 5/10" ratings funny. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Agree that Collins could be OK.  But in PPR, the WR3 should score significantly more than the RB3.   I'd love to have Tate, Landry, or Crabtree as my WR3. 

Miller, Collins, and Montgomery have RB2/1 Ceilings in PPR, per matchup. Not sure how they're only RB3s at best. 

Edited by ponza88

If you already know how great the team is, why ask?

Just now, dmb3684 said:

If you already know how great the team is, why ask?

A little back and forth isn't stating "I know how great my team is" ... just asking for a little statistics or a little more high-level thinking than just "3/10".

2 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Miller, Collins, and Montgomery have RB2/1 Ceilings in PPR, per matchup. Not sure how they're only RB3s at best. 

I like Miller a lot.   And Montomery as a late pick.   He could line up as a WR quite a bit.  As well as 3rd down RB. 

But your WR's after Hilton look very weak.  

• Like 1

After running through a mock myself from pick 7, I think the OP's team isn't as bad as some in this thread. I still don't like his WR3 situation though. Here's what I ended up with for comparisons sake. 10 team full point PPR - 7th pick:

QB: Andrew Luck

WR: Odell Beckham Jr

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: Golden Tate

RB: Leonard Fournette

RB: Rashaad Penny

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Matt Prater

DEF: LA Chargers

Bench:

Derrius Guice

Ronald Jones II

Marshawn Lynch

Kerryon Johnson

Marqise Lee

Corey Clement

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

A little back and forth isn't stating "I know how great my team is" ... just asking for a little statistics or a little more high-level thinking than just "3/10".

Here are some stats:

Over the last 3 years:

Marvin Jones finished as a WR2 or better only 28% of the time.  And as a WR 4 over 50% of the time

Cooks was WR2 or better 44% of the time and WR4 37.5% of the time.

They'll probably both have OK numbers at the end of the year but on a game by game basis, they could kill you.

Edited by K197040

19 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Well you haven't once asked that. You said rate my team, I rated it. Out on this thread now. Best of luck.

7 minutes ago, Geaux Saints said:

After running through a mock myself from pick 7, I think the OP's team isn't as bad as some in this thread. I still don't like his WR3 situation though. Here's what I ended up with for comparisons sake. 10 team full point PPR - 7th pick:

QB: Andrew Luck

WR: Odell Beckham Jr

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: Golden Tate

RB: Leonard Fournette

RB: Rashaad Penny

TE: Jimmy Graham

K: Matt Prater

DEF: LA Chargers

Bench:

Derrius Guice

Ronald Jones II

Marshawn Lynch

Kerryon Johnson

Marqise Lee

Corey Clement

Yeah...you're right.   The 7 is not a great spot.  I just ended up with the following team.

I took Kamara as the first pick to try to see how it fell out.

But I like this team OK.

Your Team

QB Andrew Luck
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Joe Mixon
WR Keenan Allen
WR T.Y. Hilton
TE Delanie Walker
FLX Golden Tate
DST Denver Broncos
K  Matt Bryant

BN